Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #16
becpee
I see sock puppets

We cruised before we did WDW, and I'm debating whether our next cruise May2014 will also include WDW trip LOL

Cruising is a whole different amazing way to vacation

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #17
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

We all love our Disney cruises. Wish we could do them more often. My kids are not "kids" anymore. My youngest is 20 and we are all cruising the Fantasay for the first time in July. We are a group of 18 and the youngest will be my daughter. Yes we love it that much.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Wow! I am so interested to hear my kids reaction now. I have been nervous that they will not like it. Happy to hear that a lot of kids prefer it! My kids are always begging to go to DL and the only way I am getting them on the boat in April is because we have a trip to DL planned for August. I hope they love it as much as all your kids did!! (Fingers crossed!)
Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #19
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

Like others I was surprised when my 10yo daughter said this past weekend that she prefers the cruise to the parks. It's been a couple years since we were at WDW but we had passes on and off from when she was 3 to 8. My son barely remembers WDW, if at all, so I wasn't really surprised when he agreed with his sister.

We're getting passes again this fall. I'm sure they'll like WDW still and we already have a 7-night on the Fantasy booked for June 2014 so we'll be able to do both in the same year. If I had to choose one I'd take the cruise even though the same $ could cover us for 2-3 weeks at WDW.

JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #20
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

It's so funny that so many kids had the same reaction as mine. My daughter was almost crying on the 3rd night of our 4 night cruise. We just went to disney world 4 months ago, so it is fresh on their mind. Even my 3 year old preferred the cruise. We do have nov 2014 booked, but I may have to move it up! I am soooo ready to go back.
Ashleyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #21
ctomblin
Earning My Ears

My kids are the same!!! We did our first cruise last September and before we even left port my DS5 was asking if we could take all our vacations on "mickeys boat ride"!!!! We have been to disney several times and our going for 2 days before our 7nt cruise in June. The kids are more excited about the cruise than anything, I think I could have saved the money, lol!!!!!

ctomblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
mrsaunders
Earning My Ears

For those of you that responded, are your kids outgoing? We are a family of introverts and my kids (12 & 14) are already saying they have no intention of going in the clubs. Im worried they won't enjoy our first cruise because of that.
mrsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
mollyclairesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaunders
For those of you that responded, are your kids outgoing? We are a family of introverts and my kids (12 & 14) are already saying they have no intention of going in the clubs. Im worried they won't enjoy our first cruise because of that.
My DD (4) is an introvert (as am I) and though she was not opposed to the clubs we just didn't find a time that she wanted to go on our 4 day. She loved the cruise and can't wait to go on our next. However, she's a preschooler not a tween, so that might make a difference... She still thinks its most fun to hang out with us There's so much to do that my feeling is that they'd love it, but maybe someone with tweens can confirm.
mollyclairesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #24
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaunders View Post
My kids are a yes and no. My son is not the least bit shy. He did love the clubs. He's perfectly happy as long as he has someone to play with. My daughter is very shy until she gets comfortable. Then she won't shut up

JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
lpandorf
DIS Veteran

Mine loved the cruise more, as well. I went to pick my 8 year old son up at the Kids's Club at midnight and he told me it was open till 1am and to please come back for him. My 11 year old daughter made me a card in the Club thanking me for taking her on the best vacation ever. We are going on EC on the Fantasy this summer and they are so excited.
2007 SSR
2008 OKW
2009 Vero Beach
2010 HHI
2011 DCL
2012 Offsite
2013 AKV
lpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #26
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Quote:
My son is 12 and is fairly shy and takes a while to warm up to new people and new things. For the first day or two hf our 8 night cruise he wasn't crazy about the Edge but we made him go to some of the "getting to know you" type activities the first day. After that we let him chose if/when he wanted to go. He really started to like it after he got comfortable there and he ended up wanting to spend more time there than I would have thought he would at first. Even if my kids had never gone in the clubs I know they would have loved the cruise because there was so much we could do together as a family.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #27
Jakejosh4
Mouseketeer

My 2 boys age 5 & 8 loved it also in fact they cried when they had to leave. They to would rather do another cruise than WDW
Saratoga Springs resort And Disney Fantasy 2013
Saratoga Springs resort and Disney Fantasy 2014

YOYO Your only young once.
Jakejosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
LasseKjus
Mouseketeer

Same with our kids (and us too), that's why my 9 year old will be going on her 13th cruise here in a couple of weeks, Her fourth Disney Cruise.

We're fortunate enough to get plenty of vacation time a year and our kids also participate in AAU activities of which national championship events are at Wide World of Sports. We own and operate the club as well, so getting to Disney World once a year is also part of the deal and we consider it a business expense!
LasseKjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #29
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Our whole family would much rather cruise than go to the parks.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #30
maiyoli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I thought I was going to have the same problem with my older daughter. When we went on our first Disney cruise my older daughter was 9 at the time. She never left our side. She tried the kids club but was always in a corner in the room. She didn't want to go back to the kids club. When we were deciding on going on another cruise My daughter said she only wanted to go on a Disney cruise again. She said she had so much fun she loved the shows, all the family stuff that was available. We went on the Disney cruise this September my daughter who was 13 on the cruise had so much fun was always at the kids club. What I thought was really funny is she was getting Texts on the wave phones. I couldn't believe it. She had made friends. So when we ask now about vacation it's only Disney cruise
maiyoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: