Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

Kids love the disney cruise more than disney world!

Just got off the magic and the kids had so much fun that they decided they would rather go on another disney cruise instead of going to disney world next year.

So, we took advantage of the OBB and just booked a Caribbean out of port canaveral for thanksgiving 2014. So excited! Ports include san Juan, st. Maarten and castaway cay.

I'm still shocked that my princess loving 5 year old would rather be on the Mickey ship instead of eating in cinderella's castle on thanksgiving day.

Last edited by Ashleyfaz; 03-19-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Ashleyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyfaz View Post
Just got off the magic and the kids had so much fun that they decided they would rather go on another disney cruise instead of going to disney world next year.

So, we took advantage of the OBB and just booked a Caribbean out of port canaveral for thanksgiving 2014. So excited! Ports include san Juan, st. Maarten and castaway cay.

I'm still shocked that my princess loving 5 year old would rather be on the Mickey ship instead of eating in cinderella's castle on thanksgiving day.
This was surprisingly true about my kids as well. After their first cruise in 2009, they were completely hooked.

Don't get me wrong, they won't turn down a WDW trip (we are going in August 2013), but they inevitably ask now "Are we going to go on the cruise too?" Not this time I told them, but our next DCL is August 2014.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Quote:

Welcome to the club! - We were hooked the moment we boarded!
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Yup, mine were the same way. I was shocked.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wow...I am interested in my families reaction too. Our first ever cruise is only a 3 night Bahamas on the Dreams, so I really hope it is enough to get everyone hooked! Our three DD's are going to be 9,7,5 and I really hope they love it!

Now if only I could just stop worrying about me being seasick! I don't have a very good track record, but have never been on a cruise 'ship'. Hopefully it will be different!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
mystifyny
Earning My Ears

Mine were too. They keep saying that was the best vacation ever.
mystifyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

We have videos of all 4 WDW parks and the cruise line. DD loves to watch the cruise line - rarely any of the others. In fact, today's a snow day and I think it's been on almost continuous this afternoon!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
This was surprisingly true about my kids as well. After their first cruise in 2009, they were completely hooked.

Don't get me wrong, they won't turn down a WDW trip (we are going in August 2013), but they inevitably ask now "Are we going to go on the cruise too?" Not this time I told them, but our next DCL is August 2014.
ditto here....my daughter took her first Disney cruise at age four in 2007...in August she'll be 10YO for the fifth...

she always asks "what do you like better- Disney World or Disney Cruise?"...for her DCL is the resounding answer and when i say Disney World she gives me ten reasons why i should like DCL better...
Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
WallaceFamily
Some faith, trust and pixie dust.

We loved our cruise so much that none of us even want to try WDW.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
oliverdj
Mouseketeer

My DD, 7 at the time of our 1st dream cruise last sept, & she did not want to leave the ship! (I don't blame her - I didn't want to leave either

She loved the clubs, especially the last night, because she got a little backpack & the projects they worked on & she said they had a bunch of character greetings!

She is counting down the days til our next cruise this September

---------------------------------------------
First Disney Cruise: 2012 Disney Dream
oliverdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
jdhardman
Earning My Ears

I get extreme motion sickness so I took bonine starting with the first morning we boarded. We had some rough water at various times and I never got seasick.
jdhardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #12
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Dittoes

Quote:

Grand chrildren 11 and 15 loved it, if their mother had not made them come to dinner we would only seen them until clubs closed at 1:00 am. They have both been to WDW more that 8 times have no interest in going back. Did Smokey Mountains last summer. Hosreback riding, zip lines, white water rafting, playing in rivers in park. All the things WDW does not do.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #13
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My kids were upset when we announced that we were going to WDW last May. My nine year old said, "Why are you spending the money we could use to go on a Disney cruise?" Lucky him, our next cruise is now booked.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #14
dennes
Mouseketeer

My kids were exactly the same. Our Trip of a lifetime has now turned into.... Another Disney Cruise LOL. Booked for Panama Canal 2014. The budget is tight so we can get there from New Zealand!

Disney world 2001, Disneyland and California Adventure 2001, Disney Wonder Pixar Pacific Coastal Cruise Sept 2012, Disneyland and California Adventure Sept 2012. LOVED Carsland!

Can't wait for April/May 2014. Trip of a lifetime with DH, DSs (7) and (11) Panama Canal cruise and WDW. Very exciting!
dennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #15
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

DD#10 had the same reaction to our cruise last month. I have a surprise trip to WDW booked for August and now I almost don't want to tell her about it..........I expect to hear something like, "Could we go on a cruise instead?"
Kim1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: