Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
emilypaul
Earning My Ears

BLT Changing from 1BR to 2BR

Hello!

We are planning a stay at BLT in early September with our family. Dh and I will head down for the first four days with our 4yo ds. We will be there for four nights in a 1 BR.

Our two teenagers will be joining us for the next three days and we have a 2 BR reserved. What are the odds of being able to stay in the same 1 BR the whole time and just add a lock out bedroom to it for the last three days of our trip? Of course I know this couldn't be guaranteed, but is it even possible?

Thank you!
emilypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilypaul View Post
Hello!

We are planning a stay at BLT in early September with our family. Dh and I will head down for the first four days with our 4yo ds. We will be there for four nights in a 1 BR.

Our two teenagers will be joining us for the next three days and we have a 2 BR reserved. What are the odds of being able to stay in the same 1 BR the whole time and just add a lock out bedroom to it for the last three days of our trip? Of course I know this couldn't be guaranteed, but is it even possible?

Thank you!
Did you book DVC or CRO? I had heard, but can't confirm, that if you book a CRO 2 BR, you get a dedicated room. If that is the case, you would have to move, they are separate rooms.

If booked DVC, there are separate booking categories for lock-off and dedicated. First, which do you have? If it is a lock-off, it is a 1 BR and Studio combo. In that case is possible, but I still think it would be hard to have it assigned that way.

A third possibility is that you rented DVC. If that is the case, did you rent though the same person for both halves of the stay? If not, they would not be connected.
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilypaul View Post
Hello!

Thank you!
You have to have a lockoff one bedroom for the first part of your stay. When you open up to the attached studio for the two bedroom, your studio portion will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. It will have a separate entrance into the studio portion. It will have a kitchenette and the living area will be tight.

It has to be the same booking category for each stay. You can't get theme park view and lake view.

You need to reference the second reservation on the first reservation. When you check in, see if you are blocked into the same one bedroom portion for the entire trip. You might be able to get it.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

when you check in - be sure to tell the front desk (either at BLT or CR) that you will have a 2-bedroom as well as 1-bedroom - give them the dates and reservation - ask THEN - if you can stay in the 1-bedroom - now they can't answer your question. that will take the room controller to do this.

but they will try.

no guarantees.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
cvjw
DIS Veteran

If you have everything reserved just as PP suggested, I would still check with BLT staff very frequently and remind them. We had almost the same situation at BLT 2 years ago. My family of 4 stayed in a 1 bedroom for several nights before we had family join us in a studio (which would turn into a lock-off 2 bedroom). We informed the front desk of this fact when we checked in. They made us wait for our room until almost 5:00 the first day, because they really wanted us in a certain 1 bedroom, so that our guests could have the studio next door when they checked in. We thought everything was set and ready to go.

Fast forward to check-in day for my guests - our 1 bedroom was on the 11th floor, and their studio was on the 4th floor. So much for waiting til 5:00 for our villa so that our guests could stay beside us. Stay in contact with the front desk and keep reminding them of what you want. We didn't do that - we just assumed that since we were told it would happen, it would. And of course it didn't.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: