Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
jalaine
Mouseketeer

Will difference in square footage of Poly rooms matter?

We've always stayed in one of the newer longhouses at the Poly, so have only had the larger rooms. I *think* they're larger by about 50 square feet???

For this trip, I was thinking of something closer to the quiet pool, but with Tokelau under refurb. during our stay, I think the only other one that would be done is Samoa (or maybe Raratonga) and I know those have the smaller rooms. There are 5 of us: 2 adults and 3 kids, 13, 10, and 7. Would having the smaller room really make us feel more cramped??? If it will, I'll just change our room request to Rapa Nui again I guess. We're arriving April 26, so right now I have Raratonga requested, but I don't think it's going to be done with the refurb by then

Just can't visualize what the smaller rooms would look like...

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaine View Post
We've always stayed in one of the newer longhouses at the Poly, so have only had the larger rooms. I *think* they're larger by about 50 square feet???

For this trip, I was thinking of something closer to the quiet pool, but with Tokelau under refurb. during our stay, I think the only other one that would be done is Samoa (or maybe Raratonga) and I know those have the smaller rooms. There are 5 of us: 2 adults and 3 kids, 13, 10, and 7. Would having the smaller room really make us feel more cramped??? If it will, I'll just change our room request to Rapa Nui again I guess. We're arriving April 26, so right now I have Raratonga requested, but I don't think it's going to be done with the refurb by then

Just can't visualize what the smaller rooms would look like...

Thanks!
We stayed as a family of 4 in Raratonga first. Then dd and I went on a mom n me trip and got Tokelau and I was surprised how much bigger the room felt. The next family trip I requested a larger room and you really need it with that many people. The main area of extra space was instead of a lounge chair there was that and another chair and extra walking space by sliding door/balcony/patio.
If your family prefers and area over space however than it just doesn't matter!
Poly will be fun either way so enjoy!
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: