Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #16
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I would be careful if looking at early december of the large tour groups, such as Pop Warner. The values tend to attract these groups and, no thank you, I would not want to be staying around large groups of teens/pre teens anywhere. Read horror stories every year on these boards about these groups.

For me for a longer stay with lots of resort time, I would do moderate at least and look for a good "sale".

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #17
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Disney Mom
I've stayed as long as 6 nights at a value and 9 nights deluxe
If you don't have kids I think the values would get old fast. How about a split stay. Stay a few nights at the value and go to the beaches parks etc. Then switch to deluxe to relax around the resort. We have done that and it worked out very nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We do have young kids. 2 boys who are 10 and 6. How does a split stay work? Can you book it as a split or is it just 2 separate reservations? And is it a pain to pack up and relocate ?
BriarRose129 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #18
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal
I would be careful if looking at early december of the large tour groups, such as Pop Warner. The values tend to attract these groups and, no thank you, I would not want to be staying around large groups of teens/pre teens anywhere. Read horror stories every year on these boards about these groups.

For me for a longer stay with lots of resort time, I would do moderate at least and look for a good "sale".
Ohhh thank you!!!! Wow, I guess that can be very unpleasant if there are horror stories about it! Yikes! How do you find deals? Do they come out closer to the time of your stay? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #19
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

I'm sure you will have fun wherever you choose! With two boys I would go with a moderate for the pool slide and a bit more space!
Carriesouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #20
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard
I'm sure you will have fun wherever you choose! With two boys I would go with a moderate for the pool slide and a bit more space!
That's what my husband had said as well. It doesn't matter, we will be in disney and it will be a great vacation no matter what. We will make the best of any resort choice. I will check out the moderates! Thank you!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #21
lobsterslayer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose129 View Post
We were pricing out a few options and we can do 7 days at AOA suite or at a lower level Deluxe or a Moderate. OR for about the same price so for 10 or 11 days if we stay at a Value. While I'm not thrilled with the Value Resorts the idea of more disney vacation days is tempting. What do you think? Will 10 days at a value be too much since they don't have as many amenities. Or it should be ok since we aren't really hang at the resort people anyway.
Have you looked in to the Water Parks & more ticket options? For not a lot more $$ it gives you 2 water parks, 2 mini golf courses, and Disney Quest to visit. If you stayed Value on a hot day you could do a water park in the morning and walk around downtown Disney in the evening. We are lucky this year and had a little extra $$ so we didn't have to choose, we're doing 10 days Deluxe but in the future if we can't justify staying Deluxe this is my plan.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterslayer

Have you looked in to the Water Parks & more ticket options? For not a lot more $$ it gives you 2 water parks, 2 mini golf courses, and Disney Quest to visit. If you stayed Value on a hot day you could do a water park in the morning and walk around downtown Disney in the evening. We are lucky this year and had a little extra $$ so we didn't have to choose, we're doing 10 days Deluxe but in the future if we can't justify staying Deluxe this is my plan.
I did see that, would it be warm enough in nov/dec for a water park though? Normally id just do the deluxe but we are taking the kids away for spring break, then I have a girls trip away early summer. So with multi vacations this year, we need to budget more for Disney.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #23
lobsterslayer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I did see that, would it be warm enough in nov/dec for a water park though? Normally id just do the deluxe but we are taking the kids away for spring break, then I have a girls trip away early summer. So with multi vacations this year, we need to budget more for Disney.
Idk about warm enough, we are from Maine so we would swim as long as it was above 70. We haven't stayed in a Value yet, but CBR was nice and I think CSR looks good. Lots of people love POR and POFQ so maybe a Moderate is worth looking in to.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #24
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

We are in the north east as well so that time of year, 70 will be warm for us, but I saw last dec on a friend Facebook that they were in coats and hats and gloves at magic kingdom. It was cold!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #25
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I vote for deluxe, I enjoy staying at the resort as much as going to the parks. I like the larger beds, better amenities. My opinion is if you are paying so much to stay I'm going to get my money worth out of the resort too.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #26
fanandproud
Earning My Ears

Here's what I can say. Allow a day of rest in between the days that you do the parks if you can. It really helps make your vacation just that, a vacation. If you spend all your time running around in parks, when you get home you will feel like you need a vacation from your vacation. All disney hotels are well thought out regardless of their level, and they all are an experience like no other. That said when you're talking about the difference between the AoA and a value like the Pop or All Star, there won't be that great of a difference in amenities. If you were talking AoA and the Polynesian that would be different. In short I would go for the trip that allows rest in between parks.
fanandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #27
lobsterslayer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We do have young kids. 2 boys who are 10 and 6. How does a split stay work? Can you book it as a split or is it just 2 separate reservations? And is it a pain to pack up and relocate ?
Use the search option on this site, lots of threads. It doesn't sound like it would be a pain at all.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #28
TJA
DIS Veteran

I'd opt for the 7 nights at a deluxe. I don't think you'd be sitting around in your room, but rather you'd be enjoying the relaxed feeling and enjoying the little extras you get at a deluxe. Depending on which one you choose (WL? CR wing room?), you'd get some other forms of transportation that are more relaxing than taking a bus or car to the parks. There are boats, walking paths, monorail too. You can rent boats or bikes at some/most deluxes. There are sit-down restaurants at the deluxes. For us, it's more enjoyable with the extras.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #29
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanandproud
Here's what I can say. Allow a day of rest in between the days that you do the parks if you can. It really helps make your vacation just that, a vacation. If you spend all your time running around in parks, when you get home you will feel like you need a vacation from your vacation. All disney hotels are well thought out regardless of their level, and they all are an experience like no other. That said when you're talking about the difference between the AoA and a value like the Pop or All Star, there won't be that great of a difference in amenities. If you were talking AoA and the Polynesian that would be different. In short I would go for the trip that allows rest in between parks.
Thank you!!! This is very helpful!!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #30
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterslayer

Use the search option on this site, lots of threads. It doesn't sound like it would be a pain at all.
Ohhh ok sorry! Didnt realize I can do that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: