Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
momofkids
Mouseketeer

Rainforest Cafe AK

We ate at the Rainforest Cafe outside of AK last November. The kids really want to eat there again; however, I am really reluctant to eat there a second time. My husband and I ordered different dishes, and the food was terrible. The kids ordered kid food and liked their meals. The bill was actually shocking for the quality level of the food. I was also disappointed because the table they originally assigned us was the last table before the gift shop. It didn't feel like we were in the restaurant. They weren't very nice about moving us at all, and that wasn't a good start to our experience.

So, I am just wondering if our experience was an aberration or if others have had better food. Just a note that we did go with recommended dishes that I had researched online ahead of time. The rest of our TS meals were okay or really good. Should we give it another try?
Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
jbugeye22
Earning My Ears

I would go back for a breakfast. Your kids loved it, the breakfast entrees average about $10 for adults. You get the Rainforest experience for cheap and really, how hard is it to mess up breakfast?
jbugeye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
momofkids
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your reply. That's a great idea.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

The breakfast suggestion is spot on. I have had breakfast there a few times, really good.

You could order appetizer and share, I found that the appetizer's are way better than the entree's with the exception of the BBQ sandwich, I have had is a few times, and is very good, DH says their Burger's are ok.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone View Post
The breakfast suggestion is spot on. I have had breakfast there a few times, really good.

You could order appetizer and share, I found that the appetizer's are way better than the entree's with the exception of the BBQ sandwich, I have had is a few times, and is very good, DH says their Burger's are ok.
Years ago, we would go just to order an appetizer platter which would, with a salad, fill us up! Sadly, the composition of the platter has changed so it's not as interesting, but still filling.
I think the main draw of the RFC anyway is the atmosphere. I do think the food is expensive but what we have ordered has been good. We have never tried breakfast...I didn't even know it was open for breakfast!
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
rdsx28
Proud Member of Red Sox Nation!

I don't see a breakfast menu for it on allears? Do they still serve breakfast? I thought that was a great idea too.
rdsx28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

We went in Jan and really enjoyed it. We went at 11:30am for lunch and it wasn't busy at all. We had great service and we all ordered ribs and really enjoyed it In fact we liked it much better than T-Rex (which I am NOT anxious to return to)
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
gracigirl
Earning My Ears

I was wondering what the breakfast options were also
gracigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

We love the nachos. DDIL and I split them and pot roast in March. Yum! We almost always share. DH had the best steak of the trip at RFC. It was in DTD but I can't see it would be any different. I like the chicken fried steak too. Not health food but very good! IDK what you ordered the first time but we always like it!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

Bamba's BBQ chicken wrap is really good. One of us gets on every time. Last time we went I ordered the Lava Nachos (appetizer) for my meal. It was so good! Love nachos though.
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #11
jbugeye22
Earning My Ears

The one at the Animal Kingdom serves breakfast the one at Down Town Disney does not. They serve things such as eggs Benedict and Tonga Toast.
jbugeye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Yup. They serve breakfast 365 days. (his words) I asked on the website last night and the GM called me back personally to tell me they do. He also told me to ask for him next time we are there. Nice touch! I really like this place. Haven't had breakfast in about 4 years but... It is the little things like them calling me instead of just emailing me a reply that makes RFC so good!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
Maleficent Dragon
Member Since 2004; lost previous login details

We tried it twice and will never go back. The food prices were outrageous for the quality of food. We were very disappointed with the service, taste of food and prices and noice in the restaurant.

Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #14
DisReno
Mouseketeer

Our choice for Rainforest is now breakfast. It's the perfect compromise...I love the atmosphere and it's a must do for me. Husband hates the food. We go at breakfast and we are both happy. We love their Eggs Benedict and their regular breakfast. It's a great option for AK.
DisReno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #15
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone View Post
I second this! I had the Pita Chicken Quesadilla last time for my main and it was delicious

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: