Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

A rather odd question regarding 1900 Park Fare, the stepsisters, and Cinderella III

My husband and I will be dining at 1900 Park Fare on our next trip and are really looking forward to it. We just saw Cinderella III and have some questions about it, though. If you haven't seen it and don't want any spoilers, I would stop reading now.

Anyway, in Cinderella III, the Tremaines get hold of Fairy Godmother's wand and use it to turn back time and make the slipper fit Anastasia. All kids of craziness ensues, but at the end, Anastasia ends up saying she can't marry the prince because she wants to be with someone who actually loves her. Lady Tremaine and Drizella end up as frogs and sent to some random part of the world. In the end of Cinderella III, though, it does appear that Cinderella and Anastasia and Cinderella are getting along. Fairy Godmother offers to send them all back to their old lives before everything was relived, but it appears that they just continue on from that moment. Now, clearly for the most part, I'm assuming that Cinderella, Charming, and the Tremaines all ignore this story. What I am wondering, though, is if my husband and I brought it up, would they play along? We love playing along with the characters and certainly don't want to put any of them in an awkward situation where they wouldn't know how to respond and stay in character, but we thought it would be fun to point out that Anastasia isn't nearly as bad as Drizella and that it looks like she does end up with her own prince at the end of the movie. So should we just pretend that there were no sequels and stick to the original, or are the sequels fair game to bring up, as well?

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

I'd stick to the original.

Who knows if these ladies have ever seen the "modern" (sequel-driven) versions of themselves?

They do a fabulous job of acting like their original, horrible selves, though.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

To be honest, I'm sure they will have "seen" it. I don't know if I'd ask about it jsut because they may not know exactly what to say, but when I met Ariel and Eric last September the girl in front of us asked about Melody (their daughter from the direct to dvd sequel) and neither of them missed a beat-She was out with Sebastian and Flounder of course! I do think Disney tries to keep them "to the original" but I don't think they would be unprepared.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
kirsangel
Mouseketeer

If I remember correctly, the 1900 Park Faire dinner was a celebration of Cinderella and the Prince's first wedding anniversary, so probably before the timeline of Cinderella3, although I don't know when that movie picks up the story. Love the stepsisters!
kirsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Not sure about Cinderella III's storyline, but my sister brought up Anastasia's fascination with the Baker from Cinderella II when we met the Tremaines at Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago. Lady Tremaine grew upset while Anastasia cowered and whined "You HAD to bring that up!" So, maybe they'll go along with it. It probably just depends on their 'mood' that day on how well they remember things.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #7
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

Speaking of the baker from II, what happened to him since he wasn't with Anastasia in III? (I missed the beginning of III so maybe it's explained)
Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #8
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
Speaking of the baker from II, what happened to him since he wasn't with Anastasia in III? (I missed the beginning of III so maybe it's explained)
In Cinderella III, the stepmother gets the wand and transports all of them back in time to when the grand dke arrived to have all the girls try on the shoe. Only the stepmother and stepsisters remembered everything else. All the rest had no memories except for the ball and before that. So, when the glass slipper broke and Cinderella presented the other slipper to the duke? That never happened. Cinderella losing her shoe as she leaves the wedding? Nope. And, I suppose in theory, nothing in Cinderella II happened, either. That would explain what happened to the baker.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
arlsdimples
Mouseketeer

When we were there in Feb. we talked to Anastasia about the baker and she played along. She told us her mother gets very upset and forbad them to see one another but they try to anyway.

Honestly I think if you bring it up they will try and play along. I have always found the characters very willing and knowledgable when it comes to the movies about them.

2000 - ASM /2003 - ASM / 2004 - FQ, PC, AKL
2004/5 (X-mas New Years) AKL / 2005 - FQ, Poly, DCL / 2006 - CR, DCL
2007 - CR / 2009 - CR / 2010 FQ, BLT / 2011 - Poly / 2012 - Poly / 2013 - Poly, BC, CS, BC / 2014 - AoA

DH ME DD17DS12 DD3yr old DD8months:
arlsdimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
Maleficent Dragon
šoš A wondrous future lies before you! šoš

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post

Who knows if these ladies have ever seen the "modern" (sequel-driven) versions of themselves?

They do a fabulous job of acting like their original, horrible selves, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post

Agreed!

Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #11
MikeandReneePlus5
DIS Veteran

Cindy 3 is basically an alternate universe. A different time stream if you will.

I would bet they are familiar with it though.

If you do bring it up, would be cool if you remember to revive this thread and share how they handled it.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

I am almost certain they will play along. How much attention they give you will depend on the mood and how crowded the restaurant is but I can't see the harm in bringing it up.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

They'll know the storyline. It's what they do. Have at it.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

In my experience...I've never had all that much time to interact with the characters at 1900PF or any character meal.

Most of the 'conversations' are little more than quick comments on things happening in the moment- like what someone was wearing or eating.

By all means, go for it...but generally the conversations are pretty short lived. Like another poster said, you'll probably just get a sort of canned response like the ones posted by pp.

If your objective is to have a fun interaction, I think you'd likely do better to wear something unsual- like bright colors or a pin that praises Drizella.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Most of the 'conversations' are little more than quick comments on things happening in the moment- like what someone was wearing or eating.

By all means, go for it...but generally the conversations are pretty short lived. Like another poster said, you'll probably just get a sort of canned response like the ones posted by pp.

If your objective is to have a fun interaction, I think you'd likely do better to wear something unsual- like bright colors or a pin that praises Drizella.
This is very true. Every now and then we come across a character meal character who is very interactive, but mostly it's pretty rote.

LOL, my daughter and her friend were dressed as Anastasia and Drizella on our last visit to 1900PF and we still had a hard time getting a lot of interaction at this character meal last December. It is vastly different than it used to be.

Cinderella had come past our table just as we were being seated so I quickly took a couple photos. Part way into the meal I realized I hadn't taken individual photos of the girls with Cinderella and wanted to do so. I called out to Cinderella as she came past our table later in the evening. I was loud enough for her to hear, but she walked right on past. I really feel like they have orders to be as effecient as possible these days.

Oh, and I think it was the kiss of death to be seated in that back room. We've been there two trips in a row. I've paid my dues. Next time (if there is one) I'll offer to wait longer for a table in the main dining room.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: