Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

Help with HS plan, please!

Any experts wanna help? It will be DD16 and I mid October. We want to see as much of HS as possible before 3:30, as we will be going to MNSSHP. We want to do Toy Story Mania, eat at Pizza Planet around 11-12, and meet Phineas & Ferb. We are NOT interested in Tower of Terror or Rockin Rollercoster or any other "fast" ride. Any suggestions? Where do we start? Must dos? Things to skip? Thanks, guys! Im looking forward to your suggestions!
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,198

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
Where do we start?
Toy Story Mania
__________________
.


.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

Lol, Robo. I knew you would say that! Then what?
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

Lol, Robo, I just knew you would say that! Then what?
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

Any other ideas?
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
Any other ideas?
You should be able to fit in Great Movie Ride and Star Tours without much difficulty. (I don't consider ST "fast", though it simulates fast movement.)
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

You should be able to fit in Great Movie Ride and Star Tours without much difficulty. (I don't consider ST "fast", though it simulates fast movement.)
Those are 2 we were interested in doing. Any other "must dos"?
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post

Those are 2 we were interested in doing. Any other "must dos"?
Depends on your preferences. Maybe Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular?
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
BeccaDoingDisney
Earning My Ears
 
BeccaDoingDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt
Any experts wanna help? It will be DD16 and I mid October. We want to see as much of HS as possible before 3:30, as we will be going to MNSSHP. We want to do Toy Story Mania, eat at Pizza Planet around 11-12, and meet Phineas & Ferb. We are NOT interested in Tower of Terror or Rockin Rollercoster or any other "fast" ride. Any suggestions? Where do we start? Must dos? Things to skip? Thanks, guys! Im looking forward to your suggestions!
Hello! A must-do for me whenever I go is to see the Little Mermaid show in the Animation Courtyard. After the show is over I head out to a character spot where you can learn how to draw a surprise character! The park splits into two sides when you enter, the right side is fully dedicated to the fast rides aswell as the Beauty and the Beast show and Fantasia. There are some shops leading up to the rides. Nothing special though, just the same Disney merchandise through the rest of the parks. If you head over to the left side of the park, you will reach Star Tours and the Muppet show. Another must-do for me is the great movie ride! It's a slow paced ride that goes through all the classic movies! That is straight ahead behind the hat. Things to skip? Hm.. Indiana Jones, the American Idol experience, I feel like the only shows that are actually worth seeing are the Muppet show, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasia. Anything else is honestly just a snore. Anywho, hope this helped!
BeccaDoingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
BeccaDoingDisney
Earning My Ears
 
BeccaDoingDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaDoingDisney

Hello! A must-do for me whenever I go is to see the Little Mermaid show in the Animation Courtyard. After the show is over I head out to a character spot where you can learn how to draw a surprise character! The park splits into two sides when you enter, the right side is fully dedicated to the fast rides aswell as the Beauty and the Beast show and Fantasia. There are some shops leading up to the rides. Nothing special though, just the same Disney merchandise through the rest of the parks. If you head over to the left side of the park, you will reach Star Tours and the Muppet show. Another must-do for me is the great movie ride! It's a slow paced ride that goes through all the classic movies! That is straight ahead behind the hat. Things to skip? Hm.. Indiana Jones, the American Idol experience, I feel like the only shows that are actually worth seeing are the Muppet show, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasia. Anything else is honestly just a snore. Anywho, hope this helped!
Oh! The Little Mermaid show aswell, obviously!
BeccaDoingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

Sounds good do far? Anyone else? What order do I try these?
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

So here is what I came up with. How's this for a general order:

Toy story mania FP or standby
Legend of Cap'n Jack Sparrow
One mans dream
Little mermaid
Great movie ride
Studio backlot tour
Lights motors action
Muppets 3D
Star tours
Indiana Jones
Beauty & the Beast
Parade @ 3pm

We aren't particularly attached to anything, so feel free to say what we should skip or add. I'm not sure I understand the times of some of these attractions. Are they set times or do they run one show after the next?
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

Anyone?
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #14
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
So here is what I came up with. How's this for a general order:

1. Toy story mania FP or standby
2. Legend of Cap'n Jack Sparrow
11. One mans dream
8. Little mermaid
4. Great movie ride
5. Studio backlot tour
10. Lights motors action
7. Muppets 3D
3. Star tours
6. Indiana Jones
9. Beauty & the Beast
12. Parade @ 3pm

We aren't particularly attached to anything, so feel free to say what we should skip or add. I'm not sure I understand the times of some of these attractions. Are they set times or do they run one show after the next?
My suggestion above, numbered in priority order. Note that the parade is scheduled to end in a few weeks, with no known replacement currently announced.

Show times for the current week can be found at www.wdwent.com. LMA, IJSS, and BatB have a small handful of shows at set times daily, the rest run continuously.

Legend of CJS has been met with largely tepid reactions, YMMV. But if you do it, do it early due to its slow-moving line.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 03-19-2013 at 09:12 PM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #15
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,044

So I checked out the show times and if I take out Cap'n jack, One mans dream, and the parade, I can basically follow your plan. We can do BatB @ 3, then head over to MNSSHP. Thanks for your help!
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.