Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Gifts for CL CMs

Please help! I just read the (multipage) thread 'club/concierge' and saw that CL CMs are not allowed to accept cash. I would like to do something and have seen people say edible gifts are nice or something that represents your state. Living in PA, I was thinking about small bottles of maple syrup.

My question is
1)Have you done the gift thing?
2) How did you present it?
3) Did you wait till the day of departure?

Tia

Heather

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Please help! I just read the (multipage) thread 'club/concierge' and saw that CL CMs are not allowed to accept cash. I would like to do something and have seen people say edible gifts are nice or something that represents your state. Living in PA, I was thinking about small bottles of maple syrup.

My question is
1)Have you done the gift thing?
2) How did you present it?
3) Did you wait till the day of departure?

Tia

Heather
Hi, Heather!

Club Level gifts are optional and not required. You could bring a treat that represents your state. I've brought gifts with me and I've purchased them while at WDW. Ghiradelli at DTD has many great gift options. I would offer the CL gift shortly after arrival or during your stay to either the CL manager or one of the concierges who was particularly helpful. You can have a note attached with 'TO' and 'FROM'. But again, it's not a requirement to bring gifts. Also, keep in mind that the IPO CMs are not the same CMs as the concierges on staff at your resort's CL.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick reply! I do know a gift is not mandatory, but I'm the girl who gives the garbage man a Christmas gift. I just love to see people's faces when they realize you recognize and appreciate what they do for you.

That being said, I was thinking I had been dealing directly w AKL this whole time of planning, and those people need more than a gift--they need a vacation from me

I love the thought of something local, but I live in Northeast PA....we have coal, gas, and bluestone. Not sure how well the minerals would pass security

Thanks as always
Heather

Ps your reply w regards to toiletries was great! I'm only shipping one box (medium sized but still)

Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
jackemail
DIS Veteran

I pack a small basket and tissue paper, arrange the goodies (usually individual local chocolates, hand lotions and hand sanitizers, etc. from Bath and Body, etc.) in the basket, and give it to a CM the first day or two, along with a note.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Great suggestion. And oddly prophetic--- I just texted my husband 'what about a basket of small lotions n hand sanitizers from b&b'. His reply 'add some leopolds chocolate and now your talking '

Thanks!
Heather

Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

Last year when we stayed at the Poly, I took the CL CM a basket of Kukui body care products. I work for an organic body care company and we make them and since it was the Poly, I found it fitting since they have the only Kukui tree in Florida growing there.

I am at a loss of what to do for the staff at the WL when we stay next month.

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
mouseketeermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
WV Southern Belle
Earning My Ears

Hi, I also give a gift to the garbage man and UPS and FedEx...you see where this is going...lol. Just wondering if you try and do a little something for each CM or maybe a big basket for them to share? It would be easy to ship some stuff to your resort then pick up a few things We stayed GF CL last year and I didn't even try but would like to this trip. I did leave a small lotion, hand sanitizer or candle from b&b for mouse keeping each day with our regular tip. It was Christmas season... my husband thinks I'm nuts...lol.
I don't think the gift representing your state would work for me either as all we have here in WV is coal.

Me, DH, DS8, DS6
WV Southern Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

While they cannon accept cash, they can accept Visa/MC/Amex/Disney Gift cards if you wanted something 'similar' to cash.

I learned this when I was planning my wedding. I sent my planner and assistants Visa Gift Cards and they sent me a lovely thank you.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbutterfly
While they cannon accept cash, they can accept Visa/MC/Amex/Disney Gift cards if you wanted something 'similar' to cash.

I learned this when I was planning my wedding. I sent my planner and assistants Visa Gift Cards and they sent me a lovely thank you.
This is a great idea. And I think it's great for anyone to put these in with a little card and seal that up and send it along.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
h&D3
Mouseketeer

so how do I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Also, keep in mind that the IPO CMs are not the same CMs as the concierges on staff at your resort's CL.
get a gift to the IPO office. I don't plan on sending it, rather I wanted to drop something off when we are there.

I thought the CL CM's were a part of the IPO.

~D
Old 03-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
veraletta
DIS Veteran

I bought a 5 lbs box of mixed Brownie from David's cookie. I handed the box to CM's at the concierges staff once they showed us where everything was at CL.
veraletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #12
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

I tend to buy a couple of the big bags of mixed squares from Ghiradelli DTD, 1 for the IPO and 1 for the CL CMs - they're always warmly received and don't last long lol

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
ClareH37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #13
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I love the thought of something local, but I live in Northeast PA....we have coal, gas, and bluestone. Not sure how well the minerals would pass security

Thanks as always
Heather
PA? May I suggest Hershey's candy? Something I know would put a big ole smile on my face.

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16
Jun 2013 BW CL - 2nd DD Sweet 16
NEXT TRIP DEC 2014 WL CL - CHRISTMAS
momof4minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

Being from PA you could do TastyKakes Krimpets. I grew up on those. Now that Hostess is out of business they just started selling TastyKakes in the stores where I now live. I was in heaven when I saw them on the shelves.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
mmmears
DIS Veteran

A nicely worded letter to Disney praising the CM is also something you can do. I have heard that it goes into their file and does make a difference.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: