Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Tink-n-Belle
DIS Veteran

Well I do not like it. Got a fast pass for Toy Story Mania and wanted to see the Lights Motion Action and just made it to Toy Story by 2 minutes!!! That is ridiculous because all I could think of was "" will we make it in time" . And then later I really wanted to see B&B but my FP for TOT was only til 3 so I got there right after we did Toy Story Mania and the FP line was 20 minutes so I missed B&B by 10 minutes.

I love FP, but the window really cut into my touring plan big time.

A 2 hour window would be so much better or a choice of times when we want to come back. One machine could give you 5-6, another 3-4 etc. At least you can plan better.

Or they should structure them differently for each park. Like the MK -since there are more FP rides there the system is fine, but for DHS is stinks because there are tons of shows so they should allow a longer time period. IMHO I don't know what difference it really makes that you need to return during your FP time. I thought the FP lines were horrible and I never experience that when they didn't enforce the times. Tot had a 20 minute wait for a FP when most times its only 20 minutes anyways??? And the same with TT. Thank goodness for the single rider line.

I don't know if I'll like the other system with the RFID as you are only allowed 3 and not for the headliners or the same ride.

BWV 12,11,10,09,08,07, 06(2) *BLT 13,12,11,10 *BCV 13,12,06 *AKV 08*VB 06,08 & 09*Cont 02 *Poly 86 *Grand Floridian 88 *All Stars 94 & 04 *Club villas 84,85,87,90,92 & 99 *offsite 83,81,80,76 &73
Old 03-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
disneyboy123
Mouseketeer

I'm a bit confused about fastpass times. Is the time on the ticket the time to actually get on the ride or the time to get in the actual fastpass line?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #18
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyboy123 View Post
I'm a bit confused about fastpass times. Is the time on the ticket the time to actually get on the ride or the time to get in the actual fastpass line?
Get in line.

It was enforced when we were there in Oct and no problem at all. Just don't pull a fastpass that conflicts with an ADR or show time.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There's a one-hour window on the ticket. As long as you get in line at any point during that window, you're fine. (There'll be a CM there to check that you're within your window when you first get in line.)
Old 03-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #20
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
And at Disneyland Paris the FP window is only 30 minutes and there is no grace period. And that has been their rule from when it first opened.
I'm currently living overseas and just got back from our most recent trip to Disneyland Paris. The 30 minute window there was not impossible to adapt to, but definitely difficult. We ended up crossing the park several times in a row to use our FPs... pulled FP for Thunder Mountain, rode other rides ending up at Space Mountain to pull FPs, hoof it back to Thunder Mountain to use the FPs, then over to pull a FP for Indiana Jones. Then rush back to Space Mountain to use FP and then back to the other side of the park AGAIN to use Indy FPs.

Quote:
You need to show up at the FP entrance within the time window printed on the FP. You will ride sometime after that, usually pretty quickly, but the actual wait time can still vary.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #21
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

We had no problems with the fast pass return times or lines on our visit last week. We pulled passes And made sure we knew the return times. It was no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
Old 03-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #22
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

When the new fastpass+ comes out, you will be able to choose your time, it will be easier. I have more of an issue with the return time being too early to fit in with my plans. For example, I want a fastpass for after lunch and the current fastpass return is 12:00-1:00 and my lunch ADR is 12:00. Before, it wouldn't be an issue, I'd just go after. But now you have to either not get the fastpass or wait until later when you can get a later time.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
RnbwSktles
DIS Veteran

I had been to WDW many times and I didn't even know you were allowed to show up after your FP time. I didn't learn that until I became a DISer! Haha

I always just planned around the return time posted. It was never a big deal, but I can see how convenient it would be to return whenever you wanted.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #24
Ametista
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I took it to mean she was in a line for some other ride, not the one she had the FP for.
Yes, for instance in line for splash mountain when the fast pass was for space mountain. So wasted an hour in line for splash and ended up leaving to go to Space fo FP. Just frustrating, that's all.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #25
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Only way I know of being able to use a FP outside the return time printed on the ticket now is if the ride is temporarily closed during your window. In my experience when this has happened since the enforcement, cms have said it will be fine to return later in the day.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #26
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Here's hoping the new FP+ Magic Bands Experience will alleviate some of the Window Missing Blues.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #27
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

Problem I can see is the machine being empty and the majority of people not using them. This is not a Disney problem but rather a touring issue.

But I can say I am guilty as the next guy at hoarding them and using them at once.

I will still take them and try and use them.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #28
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

This is old news (1 years old), but yes it is being enforced.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #29
disfan07
DIS Veteran

We never used our fast passes late. Even before the rules changed. To us, this is a minor change in the grand scheme of things that people just like to low up and make it into this terrible big deal.

OP....it's really not that big of a deal. We've been touring this way forever and we were just there between Christmas and new years last year and we were able to do everything we wanted in 5 days. And this included taking a break everyday and having a TS everyday.

It's such a minor thing....people just like to make a big deal out of small things. But I've learned very quickly not to let the little things in life bother you.

But for me, the perfect Disney trip is just being in Disney. We're much more relaxed about our vacations than most people on these boards.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #30
Ametista
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Problem I can see is the machine being empty and the majority of people not using them. This is not a Disney problem but rather a touring issue.

But I can say I am guilty as the next guy at hoarding them and using them at once.

I will still take them and try and use them.
Yes, but they will be tracking this with their system and will be able to adjust the # given out to the number actually used. For instance if they determine that only 60% of FP+ fast passes are used (in general, not on a daily basis) they will bump the number up that the machines give.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: