Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

Late fastpass no longer accepted?

Is it true that they will no longer accept you coming in past your fastpass allocated time? I.E. if the fastpass says 1-3, you used to be able to bring it at 5 and still go on the ride.

I read that they are no longer allowing this (15 minute grace is permitted). Is that true?

So how do people work that? Because I have ended up with meals in the middle of the fastpass time that are across the entire bloomin park and sometimes the wait times (even for those with reservations) can be much longer than expected. We had a wait time of 45 minutes for lunch once at our restrauant (and that was WITH reservation; walkins not allowed!).

Is Disney's stance now "too bad, so sad. Just plan for another vacation and come back because you couldn't get here in the window"?

Are the CM's enforcing this, or is it just written policy?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Yes, they are enforcing it. I can't remember when it started, but I know during our last trip (April 2012) you HAD to be there during the alloted times. We saw people turned away. You will just have to be more diligent on checking return times when you get a FP to make sure it is not going to interfere with a meal or something else you have planned.
April 2012 Polynesion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerBouncy View Post
Is it true that they will no longer accept you coming in past your fastpass allocated time? I.E. if the fastpass says 1-3, you used to be able to bring it at 5 and still go on the ride.

I read that they are no longer allowing this (15 minute grace is permitted). Is that true?

So how do people work that? Because I have ended up with meals in the middle of the fastpass time that are across the entire bloomin park and sometimes the wait times (even for those with reservations) can be much longer than expected. We had a wait time of 45 minutes for lunch once at our restrauant (and that was WITH reservation; walkins not allowed!).

Is Disney's stance now "too bad, so sad. Just plan for another vacation and come back because you couldn't get here in the window"?

Firmly enforced since March 7, 2012. The grace period is extremely rare, so don't count on it being an option.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

It is being enforced, and has been for over a year now.

The best thing to do is not take a fast pass if it is at an ADR time, or anytime close to it. Most of us realize that it almost takes an act of God to be seated right at your given time. Plan on using 90 minutes to 2 hours for your ADR.

There have been a few reports of people being allowed to use them late if they were hung up at a meal. You can always show the CM your tab, and ask very nicely if they won't make an exception for you. But it is not a given, by any means.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Yes, it's being enforced now. I was very perturbed when it first started, but I have to say, it hasn't really interfered with my ability to do everything I want. I do occasionally go cross park to get the FP when the return time is where I want it to be, but I just figure I'm getting extra exercise.
Maybe someday I'll start my own FP runner business....

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Firmly enforced since March 7, 2012. The grace period is extremely rare, so don't count on it being an option.
This!

we saw quite a few people being turned away. One being 5 mins after the window.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
Ametista
DIS Veteran

They do enforce it and its a pain. It kind of takes away from the whole point of a fast pass. I have twice been stuck in line for a ride that said "30 min" or "20 min", only to have the ride break down. Then you stand there an extra 30 minutes, still waiting, and now your fast pass time is almost up. So you have to ditch the line you wasted an hour in or you have to lose your fast pass. They could at least extend the window times to 3 hours so you didn't have to revolve the whole day around them.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
Yes, it's being enforced now. I was very perturbed when it first started, but I have to say, it hasn't really interfered with my ability to do everything I want. I do occasionally go cross park to get the FP when the return time is where I want it to be, but I just figure I'm getting extra exercise.
Maybe someday I'll start my own FP runner business....
I agree! I see that it started about a month before my last trip...and I was sooooo worried about how this would affect us! But it really wasn't a big deal.
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista
They do enforce it and its a pain. It kind of takes away from the whole point of a fast pass. I have twice been stuck in line for a ride that said "30 min" or "20 min", only to have the ride break down. Then you stand there an extra 30 minutes, still waiting, and now your fast pass time is almost up. So you have to ditch the line you wasted an hour in or you have to lose your fast pass. They could at least extend the window times to 3 hours so you didn't have to revolve the whole day around them.
Yeah, next time don't do that. The CM will give you an anytime FP if you already handed in before the breakdown. If you still have your FP and the ride breaks down, your FP will be good for the rest of the day.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
Yeah, next time don't do that. The CM will give you an anytime FP if you already handed in before the breakdown. If you still have your FP and the ride breaks down, your FP will be good for the rest of the day.
I took it to mean she was in a line for some other ride, not the one she had the FP for.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies, all!

I was worried about the effect this would have, but seems like most people have weathered it without any big hiccups. I guess it was in effect when I was there this last October, but never noticed it.

Probably I just need to relax a little.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

I took it to mean she was in a line for some other ride, not the one she had the FP for.
Oh...well, same thing. I'd show my FP to the CM at the ride I'm at. They know there's a problem. They really do try to make good on it. They gave me an anytime FP without me asking when the monorail was delayed 5 minutes last trip. If the CM couldn't help, I'd stop at GS if it was a big deal (like only shot at TT or something).

Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerBouncy View Post

We've always used our fastpasses in their allotted window. It's really not that hard to do.

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post

We've always used our fastpasses in their allotted window. It's really not that hard to do.
And before last March, it was really not that necessary to do. For those of us who knew this, it has been a minor adjustment.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

And at Disneyland Paris the FP window is only 30 minutes and there is no grace period. And that has been their rule from when it first opened.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: