Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
jacesmommy
Mouseketeer

Online check-in

I know this has been discussed before for sure. But does anyone think that if online check-in is used you have a better chance of a room being available for you upon arrival if it's before the 4:00 check-in time? Like, will they assign the ready rooms to those check-ins first? Also, I did a room request (I understand completely that this is a request, and no guarantee). If I have an additional request am I better off NOT doing online check-in and work with the CM when I get there?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacesmommy View Post
I know this has been discussed before for sure. But does anyone think that if online check-in is used you have a better chance of a room being available for you upon arrival if it's before the 4:00 check-in time? Like, will they assign the ready rooms to those check-ins first? Also, I did a room request (I understand completely that this is a request, and no guarantee). If I have an additional request am I better off NOT doing online check-in and work with the CM when I get there?
I have done online check in and still asked for a different room than what given.For example I was at CSR with my parents. At check-in I was told we were in Casistas 3(far from theme pool) . I asked if anything closer to pool and was given 7b instead without any problem.
Also I have had a room ready as early as 10am when I did on line check in so for me it works.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
winterman
DIS Veteran

I have used online check-in at least 3 times when we were arriving early, and each time our room was ready when we arrived.

In July, I expect to arrive between noon and 1:00 and plan to use it again.

1976, 8/1990 offsite (DS and DD's first trip), 11/1995 Disney's Village Resort, 9/1997 CSR (first trip just the two of us), 9/2000 POFQ, 9/2002 offsite, 5/2004 offsite with adult kids, 9/2005 Pop, 9/2006 Pop, 5/2008 offsite, 9/2009 ASMu/POFQ, 4/2010 Pop, 10/2011 Pop (last trip for DH), 12/2012 POR (first solo trip), 7/2013 POR (with DD, DSIL, and DGS!), 11/2013 POFQ (with DS!),11/2014 POFQ (with DS!), 4/2015 ASMo (with DD, DSIL, DGS), 11/2015 POFQ

winterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

From what I have read hear, Online Check In gives you a room that is available, which may or may not meet your requests. Being available is what is most important. So if you have a request that you really really want, you may as just as well wait and do the old fashioned check in. Otherwise to change rooms they will have to void out the package they have ready for you, and make a new one.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #5
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
From what I have read hear, Online Check In gives you a room that is available, which may or may not meet your requests. Being available is what is most important. So if you have a request that you really really want, you may as just as well wait and do the old fashioned check in. Otherwise to change rooms they will have to void out the package they have ready for you, and make a new one.
This.

If your room request will make or break your vacation, you are much better off working with the CM and the available inventory to find the room that best fits your needs. If you do online check in, their top priority is getting you into a room based on the arrival time you specify. If they can meet your requests, they will, but the priority is the availability. That being said, I've specified check in times as early as 10am and had my room available when I arrived, so I do think it helps (unless you are traveling at the most busy times when the resorts may be sold out).

I don't make room requests other than very general things, such as upper floor or near transportation. I have done online check in every time but one since they first offered it, and have not been disappointed in my room views or locations. But if I did have a specific need, I would definitely wait because watching others go through the process of changing rooms, it seems to take longer than if they had just waited to check in at the front desk in the first place.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom
From what I have read hear, Online Check In gives you a room that is available, which may or may not meet your requests. Being available is what is most important.
This definitely used to be the case. Now there is a box you can check during the online check in process that basically says my requests are more important than my room being ready upon arrival.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: