Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #31
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

We watched a tween/teen go swimming with his wave phone at Castaway Cay for the better part of the day right when they first were brought into use. It was in his pocket. His mom was PISSED and screaming. The phone did not work any longer... I don't know for sure, but I'd be shocked if they didn't get charged.....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Yes they were forced.

Twice when I went to get them I had to go on a search to find them in other parts of the ship. I was furious.

On the last night I told my kids when they were being dropped off for the ghost adventures (advertised as being in edge) that they had to stay...and then they took everyone to vibe for ghost adventures so my kids sat alone.!

Why advertise your event somewhere and then move it?
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #33
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
Yes they were forced.

Twice when I went to get them I had to go on a search to find them in other parts of the ship. I was furious.

On the last night I told my kids when they were being dropped off for the ghost adventures (advertised as being in edge) that they had to stay...and then they took everyone to vibe for ghost adventures so my kids sat alone.!

Why advertise your event somewhere and then move it?
I don't understand
Kids at the Edge have the right to come and go as they please, right?
If they did not want to participate in whatever was going on, why did they not just leave or contact you to tell you what was happening so you knew what the situation was? My understanding of 'Edge' is that it is not so much a child care facility as a youth club kind of set up.
With all due respect, I think it is unreasonable for you to expect councillors to sit with your kids because they have refused to take part in whatever activity is planned for that particular portion of the day, whether it is actually in 'Edge' or not. I am finding it hard to understand why you seem so opposed to their taking part in the activities which take place in other parts of the ship.

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #34
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Because as their parent I want to know where they are for the hour they are away from me. Sure the kids can come and go, but my kids and I agreed they wanted me to get them so they didn't get lost.

And just because they're taking a group to go play dodgeball doesn't mean everyone wants to play...and to force a kid to do it is wrong.

It is not unreasonable for them to do the events as scheduled otherwise why have a schedule???
Old 03-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #35
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

I appreciate your concerns, but I still don't understand why your children could not just have contacted you and told you (for example) that the planned 'ghost activity' was now taking place in the Vibe instead. Surely, this would have been preferable to sitting in the 'Edge' on their own. It would also have prevented you from being anxious and upset. I am sorry, but I really don't see why you were furious.
Likewise, if they did not wish to play dodgeball/basketball and it was not on the schedule, why did they not just say 'we don't really want to play today, and we thought we were doing something else. We will just have Mum come and get us'. That way, surely the councillors could not force them to do anything as they could just politely dip out.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:09 AM   #36
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

There was no way to contact us at dinner. Our wave phone was knocked out of sons pocket at said dodgeball game day 1 and lost (eventually found the last morning) so there was no way to contact me...
They did tell the counselors they didn't want to go play and were told they HAD to.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 AM   #37
tinkerbell 766

Well, I agree that no child should be forced to do anything. If my son (13) does not wish to participate in any activity, I will tell him to call our wave phone via the phones in the club or the corridors, let us know he is leaving the Edge, and we will either tell him where we are or arrange to meet him somewhere. As I said earlier in the thread, I trust him to do this, but not to take care of a wave phone. Besides, I want him to have fun and not have to constantly worry about said phone, or the bill we would incur if it were lost.
I agree that it is hard to communicate during dinner, but dinner will be the one thing we insist he does with us. we do not plan on eating at Remy or Palo and are used to sitting and eating together as a family, so this shouldn't be an issue for us.
Thank you for your insight into this.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #38
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Well we had late dinner and one night there was an edge activity happening and I let them attend after they ate. All was fine until they moved the scheduled activity to jive with older kids.

Just know if you have late dinner teen activities conflict a lot more than early dinner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: