Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #16
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznystar View Post
How big are the phones? Thinking I could probably make myself a holder for it.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
doesn't look like it would fit in the card holder. am I wrong?
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
doesn't look like it would fit in the card holder. am I wrong?
It's narrower than the cards and longer.

I got this from the FAQ sticky:
Handset dimensions: 126 x 45 x 20 mm (5" long by slightly over 1.75" wide and 0.75" thick)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2629954

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #19
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Here is a picture of my lanyard with the wave phone in it. You can sort of see how the phone fits into the front pocket. It sticks out over the top but it's a pretty snug fit so it never fell out. (Sorry the pic is so big. I can't figure out how to change it.)

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #20
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post

Here is a picture of my lanyard with the wave phone in it. You can sort of see how the phone fits into the front pocket. It sticks out over the top but it's a pretty snug fit so it never fell out. (Sorry the pic is so big. I can't figure out how to change it.)
thanks for the pick, it all makes more sense to me now. I was trying to picture the other kind of plastic holders. it kind of looks like the ones, maybe, from the Disney store. does it have a wallet flold out thingy? would this be it http://www.disneystore.com/disney-cr...88967/1000285/
did you purchase that on the ship recently? I would be very interested in picking one up as it seems to be just the right thing. hope they still have them.
again, thanks for posting that picture so I could get an idea of how it would work.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #21
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

It was 8.95. I just bought it two weeks ago on the Magic and they had a bunch of them. They had another style too, something red with characters on it. It was like a tri-fold wallet with a place inside where the room key fit perfectly.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #22
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was 8.95. I just bought it two weeks ago on the Magic and they had a bunch of them. They had another style too, something red with characters on it. It was like a tri-fold wallet with a place inside where the room key fit perfectly.
perfect! thanks again. your information has been very helpful.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #23
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

We absolutely LOVE the wave phones. We keep them in our pockets. They allowed me and DH to remain in communication while doing separate things and literally saved the day on my birthday! Without the wave phones, our plans for my birthday would have completely been lost, but because we had them on us, we were able to communicate with each other very quickly when a last minute change in plans and quick decision had to be made. I will forever love the wave phones if for nothing else, helping to make my birthday an amazing day when time was of the absolute essence!

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #24
susieyarb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, this is great info!! Thanks for sharing. We go on the Magic in 24 days!
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #25
calismic
Mouseketeer

So completely random comment but I have always read that the wave phones do not ring only vibrate. However, I just departed the Dream on Sunday and ours definitely rang every single time we received a call from another stateroom. I was startled the first time it happened because I was NOT expecting it to!
calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #26
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Be prepared for the kids in Edge to be forced to leave the club to go play basketball and dodgeball--where our wave phone was lost. Had my kids been allowed to stay in the club like they wanted it wouldn't have been knocked out of a pocket and lost.

Luckily it was turned in...but still. My son was so upset
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #27
MickeyWatcher
Mouseketeer

I know that you can find holders for the wave phone on Etsy.
POP-Oct 05; POP-May 08; WH-Oct 08; Portofino-Mar 09; WH-Aug 09; POP-Dec 10; WH-Jul 12; DCL-May 13

Disneyland
AP for 10 yrs. Way too many times to count!

DCL
Magic-May 13

Me DW DS DS DD
MickeyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #28
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
They are not satellite phones. They are more like cell phones but operate in a private network. They work on the ship and on Castaway Cay.

Rent is $3.50 per day but you have to put a deposit which will get refunded. And you need to make sure you get the receipt showing it was refunded. This past Feb, they charged me the deposit and when I went back, they said, "oh it's ok - nothing else to do". Yeah right - I insisted the CM to credit back and show me the updated folio. She was just going just 'take the wavephone back'.
I just returned mine this morning. I was charged $3.50 per day but no deposit.

My 11 year old and my 17 year old had no problem keeping up with them jsut in their pockets.

We also never had a problem hearing them or texting on them. I thought it was one of the best things they offered. After being on a cruise with no way to contact the family, I found this terrific!

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for my Birthday! September 2006 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1209670

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

tictoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
dznystar
DIS Veteran

thanks for all of the pics! I'll have to see if I can make a pouch for it. my sundresses don't typically have pockets.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
Be prepared for the kids in Edge to be forced to leave the club to go play basketball and dodgeball--where our wave phone was lost. Had my kids been allowed to stay in the club like they wanted it wouldn't have been knocked out of a pocket and lost.

Luckily it was turned in...but still. My son was so upset
So many questions! First, nevermind the phone so much, but your son was FORCED to leave the club???? This sounds so wrong to me! My daughter would be furious! Why do they do this? Has this happened to anyone else????

Secondly, how much is the deposit for the extra wave phone? Will they charge it to my room? Or will they want a credit card? Is it a hold or an actual charge they do?

Lastly, I keep reading about all the warnings that if you lose or break the phone they'll charge you $250 in such an ominous tone. Similar to the "get a passport or horrible things will happen to you" posts. Now, while I realize some people MUST have experienced a lost or broken phone and a charge for it (as well as an emergency issue in a foreign country with no passport), I am interested in actual experiences.

So, have you ever been charged for a lost or broken phone? What were the circumstances? I can see losing it or water damage, but surely, these phones are bound to break or malfunction with so many people using them. If I go to my room, pick up my phone after using it for a few days and all of a sudden something is wrong with it, when I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet, etc I would certainly NOT expect to be blamed for it and charged by a company that normally has pretty decent customer service in general.

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: