DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
squirk
Saw what you did and knows who you are.

My Disney Experience linking to DVC

So I log onto mydisneyexperience.com to see what all the fuss is about, and it looked pretty nice. Somewhere in the system, it recognized me as both an AP holder and a DVC member. It even had my AP listed properly with the right expiration date (which is a huge PITA on the regular WDW site).

However, at one point, it asks me to link my DVC account by typing in my membership number and a one-time use password from the DVC site. I remember getting such a password from DVC when I first joined long ago, but I see no way to generate a new one now to link my accounts. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks much,

Squirk
Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

Personally, I would be wary about giving out your password. I know they asked for the Disney password, but not the dvc one. I linked everything without using my dvc membership password.
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
JaimeA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirk View Post
So I log onto mydisneyexperience.com to see what all the fuss is about, and it looked pretty nice. Somewhere in the system, it recognized me as both an AP holder and a DVC member. It even had my AP listed properly with the right expiration date (which is a huge PITA on the regular WDW site).

However, at one point, it asks me to link my DVC account by typing in my membership number and a one-time use password from the DVC site. I remember getting such a password from DVC when I first joined long ago, but I see no way to generate a new one now to link my accounts. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks much,

Squirk
I got the same screen, I called MS and they gave me the one time use password. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

JaimeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
squirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annielkd22222 View Post
Personally, I would be wary about giving out your password. I know they asked for the Disney password, but not the dvc one. I linked everything without using my dvc membership password.
Why be wary? These are both verified Disney sites.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
squirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeA View Post
I got the same screen, I called MS and they gave me the one time use password. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
wrighter
DIS Veteran

I don't mean to hijack - but this thread got me to wondering if I could sign in to mydisneyexperience.com. The short answer, of course, is NO!!! Sigh.

It recognizes me and allows to get to my registration page. At the top of this page is a disclaimer that says: "The sign in process for Disney accounts has changed. In order to access your account, please provide the requested information." However, all of the requested information shown has my current and correct info listed there. I checked and rechecked to make sure it was all accurate - I even went so far to go back and re-enter all of it. But of course it won't let me progess from this page. At the bottom of the page are two buttons: CANCEL and DONE. It will allow me to select CANCEL, but not DONE. So I'm stuck. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I'd be grateful! I stand very little chance of linking my DVC account with mydisneyexperience.com if it won't even let me into the site. Grrrrrrr.

I'm beginning to understand why people are not happy with this "new and improved" way of utilizing all Disney has to offer.
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
squirk

Well, I had my own host of problems. So I called MS for help, and I found out that the "Club ID" the site asked for is neither my DVC login, nor my membership number. It was something on my original DVC paperwork, which I haven't looked at in years.

Why on God's green earth are they asking you for a number that you probably saw once and probably never referred to ever again? Why not link using the membership number, as most would expect?

And to top it off, the OTP the CM gave me didn't work, so I accomplished nothing. She had to "escalate" the issue and told me it would be 3-5 day before I heard back from someone.

I expressed in clear terms that I didn't blame the CS for the issues, but I made it equally clear that it is patently ridiculous that a company like Disney, after having laid out a billion dollars behind this "NextGen" technology, cannot even build a fricking web site that works using common-sense login info.

And seriously - 3-5 days to fix an account linking issue?
Old 03-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
wrighter
DIS Veteran

At least you were able to get far enough to be asked for your "Club ID." I can't even get that far! It tells me to keep using my password and that I can reset it later in the process if I chose to - but it's never asked me for any of that old info or a OTP because it won't even let me sign in.

I read on another thread that some people were having browser issues, but I am using Explorer 9, which should be fine. I don't have the energy to call and deal with Disney - and even if they were open on a Saturday I wouldn't know who to call.

Booooooo.
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
watkinsme
I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)

I was able to log in and it shows my upcoming dvc reservation at BLT.
watkinsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #10
butsy113
AKV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annielkd22222
Not sure why you can't use your dvc info. I was told to use my dvc log in info, and have never had a problem. All 3 of my resort reservations and dining reservations are there.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

I've decided to simply not use mydisneyexperience...seems like it's more for "their" benefit than for mine...I keep a list of my reservations (including res numbers) myself and save myself the "ulcer" that trying to use Disney's computer technology inevitably causes!
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #12
Peepster

Earning My Ears

We are AP holders and DVC'ers and we happen to have multiple trips coming up so I made a concentrated effort to sign up and (hopefully) understand MDE. It took three different member services CM's and several calls to tech support to get everything linked, some manually, but we finally got it done.
I'm not certain how I feel about this venture by Disney but I have the feeling we all better make an effort to understand it or we may get left behind in the dust. On the other hand, if the program is untenable we should be informed enough to protest. I'll bet you've invested a lot of money on past and future Disney vacations, too,right?
Right now I see both good and scary.

Auntie Peep
Peepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
I've decided to simply not use mydisneyexperience...seems like it's more for "their" benefit than for mine...I keep a list of my reservations (including res numbers) myself and save myself the "ulcer" that trying to use Disney's computer technology inevitably causes!
Then I guess you don't want to take advantage of FastPass+ once that system is available as you would schedule those using MyDisneyExperience prior to your arrival.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #14
squirk

I'm still waiting for that call. :/

It's not like we're trying to do something unorthodox. Cripes, the whole reason I originally tried to link my DVC account is because the MDE site prompted me to.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #15
squirk

Argh. So I called MS today on an unrelated matter, and thought I'd ask this new person to see if she can help me out.

We went through the same exact steps, with pretty much the same results. She assured me that the DVC and MDE accounts were in fact linked, but there was absolutely no way I could tell that by looking at the site. It looked like we accomplished nothing.

The CM mentioned that MDE would never show my DVC membership info, and I said that was fine. I just want MDE to show my DVC reservations and, as appropriate, any FP+ allocations related to said DVC reservation.

She said the reservations would show up once I make them. I guess I'll have to take her word for it, since my booking window doesn't open for another month.

But MDE still isn't showing DVC as an affiliation. Again, if it wasn't for the MS telling me things were all set, I'd still think I was still stuck at Square One.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: