Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #46
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

Hi! I finally had time to sit down and come check out your PTR on this rainy st louis day!

first, I just want to say that you guys are one cute little family and charlotte is just adorable (and I love her name--it reminds me of princess and the frog--one of our faves!)!

charlotte's outfits are too cute! i'm so going to check out that you can make this website. I love to sew for our girls too but i'm way not as good as you are! I think this year i'm going to order some iron ons for shirts (I found a person that makes some awesome ones on etsy) then just make some pants or skirts to go with. I know what you mean about getting carried away. my problem is I always see such cute fabric, that I just have to get it and make SOMETHING. I also saw an iron on for DH that says "princess protection agency". I told him he has to wear it on a day the girls are princess-y cuz how cute would that picture be?!? he said ok, but gave me a look....you know, that 'you're crazy' look.

so I think I remember right that you guys are going to Hollywood and vine? you'll love it! our girls were so excited they could barely sit still. they have someone that comes out with characters and sings songs from mickey mouse club house. our older DD was out of her seat to dance like a shot! and when jake, from jake and the pirates, came by our table, it was like a rock star was there. he made a big fuss over the girls having on jake and the pirates shirts and we took about 20 pictures of the three of them interacting. it was a blast! i'm sort of sad that we're not going this year, but we have other plans for meals at DHS this year.

I also think your movie nights look awesome! you do such fun stuff!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #47
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
Hi! I finally had time to sit down and come check out your PTR on this rainy st louis day!

first, I just want to say that you guys are one cute little family and charlotte is just adorable (and I love her name--it reminds me of princess and the frog--one of our faves!)!

charlotte's outfits are too cute! i'm so going to check out that you can make this website. I love to sew for our girls too but i'm way not as good as you are! I think this year i'm going to order some iron ons for shirts (I found a person that makes some awesome ones on etsy) then just make some pants or skirts to go with. I know what you mean about getting carried away. my problem is I always see such cute fabric, that I just have to get it and make SOMETHING. I also saw an iron on for DH that says "princess protection agency". I told him he has to wear it on a day the girls are princess-y cuz how cute would that picture be?!? he said ok, but gave me a look....you know, that 'you're crazy' look.

so I think I remember right that you guys are going to Hollywood and vine? you'll love it! our girls were so excited they could barely sit still. they have someone that comes out with characters and sings songs from mickey mouse club house. our older DD was out of her seat to dance like a shot! and when jake, from jake and the pirates, came by our table, it was like a rock star was there. he made a big fuss over the girls having on jake and the pirates shirts and we took about 20 pictures of the three of them interacting. it was a blast! i'm sort of sad that we're not going this year, but we have other plans for meals at DHS this year.

I also think your movie nights look awesome! you do such fun stuff!
Awe you are too kind, thanks for the compliments!
I LOVE sewing for my DD! I have been sewing most of my life and was a sewing teacher pre-DD, so I have lots of practice. You should totally check out you can make this, most of the little girl dresses are pretty easy, but turn out so cute. I like it when they come together fast!

Oh I get that "you're crazy" look all the time! DH is pretty good about going along with my ideas, however, he always likes to remind me "this won't be our last trip to Disney, you don't have to do everything this time!" He says that when I am making outfits, making ADR's or hotel reservations. But I think secretly he loves my craziness! This time I only made one whole family matching shirt (coming up in my next update )Which he said was the perfect amount of matching for him!

We are doing Hollywood and Vine, I don't think we could skip that, we have a big Disney Jr fan! She loves all the shows so I think she will have a blast. Her favorite part of all the shows is dancing to the theme song, so I think she will have a good time.

Thanks so much for reading! I am happy to have a STL disbuddy!

Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Currently no ticker maybe next year!
Jackiemarie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #48
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
Awe you are too kind, thanks for the compliments!
I LOVE sewing for my DD! I have been sewing most of my life and was a sewing teacher pre-DD, so I have lots of practice. You should totally check out you can make this, most of the little girl dresses are pretty easy, but turn out so cute. I like it when they come together fast!

Oh I get that "you're crazy" look all the time! DH is pretty good about going along with my ideas, however, he always likes to remind me "this won't be our last trip to Disney, you don't have to do everything this time!" He says that when I am making outfits, making ADR's or hotel reservations. But I think secretly he loves my craziness! This time I only made one whole family matching shirt (coming up in my next update )Which he said was the perfect amount of matching for him!

We are doing Hollywood and Vine, I don't think we could skip that, we have a big Disney Jr fan! She loves all the shows so I think she will have a blast. Her favorite part of all the shows is dancing to the theme song, so I think she will have a good time.

Thanks so much for reading! I am happy to have a STL disbuddy!
so I just had to stop by and tell you I went to you can make this. AWESOME!! I ended up buying 4 patterns for only $24--3 for the girls and one for me. I can see lots of outfits being made for Disney and for all our friends that have little girls too!! can't wait to make a trip to the fabric store now...

yea....my DH doesn't go for the matchy matchy thing either, so I try to just pack him something the same color or a mickey tshirt, which he'll wear without complaining. he's much more willing to do it now when I say how cute it will be with the girls. he can't resist anything they want to do....shameless use of my kids to get my way, I know!

charlotte will have a blast at H&V if she loves to dance. our oldest couldn't stay in her seat. this year we are hoping for nighttime emhs since we're not going to H&V. on the nights they are open late they have a Disney jr dance party that seems fun and I know our girls will love if they can stay up/there are emhs when we're there.

anyway, I'm so glad you mentioned that website! i'll post some pics when I make something!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #49
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so I just had to stop by and tell you I went to you can make this. AWESOME!! I ended up buying 4 patterns for only $24--3 for the girls and one for me. I can see lots of outfits being made for Disney and for all our friends that have little girls too!! can't wait to make a trip to the fabric store now...

yea....my DH doesn't go for the matchy matchy thing either, so I try to just pack him something the same color or a mickey tshirt, which he'll wear without complaining. he's much more willing to do it now when I say how cute it will be with the girls. he can't resist anything they want to do....shameless use of my kids to get my way, I know!

charlotte will have a blast at H&V if she loves to dance. our oldest couldn't stay in her seat. this year we are hoping for nighttime emhs since we're not going to H&V. on the nights they are open late they have a Disney jr dance party that seems fun and I know our girls will love if they can stay up/there are emhs when we're there.

anyway, I'm so glad you mentioned that website! i'll post some pics when I make something!

Glad you found some good stuff! I can't wait to see what you make!

Old 06-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #50
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

A little of this... A little of that...

Alright I have a two things I want to discuss today!

The first is we are 30 days away from our trip!
I am so excited I can not think of anything but Disney, but that is most of the time so nothing new here with that. Anyway, DH is as excited as I am he came home today and said only 30 more days and I will be eating dinner at 'Ohana! We also discussed how we are going to spend Disneyeve, since he will be off work he suggested a movie marathon day! This is a pretty big deal at our house. DH has always loved traveling to the parks, but he hated the movies. He would never watch an animated film. Then when DD started enjoying the movies he started to watch them too. He said he finds watching the Disney movies together as a family very relaxing and really enjoys them! Success! DH is now almost as crazy about Disney as me! Almost!

The other: Tangled Movie Night!

Tonight we had a Tangled movie night and it was so fun! Tangled has become one of my favorite Disney movies, it is defiantly in my top 10! So I was really excited about the movie night. We had Rapunzel's hair pasta, Pascal's salad, braided bread, Sunggly Ducking brew and Maximus' pie filled apples. I served the food in frying pans, naturally. For decorations I made a Rapunzel tower out of paper and a paper towel roll, paper lanterns and Flynn Rider wanted posters with different types of noses. DD colored a paper Pascal as an activity. I got all of my decoration ideas from the Family Fun website. On a side note I had no idea that was out there, but its great! Lots of fun ideas for parties and movie nights.

Here are some pics:

The table with food and decorations

Close up of the tower

\
Apple pie in an apple

DD ready to eat!

We all loved this movie, DD thought the songs were perfect for dancing. We had a great time and I have a feeling we will be watching this one again in the near future

Next up is Finding Nemo!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #51
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

Charlotte is adorable, you're going to get some precious character shots with her!
Windsor Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE your PTR! Your girl is so stinkin' adorable! And those outfits, oh my, I would kill to be able to do that. I am in love with them! I cannot say it enough!!!!!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #53
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, and your movie nights are beyond perfect! I love the braided bread for Tangled! You are very creative!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #54
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

30 days?!?!!!! that is super exciting!!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #55
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
Joining in!

Charlotte is adorable, you're going to get some precious character shots with her!
Thank you! I am hoping we get some good shots with her. I have a good feeling about it, especially with the princesses. She loves her princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
Oh my goodness!! I LOVE your PTR! Your girl is so stinkin' adorable! And those outfits, oh my, I would kill to be able to do that. I am in love with them! I cannot say it enough!!!!!
Awe thank you I really love sewing for my DD. You should try sewing just takes lots of practice. It can be very relaxing, or at least it is so me.

Quote:
30 days?!?!!!! that is super exciting!!
Oh I am so excited! We started planning last July so it feels like this has been a loooong time coming! We are in the home stretch now!

Old 07-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #56
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

More Movie Nights!

Happy 4th of July Disers! I hope you had a happy, fun, safe Independence Day!

I have been so busy the last few days, I swear its been so crazy around here! We have had lots of playdates, movie nights and of course lots of 4th of July fun!
Before I go into our movie night fun, I just want to stop and let something sink in...

3 weeks until we leave for Disney

I am so excited! I can not believe we are getting so close to our trip! Three weeks from tonight I will be immersed in the sights and sounds of the POLY! Is this real, because I sure hope it is! This afternoon we went to a BBQ and a family friend had their Disney Photo album from a recent trip, seeing their pics made me so excited I just can not wait! I just had to say that because people in the "real" world can never fully understand what I am feeling right now!

Okay back to movie nights, First up was Finding Nemo. I did not do a lot of fancy decorations, I just used a decorative fishing net I had, and some sea creature bath toys. I did not have much time to really make anything so this would be simple and free! Just a side note, I try to keep my movie night decorations as close to free as possible, the most I have ever spent is $10. I enjoy trying to be as cheap as possible while still having lots of fun! Okay so for finding Nemo we had Cheesy Shells for dinner, seaweed (asparagus), ocean water, and Nemo cupcakes. I shaped star-burst candies into the Nemo cupcake toppers which was a challenge and fun. DH and I enjoyed the movie but DD did not. She was really enjoying it until Nemo's mom died. She was so upset, she started playing in a corner where she could not see the TV and did not watch any more of the movie. Oh well you can't love them all right? Here are some pics:

After Nemo we did Pocahontas. I have to tell you I went through a "black" period in my life. By black I mean I was too cool for Disney movies. (I know, I know, what a terrible person right?) This lasted for about two years, starting right after The Lion King and ended with Hercules. So, I missed Pocahontas and The Hunchback of Notre Dame when they came out. (It was 6th and 7th grade and I was trying too hard to fit in, what can I say?) I was never interested in seeing Pocahontas after my phase had passed, it just did not appeal to me. I loved the music though and I know most of the songs word for word. Then one day Pocahontas came on Disney Jr. and DD was mesmerized. She loved it, however it was bedtime. She I recorded the movie and promised her we would watch it later. So, being the mom I am I made good on my promise and had a Pocahontas movie night. For our dinner we had a Thanksgiving feast, Turkey, green bean casserole, corn, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. For decorations, I made a dream catcher (directions found on family fun.com) out of yarn, cardboard, paper and beads. I also printed out a 3-D Pocahontas that I glued together, and used my Thanksgiving table cloth and centerpiece. After watching the movie, I have to say all these years I have been missing out! It is really good! Although, I did not love the ending. DD also loved it, DH not so much, but he was a good sport. I find it so strange that DD naturally is only interested in the Princess movies. I have tried to show her a wide variety, but she really only likes the Princess ones right now.
Here are some pics from Pocahontas:

The turkey was not burnt, we grilled it and it always comes looking burnt, but the inside is juicy and delicious!

Our most recent movie night was Hercules, the movie that pulled me out of my "black" period. I know that it may have not been a huge commercial success like many of the other films, but it has always been one of my favorites. I think it is so funny and the music is great! I was really excited to show this one to DH because I knew he would love it, and he did! DD did not show a lot of interest in this one either, but I think once she is a little older we will show it to her again and I think she will like it! I did no decorations, and for dinner we had Greek take-out. I made some home made pita and hummus for an appetizer and punch to drink.
Here is a pic:

We are really enjoying our movie nights, our next one will be next Saturday, Alice in Wonderland, one DD has enjoyed in the past. I will be back soon with another trip planning update!

Old 07-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #57
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

I love your movie nights! they are so creative and you have such great ideas. I love Hercules too. I never watched it until a few years ago, but it's one of my faves now. our girls just watched it about a month ago and they love it too--yea! our youngest loves Pocahontas too. not my favorite, but she's mesmerized when it's on.
I can't wait to see pictures of the poly! you are so close!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #58
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Great movie nights, as usual! I've been trying to show movies that I know will be featured on rides and what-not as well! It's hard there are a lot!!

I can not believe you are so close! Can I just say...

EEeEeEeEeeeEeeEEEEEeeeeEeEeeEe!!!!

Okay. I'm better. But seriously, ahhh, it's just an overwhelming feeling to have worked soooo much at something and it is about to come to be realized! I just can not even imagine the heartbreak of realizing its over when we leave! I am already starting to feel a little sad that all my planning fun is coming to an end, and were still over a month out! Oy...
Old 07-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #59
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love your movie nights! they are so creative and you have such great ideas. I love Hercules too. I never watched it until a few years ago, but it's one of my faves now. our girls just watched it about a month ago and they love it too--yea! our youngest loves Pocahontas too. not my favorite, but she's mesmerized when it's on.
I can't wait to see pictures of the poly! you are so close!!!
I can't believe it! I can't wait to be at the poly to take pictures! Pinch me I think I am dreaming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
Great movie nights, as usual! I've been trying to show movies that I know will be featured on rides and what-not as well! It's hard there are a lot!!

I can not believe you are so close! Can I just say...

EEeEeEeEeeeEeeEEEEEeeeeEeEeeEe!!!!

Okay. I'm better. But seriously, ahhh, it's just an overwhelming feeling to have worked soooo much at something and it is about to come to be realized! I just can not even imagine the heartbreak of realizing its over when we leave! I am already starting to feel a little sad that all my planning fun is coming to an end, and were still over a month out! Oy...

I know I am already getting sad about the planning being over, my DH thinks I am crazy. I told him, I am ready to start planning another trip. He said I still have to wait three years, boo! I really need to learn to live in the moment a little more LOL!

Old 07-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #60
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Wow a week away!

So, I know I have been sort of MIA lately, but we have been so busy! The week after the fourth I decided our dining room needed a new look, so I have been painting, crafting and working on giving the dining room a face-lift. My DH also had to go out of town for a bachelor party and I am a big baby when my DH goes out of town I stay at my parents house. So, we have been on the go nearly everyday since my last update! I just have to stop and catch my breath however, because we are ONE WEEK AWAY! This time next week we will be settling into our room at the Poly after a dinner at 'Ohanna! It is so hard to believe that after over a year of planning, we are finally going!

So with that excitement out of the way, I am aware that I have left you all hanging on our last few days of plans so I am just going to gloss over the highlights in case you are interested.

Day 6:
On day 6 we will be heading to HS. I have always loved HS or MGM (which it will always be to me!) I think I have always loved it so much because when I went to WDW the first time, it was the first place we went. My dad got us free tickets because a guy he worked with had a daughter who worked at MGM and she meet us there to give us our tickets, so that was the first park we went into. I was so impressed we went straight to The Little Mermaid show, it made such an impression on me, I can still remember every second of it today. As far as our wardrobe, I Tye-dyed us a set of matching shirts to wear to HS. DH said that he would be willing to wear matching shirts one day and I had a hard time trying to decide what our one matching day would be, but I really like the tye-dye shirts so I went with that. I thought they would be fun for our HS day. Here is what our shirts for day 6 look like:

We will get up and moving as fast as we can, and head to HS. We have 10:00 breakfast ressies at H&V. I am so excited to take DD there. I think she will really enjoy the Disney Jr. characters and she loves breakfast food. After that we will see where the park takes us. I know we will hit up TSM at some point, I would like to get to the park early enough to get fast passes before breakfast, but we will see, my family moves Sloooooow in the morning. I also want to hit up ToT (by myself, DH won't do that one), and the Beauty and the Best show. HS is the park we just kind of wander around do things as we come across them so who know what else we will do there. We will head back to our resort for a break mid-day and then head back to HS for dinner. We are going to give the Brown Derby a try. I have always wanted to check this one out so I am excited about that. We have tried 50's and MM and we were not thrilled with either, I know lots of people love them, but we just thought they were okay, so this day we are going to give the other two TS options at HS a try. We are going to skip Fantasmic this time. We liked the show, but I think the waiting will be boring for DD, and I am not sure she will enjoy the show. So, we will finish up HS and head back to the Poly.

Day 7:
Today is going to be an early day. We have a before park opening breakfast at CRT. I have never done a pre-park opening breakfast at MK before and I am really excited about doing that! I can't wait to get some family photos on an almost empty main street. Since we will be having breakfast with Cindy DD will be wearing this:

After breakfast we are going to head straight to New Fantasy land. I want to get on the LM ride before the line gets too long and possibly to Enchanted Tales with Belle. After that we will just take the day as it comes. I want to ride on Space Mountain for sure. In all the times I have been to WDW I have never actually been on Space Mountain so I am defiantly doing it this time! We will head back for our usual afternoon break and then we have our second 'Ohanna dinner that night. After dinner we will relax and hang out at our resort.

Day 8:
A very sad day, our last day in Disney We will get up check in for our flight and drop our bags off. Then, we are going to head to the Magic Kingdom to say our good-byes We will do anything we still need to do and then we have lunch reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern. Shortly after lunch we will head back to the poly to get ready to catch the ME and head back home. It will be a sad time, but at least I can relive my trip an write a TR!

So that is the plan. I am sure we will deviate from it at some point. As much as I like to plan ahead, this trip will mostly be dictated by DD and her moods. All I can say now is I. Can. Not. Wait! Its almost here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: