Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #31
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

A Little Insight...

I wanted to add a little insight as to why I made the changes I did. This trip we had a few must do ADR's: CRT, GG, Akershus, 'Ohana (breakfast and dinner x2), BoG, H&V, 1900, Chef Mickey's. We knew going into the trip that these were must do's! We loved CRT and 'Ohana our last trip, they were stand outs for sure! Last trip I wanted to try GG but we opted for Coral Reef instead (big mistake in my opinion), so it made the short list for sure! I also wanted to try H&V since we have a huge Disney Jr. fan in the house. As I did more research I just kept adding places to our "must-do" list. I wanted to try and find a way to get to Tusker House, Le Cellier, and Liberty Tree Tavern. We went to Tusker House last time and enjoyed it, we also went to Le Cellier last time and LOVED it! I have always had my eye on LTT, it looks fantastic to me! So, I discussed this with DH. He and I both agree we are not fans of counter service meals. We hate having to wait in long lines in the heat to order and then walk around with your tray of food stalking someone to get up. Both of these tasks seem even more painful with a two year old! We much prefer an ADR with a table in the A/C waiting for us at meal time. We also like scheduling the ADR's ahead of time, it helps us to plan our days out. Our DD is used to going to a lot of different restaurants and does very well. I also think right now it is a better deal for us, since DD is under three we do not have to purchase a meal plan for her. Having the DxDDP will work out great because we will have plenty of food for her to share with us. In a few years when we have to purchase her a plan as well, I don't think it will be much of a cost saver for us, so I think now is the best time to splurge on the DxDDP.
After upgrading the plan, I added on meals at TH, LC, LTT and CP. I also decided that Yak and Yeti was a must do for us. I was happy with our plan for about a week. I then decided to start reading dining reviews. That was when the crazy changing began. Almost everyday I changed an ADR or two, stalking to dining page for new times, and looking at menus. I wanted to be sure to get the "most" out of our upgraded plan. Our new must do list changed, a few times. Then it came to me to look at some of the other two credit meals. I always wanted to try the Hoop Dee Doo and the Hollywood Brown Derby, so I found a way to add those in. In order to get all of these meals in I had to do some reworking. We had to change some of our dinners to lunches and breakfasts in order to get all of these meals scheduled. So, my first move was to make Akershus lunch rather than dinner, then Hoop Dee Doo took its dinner spot, next I made Chef Mickey's breakfast to work in Brown Derby. We only had six days of park tickets so I had to work it so that one day all of our meals were in resorts, so I axed CP and did CRT for breakfast instead leaving day 4 a non park day. That freed up a day of park tickets for our departure day allowing us to have a lunch at LTT before we leave for the airport. Then, I got rid of TH breakfast in favor of Y&Y lunch. This change was based on the fact that while we liked TH breakfast, we really want to try Y&Y so it won out over TH. I think I have now have a plan that I am satisfied with. I have tried looking at my plan to see if I should make any other changes but right now I just don't see that happening. I have a few places I wish I still wish I could fit in, Sci-Fi, Biergarten, Restaurant Marrakesh, and Chefs De France are on my wish we could fit them in list, but I just can't find a way. As it stands now we have three credits per adult left and only two ADRs scheduled per day. I really did not want more that two per day, because I think that would be too much time spent in restaurants and too much food. I think two meals with snacks along the way will be perfect. This plan also leaves us with three credits, so if we need a QS breakfast or lunch we have a few to fall back on.

There were a few other thoughts that led to some of this changing. One thing that I was worried about was only a half day at HS. HS is my second favorite park and I really think we need a full day there, especially since we will be taking a mid day break. I am not crazy about Fantasmic, but I would like to be in the park until the evening. The other thing I was worried about was not having enough time in the MK. I worked it out so that we have two half days and one full day in MK, which I think will be a good amount of time. However, the way our plan works out is we won't be there until day 5 but, since we can see it from our resort, I think that will be fine. The only way to get all of the ADR's we wanted CRT had to be breakfast. I am a little disappointed with that. Last time we went we had our anniversary dinner there and watched the sunset as we ate in the castle. When we left the restaurant it was just about time for the fireworks to start and we were able to walk out of the castle and sit right in front. To say it was amazing would be an understatement. I wanted that experience again, but, it just would not work out. It seems though that lots of people prefer the breakfast there over dinner, so we will try it. I am sure it will offer a magic experience of its own right? 1900 Park Fare, ended up getting cut and at first I was a little disappointed, but it was cut in favor of some new experiences. I might still have to stop in a take a peek at the GF. I would have really liked it if we could have gone to TH, but it was not that hard to cut. CP breakfast was the one cut I had a hard time doing. I still keep thinking maybe I should try to squeeze it in, but I can't find a place for it. Oh, well that gives us something to look forward to next time right?

Up next, I am going to start over with our daily plans since they are totally different now.

New PTR: After All This, We are going to Need Some Magic!
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Jackiemarie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:25 AM   #32
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Day 1 and 2...Revised!

Alright so day 1 will stay exactly the same, so I am not going through that plan again. In a nutshell, airport, fly to Orlando, arrive, explore resort and 'Ohanna dinner. A great first day, nice and relaxing!

Day 2:

We will probably have a snack for breakfast at the Contempo Cafe before heading out to the AK. I would like to leave by 9:00 at the latest, we will see if my family complies or not.
Charlotte will still be wearing this:

Our plan for this park, is to do the safari ride, meet some characters, I will ride EE, we would like to catch Its Tough to be a Bug and the Nemo show. We will probably do rider swap to ride dinosaur. Charlotte will probably want to play in the boneyard. We also have our early lunch ADR at Y&Y. That is really our only priority in this park. As I mentioned before AK is not our favorite park so we don't need a ton of time there. I hope to leave this park by 2:00 to head back to the resort to rest.
We will rest for a few hours, and hopefully DD will sleep! We will get cleaned up and changed for dinner. Charlotte will be wearing this dress to dinner:

Since we are no longer doing CP or 1900, I was not sure when she should wear this. I thought she could wear it tonight since we will be near the UK pavilion and we could get her picture with pooh in this dress. So, that was I picked this dress on this particular evening. We have dinner ADR at Le Cellier so will most likely do that first. After dinner we will walk around WS (hopefully meet Pooh) and enjoy an evening around the world. I hope to stay for Illuminations but it all depends on DD. This will be a pretty laid back evening. We will just take things as they come.

Coming up soon...Day 3! and this week's movie night: Brother Bear!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #33
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Life Update

Well its been a while since I have updated this PTR, but we have been busy! Disney has been kind of been on the back burner the past few weeks, its unbelievable I know, but please don't hate me. I am going to fill you in on my reasons.

Well, in the past month I have been working hard on two big orders. You all know I sew but what you don't know is I have a small home sewing business which is partially what funds our Disney fun! This month two teachers who worked with me when I taught contacted me to make full size T-shirt quilts for their kids for 8th grade graduation. They have been very time consuming but last night at 3:00 am I finally finished! Their kids graduate today, so nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? I feel so relived that they are all fished.
I have a few plans for my hard earned money from the quilts the first:

DD and I will both be getting sparkly Toms! I am still deciding between pink or sliver, but right now I am leaning towards pink because we are girly girls. I think they will be great for our Disney trip, comfy, a good sturdy walking shoe, and super cute so that is exciting. But when are sparkly shoes not exciting?

I am also going to get DH a new pair of tennis shoes, but those are boring and not so cute. So we will all have nice new shoes for the summer!

I also just ordered this today with my earnings:

I have a slight stroller obsession. I love strollers. We currently have a big Jeep stroller, a Minnie Mouse Umbrella stroller and a Jeep umbrella stroller. I am planning to sell the umbrella Jeep stroller. I loved our big jeep stroller, but one day it feel over in the garage and I ran over it with the car. It is still functional, but really hard to open and close. Not good for a WDW trip. It is also super heavy so that is no good. DD doesn't really like sitting in the umbrella stroller for long periods of time plus it doesn't have a basket so it is no good for traveling. This one will be good because it is in between a full size stroller and and umbrella stroller. I am excited about it!

So that is all pretty good news, but we also had some really bad stuff happen this past month. My DH's best friend since college, (he was the best man in our wedding) passed away. He had cancer the past three years, but he was in remission the past 12 months. He went into the hospital in the Morning of May 7th because of some pain, and was gone by 8:30 that evening. It was a total shock and has been somewhat earth shattering for my husband. It has really hit him hard! A few days later a good friend of our family lost their mother. So we have had lots of tragedy in our lives the last month. We are still working on healing our hearts but diving back into our Disney plans has helped things a lot!

We have a non-Disney trip (a scary thought, I know!) planned for this holiday weekend that I have been busy preparing for this week. We are heading to Colorado to visit my brother. I am excited for this trip. I have not been to CO since I was in middle school, so it will be fun to try something new. I am also interested to see how Charlotte does on a plane.

So that is what has been going on. The fog is starting to lift for us and life is getting back to normal, but whoa has it been a crazy month!

Old 05-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #34
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Ch-Ch-Changing Again!

Yes, you read correctly we made another change! I know you are thinking I am nuts by now, and I guess I am a little nuts, but I made yet another change to our trip. What aspect you ask? Well, I have changed our resort once again! So where are we staying now....

Drum roll please.......

I know you are sitting in suspense trying to figure this one out!

Well, we are staying at the Polynesian!!!

Of course if you looked at my ticker this is not a surprise!

I can not believe that we are actually staying at the Polynesian!!! I know, I know I said I would not be changing our resort anymore, but if you listen to my logic it all makes sense.

A little backstory... the poly has always been my dream resort. I have always said if I can stay anywhere that would be my choice, hands down. This year as we went through our various resort changes I always looked at the poly but it was just too expensive. When we thought we were going for the WL it was because it was the cheapest in the deluxe category. Then DH deiced that we could spring for a monorail resort but it had to be the cheapest monorail resort. When we priced out the monorail resorts Contemporary was the cheapest. So we went with that. When the summer discounts came out in order to apply the discount at the contemporary we had to upgrade our room to one that cost a little more. I still thought it was cheaper than the poly so I moved on. Then one day I thought I would just price out the poly with the discount and see the cost. Well, I found that the garden view rooms at the poly would actually be $6 less than our package at the Contemporary. I was surprised to find this, and then I was faced with a choice. I had gotten very excited to stay at the Contemporary and I really was happy with our choice, but Poly was my dream. Decisions, Decisions I decided to talk to DH about it. He looked at the pictures of the poly and said, it is a beautiful resort, do what you want. I thought about it over night and first thing the next morning I changed our resort, again. We are now in a garden view room, with a request for a patio and the Tokelau long house. I was very happy about the contemporary, but I am over the moon excited about the poly. I literally can not believe this will be my trip!

So now we really are settled! This is going to be the best trip ever!

Old 05-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #35
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Movie Nights: Brother Bear and Beauty and the Beast

I am going to lump the last two movie nights we had this month because I am so behind with this PTR.

Earlier this month we had a Brother Bear movie night. DH and I had not seen this one yet so I had to refer to the movie night thread on Dis to get some ideas for food. I did not do much in the way of decorations because of how busy we have been, for food we had Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese soup, homemade pretzel rolls, Northern light punch and bear paw cupcakes. It was all quite yummy and got us excited for our dinner at Le Cellier. Here are some pics of the food:

We thought the movie was okay, a little sad. We enjoyed it, but it won't be one we play over and over.

The following week we did Beauty and the Beast. DD loves this one, it is tied with Cinderella for her favorite! DD and I have seen this one lots of times, but DH hasn't seen it since his own childhood. I only had time to make one decoration. I cut off a soda bottle, spray painted the cap gold and put a rose in the bottle, to make an enchanted rose. For dinner we had French onion soup, quiche, tea and the grey stuff for dessert. We have french onion soup and quiche for dinner on a semi-regular, so this is a favorite dinner. Here are some pics:

We loved the movie as always, overall , it was a great night.

We skipped this weeks movie night because I was busy getting those quilts finished. We will resume them nest week when we get back from CO.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #36
Brooksie13
Earning My Ears

Inspired

I love these PTRs makes me so excited for our trip. Just booked for our honeymoon in July without telling the DF I am surprising her she thinks that i am unable to get the time off. Any way these PTRs have inspired me to do my own and hopefully the DF will be able to help out :P.
Brooksie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #37
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksie13 View Post
I love these PTRs makes me so excited for our trip. Just booked for our honeymoon in July without telling the DF I am surprising her she thinks that i am unable to get the time off. Any way these PTRs have inspired me to do my own and hopefully the DF will be able to help out :P.
How exciting! You should totally write a PTR and include her reaction to the surprise! I would love to surprise my family with a trip someday, but I can never keep my excitement to myself.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #38
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Love your PTR so far, especially all the movie nights and your dd's outfits, So adorable

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

laurenvic1312959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #39
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Revised!

I bet you are thinking, wow I can't handle all of these trip reports all of a sudden! Well, it just so happens with all of my sewing complete for the time being, I have time! What a feeling to have time look around here on disboards again, it so exciting!

Anyway on to Day 3, the new plan.

Because of some of the dining reservations I made 180 days out, and all the rearranging I have done to our schedule, our park days worked out kind of funny. We have lots of time at Epcot in the beginning of our week, but we don't visit MK until day 5, but we will also be there day 7 and 8. So, rather than spending a little time here and there we are doing Epcot in the beginning, and MK at the end. I am still not sure that is what I want to do, but it works out with all of our ADR's, so I think it will be fine.

Anyway, that is a long drawn out way to say that Day 3 will be spent at Epcot. Since the night before this we will also be at Epcot this will give us a total of 1 1/2 days at Epcot which I think will be enough time. This day we will eat a snack for breakfast and head to Epcot as soon as my crew will get it together. We will be doing rider swap passes for Sorin' and Test Track. DH and I are a little sad about having to ride these rides alone, they are both in our top 5 favorite rides in the "World", but at least we will get to experience them. I am happy that Disney has a program like rider swap, it makes things go just a little more smoothly for families with young kids. While DH rides I will probably take DD to ride Nemo and maybe turtle talk. Not sure what DH plans to do while I am gone, he will figure something out when they are there, he likes to be spontaneous.
Eventually we will head over to World Showcase because we have a lunch ADR with some royalty! We will be having lunch at Akershus. I have been on the fence about this ADR for a while. I have never had an interest in this restaurant for any meal, the menu just doesn't appeal to me in any way. And there are so many great places in Epcot! I am princess loving girl and I am working on raising my DD to love the girls in gowns also, but I never wanted to try this meal. It was DH who is insisting on this one, which I think is kind of funny. He really wants DD to do both of princess meals. So, here we are with a lunch ADR at Akershus, per my DH's request. I am sure I will enjoy it and I am glad that I will be getting some great photos with Belle on my photopass plus so that is good. So I know I told you what DD will be wearing to Akershus before but I will show you again:

I hope that she will wear this. She loves Belle and Beauty and the Beast is one of her favorite movies, but she hates wearing this dress for some reason. I have to alter it a bit for her to wear it comfortably, but in case she protests it I have an alternative:

I really think this shirt is cute too, so we will just see what kind of mood we are in that day.

After our lunch we will head back to the poly for a rest and maybe a swim depending on timing.

We will clean up after our rest and head back to Epcot for dinner and evening fun. Our ADR for dinner is one that I am super excited about. I have wanted to try this one for a long time! I think it looks fantastic and the concept of the restaurant using food grown in the land is so neat. So I am excited. I made DD this look to wear for the occasion:

She would of course not sit still, but you get the idea. We will spend the evening finishing up our must do lists in Epcot which include illuminations, the Mexico ride, living with the land and spaceship earth. There are also a couple of food related must dos. I really want to try a grey goose, and/or a grand mariner slush, ice wine from Germany, and several margaritas from Mexico (avocado, blood orange, and the blue one, I love blue drinks!). I am not an alcoholic I swear, and I will try them over the 1 1/2 days we will be there so I will pace myself. I also want to try something from the bakery in France, school bread and something made of caramel from Germany. Most of these will be taken to go to enjoy at a later time.
Epcot is DH's favorite park so I am going to let him take this lead on this one. If there is something he really wants to do, then we will do that as well.

Well, that wraps up day 3! Coming up soon...... Day 4!

Old 05-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #40
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenvic1312959 View Post
Love your PTR so far, especially all the movie nights and your dd's outfits, So adorable
Thank you! I love doing the movie nights and making DD's outfits it really gets me in the Disney state of mind!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #41
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

A Fun Non-Disney Trip

Well, I am back! We spent Memorial day weekend visiting my brother in Denver CO. He just moved there last year, because that is where his girlfriend lived and a few weeks before our visit he proposed so she is now his finance!

One thing that I learned while I was visiting them this weekend was his finance is also a huge Disney fan! I had no idea! But one afternoon we were trying to get DD to take a nap and Christie said, lets put in a movie, and she had a huge collection of Disney movies, more than I have! We started talking about our love for the movies which lead to talk about the parks. She has only been to WDW once but, DL many times. She loves them too! I have always wanted to take a big family Disney trip and after learning this it may just be possible!

We had a great time, but DD did not do so well on the plane on the way there. I have not flown since 2006 and DD has never been on a plane, so I think my tension added to her bad behavior. I was a wreck and so was she! I had a few tricks up my sleeve and none of them really worked. We did not allow enough time to do a sit down dinner, and that resulted in a hungry tried baby, which did not make for the best flying conditions! (DD is so particular about meals, she needs to be sitting down at a table to really eat). So getting there was pretty stressful.

Once we got to Denver we had a great trip. We visited with my brother and the finance. We went up in the mountains for a beautiful scenic drive. Here is a pic:

We also found South Park, which was so exciting to us, because we are fans of the show! We went to Casa Bonita, another South Park reference which was great fun! If you don't know what Casa Bonita is, it is a restaurant that serves terrible Mexican food, but has lots of interesting entertainment. There is a waterfall with cliff divers. A man dressed in a gorilla suit, who gets "lost", a gun fight, and black Bart's cave. Overall, it was a great time!

The last day there we went to the Denver Aquarium which Charlotte loved! Here are a couple of pics from the aquarium:

There was a tiger at the aquarium which Charlotte LOVED!

We found Nemo!

The flight home went much more smoothly. I think it was because we all had a better idea of what to expect. Our flight was delayed four hours, but we did not sign up for email updates, so we didn't know until we arrived at the airport, so we spent six long hours in the Denver airport. We tried to get Charlotte to sleep in her stroller with no luck so we just walked around. But, all that walking made her very sleepy so she slept the whole way home. It was a good thing to because we flew home through all those awful storms that night so it was a very rough flight! We made it home and overall, the trip was a success! I have a much better idea of how to keep DD calm and comfortable while flying now, so we are ready for Disney!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #42
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Day 4 revised!

Alright, so back to Disney talk!

While we were in Denver we past the 60 day mark! I am so excited, but this time is going so fast! I did not do online check in. I am not really sure about doing online check-in. I would like to make sure I am in the long house we requested and from what I have read is that if you do not do online check-in, you have more of an opportunity to ask for a different location, if you do not like your original. So, as of right now, we will not being checking in until we arrive.

So we are coming up on another trip milestone soon, the 45 day pay in full mark! Now, we have had the money saved for this trip for over a year now, but I love a deal. So, we have a Target debit card and over the last year we have been purchasing Disney gift cards with the Target debit card to save 5%. We needed a ton of cards(you can only buy them in $50 increments) to pay off our Disney balance and use for spending money, so I have been buying them a few at a time. We still need about 15 cards, so will get them this week and by next Monday we be paid in full

Okay, so on to day 4!

Day 4 is going to start out with a late breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I am really excited about this ADR! We have never been to CM before, so I think this will be fun. I have gone back and forth if we should do this meal for breakfast or dinner, I have settled on breakfast to help our schedule flow. I have also heard good things about breakfast so I am happy with our choice. I know I already showed you Charlotte's CM outfit, but here it is again:

After breakfast we will head to Downtown Disney for a little while. I love Downtown Disney and no trip is complete for me without at least stopping in there once. After we get our fill of shopping. That will be determined by DD's mood as usual! We will head to the resort. Since we switched to the Poly I am so excited to spend time at the resort! The pool looks like tons of fun and the resort looks so beautiful! Instead of being worried about getting in enough park time, I am now worried about getting in enough resort time!

After some rest and resort time, we have a fun ADR, The Hoop Dee Doo! We are really looking forward to this one! This is the only part of DH's one childhood visit to WDW that he remembers and he said he loved it! DD loves music so I think this will be fun for all. The only thing about this is the timing. It really stinks for us. The 5:30 is way too early! DD usually naps until 5, which would make us so rushed and cutting her nap short is NOT an option! So we went with the 8:30. It may make getting back to our resort a little late, but late with a full nap is better than early and cutting the nap short, or at least at home that is how it goes. So it was a tough call, but I think the late show works best for us. The following day is going to be very laid back, so I think it should go well. Of course Charlotte has a special outfit for the occasion:

I am so in love with this one! It is one of my favorites!

After the HDD we will be heading back and going to bed for sure!

I will be back soon for day 5, when we will finally be heading to MK!

Old 06-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #43
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo...Charlotte Turns Two!

Charlotte had her 2nd birthday this weekend, so we threw her a Cinderella themed birthday party fit for a princess! I wanted to share some of the details with you all since it was a Disney themed event!

At first we were planning to have a small party just with both sets of grandparents, and my DH's two sisters. Then we decided that we should have the kids Charlotte plays with. So, we ended up with about 20 people, which is much more manageable than last year's 50. My DH has a huge family so it is hard to cut off the guest list, so this worked. We had everyone over for dinner then we did cake and presents. For dinner we had smoked turkey, pasta con broccoli, salad, fruit, green bean casserole and mashed potatoes. I tried to have a variety of Charlotte's favorites. I also made a bunch of decorations. It was a super fun day. The birthday girl played until her last guest left at 11:00pm! She got to stay up waaaay past her bedtime, and she really enjoyed it! All day long she was in a good mood and asking to have "ake" which is cake. But,she ate so much fruit for dinner, she only ate two bites of her beloved "ake" and then went back to play.

Here are some pics from the day:

The wreath I made for the door.

More decoration pics

Cake table and cake

The birthday girl in her outfit I made.

Charlotte got an American Girl Bitty Baby doll and she was so excited to take care of her baby. She is a good little mama to her baby!

Our family!

Even though it was a smaller party it was still a ton of work, but it was so worth it! Charlotte had a great time and her face all day was priceless. I would do it all again to see her so happy! I can't believe my little baby is two, she is growing way too fast for me!

Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #44
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Movie Nights!

We are now currently in "cramming" mode with our family movie nights! There are so many movies I want to introduce to my DD and DH so we are doing them more frequently than we have in the past. In fact, since my last update we have had three!

First we did Mulan. I kept this one super simple since it was the day after DD's party. We ordered Chinese take-out and watched the movie. No fuss, no muss!

This week we did two, first up was Monsters Inc. We ordered pizza, which was more to keep things simple and fun. We had Mike juice boxes to drink and "monster" cookies for dessert.

Next, we did Snow White and I went to more effort for that one.
For dinner we had Bavarian Brats and sauerkraut, forest "trees", German potato salad, and Snow's Apple Dumplings. I really do not remember this one at all, but Snow talks about gooseberry pies. My Grandma had prized gooseberry plants and made the pies all the time! If I had known that about the movie, I would have used her recipe. She was the only person I ever knew who talked about gooseberries. Okay, so I am a little here, sorry! To drink we had witches brew punch. I asked my DH to put the sherbert on top of the punch and he just dumped the whole container out in one scoop so it really did not look "right", oh well.

For decorations we had a bowl of apple centerpiece and made Snow White and the Seven dwarfs out of paper. DD received a Snow White dulpo set as a birthday gift so we put that together as an activity and used it as a decoration too!

Here are some pics:

Our table

Our food

Duplo set, some of the paper dwarfs and DH's messed up punch

Apple dumplings, these were fantastic! So yummy!

DD LOVED the movie, she laughed a lot and watched the whole thing. She did not like Monster's Inc or Mulan much, and did not watch much of them either. I guess she just prefers the classics.

Up next, we are doing Tangled and Finding Nemo.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #45
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Revised!

In my ramblings I missed a major miliestone....we are paid in full!

:y ay:

I thought that was worthy of a dance party, or least for us it was! We used $50 gift cards to pay the whole trip off! The 5% off was worth it, but it took forever to call all of those in. We had the nicest CM though we seemed to enjoy the process.

Alright, now I am ready to discuss day 5.
We are going to start the day off with a late breakfast with some "family" at 'Ohanna. I have always wanted to try the breakfast here because I LOVE the dinner, but it never worked out for use. Well, this time we were able to fit it in. I am even more excited about this one now because DD loves Lilo and Stitch! I think we have seen the original movie 20 times in the last month! I think she will love seeing Lilo and Stitch in person! I am not sure yet how she will react to the characters. Even if she doesn't like them up close I know she will enjoy watching their antics from afar. We will just have to see how she feels when we get there. I am hoping we get a least a few good pictures of her with characters, but we will see what she wants to do. Anyway, Charlotte is going to wear this:

I made myself a matching skirt for this meal as well, so I hope we have a nice family picture.

After breakfast, we are going to relax and hang out at the resort. I want to be sure we have plenty of time to enjoy all the Poly has to offer, so we will have another "off" day on day 5. I am almost as excited to enjoy the resort as I am to be at the parks. I know we will spend some time at the pool as well.

A nap will defiantly be in order for DD since we will have a late night the night before. After a nap and getting cleaned up we will FINALLY head to the Magic Kingdom for the first time this trip! Yay! I can not wait for DD to see the castle for the first time! I think she will love it! We will get some pictures on main street, depending on what time it is we might do our first ride. I have debated a lot what Charlotte's first ride is going to to be in the Magic Kingdom and I think I have settled on Dumbo, I think she will like this one and the new play area instead of the line is perfect for DD. Also it is near new Fantasy Land where our ADR just happens to be! Tonight we will have dinner at BOG! I can't wait! Charlotte is going to wear this dress:

After dinner we will play things by ear. It depends on how long the lines are and what kind of mood DD is in. I would like to do a few more rides, but we will have to see how everyone is feeling. After we have had our fill of the MK for that night we will head to the monorail and head back to the poly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: