Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
skyekitty
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
I think that is probably the main question you have to ask, do you want steak or seafood? Although, I have to say my dh really enjoyed the steak they have at FF but YSH specialty is steak.

FF has the best mussels in the entire world and their fish dishes are excellent, so it's a tough call. I have reviews on both of these restaurants (with photos) if you'd like to check them out. Just click on the link below and select Resorts under the main menu.
Yes, I read your reviews, and they were very helpful. The Yachtsman looked like it had better looking food compared to FF, but I think we'll go for seafood between the two. Thanks for your review pages, BTW!
2005 Dec: off site
2007 Feb: Animal Kingdom Lodge
....babies....
2013 Sept: Boardwalk Villas (10th Anniversary trip!!!!)
skyekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #17
skyekitty
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
IMO if you are looking for a great steak. Yachtsmen all the way. I am not a seafood lover so FF doesn't appeal to me. I had an ok steak there a few years ago and DH liked it. But not enough to go back. We have been to YSh a bunch of times! We just returned from BWV. We love it there! We had the best room. Standard view facing the bus stop but we also could see a fountian and the water. And we were far enough away from the bus stop that we didnt hear them. We could see a lot of Illuminations, we couldnt hear it except for the fireworks! Lol. We have had BW view, partial BW view and pool view. This was by far our favorite room. Enjoy!!
I'm excited to stay within walking distance to Epcot (and boating to DHS)! I've always wanted to do that. To me, that's the best part. We are staying in a standard room, and I don't have any high hopes about a view or anything, and it's hard to know where within a resort you want to be when you've never stayed there. Maybe we'll get lucky! My feeling is that you are in the room for such a short time (at least w/o kids!), that the location and price is what is most important. We haven't been to WDW since we had kids, so we're soo excited!
2005 Dec: off site
2007 Feb: Animal Kingdom Lodge
....babies....
2013 Sept: Boardwalk Villas (10th Anniversary trip!!!!)
skyekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
MrsLS
DIS Veteran

I would probably choose FF over YS although I like them both a lot. We've been to FF more times. If someone in your party wants a really good steak, the steak at FF is outstanding & then the other entrees are really good at FF too.

MrsLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #19
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Both times I've eaten at Yachtsman, I've come away somewhat disappointed. The first time I was with a largish group...about 8 or so of us. By the time my beef arrived, I was the last one served. And my ordered med rare beef was a hockey puck. Now, the girl next to me had ordered her beef well done, and got it that way, so I have to wonder if the server put that on my order as well. I didn't return it since everyone else had started eating and would have been on dessert by the time I got my meal replaced.
The second time we ate with another couple. We waited close to 20 mins to be seated. And then? Our server really had a snotty attitude. He must have felt that he was working at a trendy NYC eatery!!! One example??? When we asked for refills on our drinks, it took him close to 15 mins to get them to us. Now, I realize we weren't drinking 'adult beverages' but really, is that any reason to keep people waiting for drink refills??? The food was mediocre. No one was impressed. In fact, after we ate at Artist Point, the general feeling was that Artist Point was much, much better than Yachtsman!!

We do like FF though. I like beef, dh likes seafood. We have never had a bad, or mediocre, meal there.

But...if you really want good beef?? Head over to Shula's. Simply incredible. Yes, more expensive, but oh my!!! It was wonderful when I ate there in Dec. It was so good that I'm taking my dh there in Sept despite the cost!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #20
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Thanks op for asking this question. I had ressies at FFC but I jusr changed them to the steakhouse

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Ron from Michigan
DIS Veteran

We just returned from 9 nights at BWV yesterday. We dined at Yachtsman for the first time in a couple of years and loved it. It was by far the best meal of the trip. My wife and I split the 16-oz Boneless Rib-Eye and it was cooked to perfection. We also had an order of mushrooms that were very good. Service was very good. We also ate at Kouzzina which was just ok on this trip. I had Pastitsio - Greek-style Lasagna which was just not that great. They actually brought this out to me before the salad I ordered which I pointed out to our server. We will not be eating here again for awhile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: