Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Scallops?

Hey guys my new favorite food has become Scallops (I'm trying to stay away from red meat) where are your favorite restaurants for scallops?
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The Scallop Forest at Raglan Road is awesome...it's considered an appetizer but I'll eat one myself.

They're breaded and fried so it might not work if you're looking for healthier seared scallops.
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Smile&Nod
Mouseketeer

Teppan Edo has scallops as a choice on their menu - they are grilled and were very good.
Smile&Nod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Flying Fish has really good scallops and I also agree with Teppan Edo. Artist Point has had good reviews for them. That is what I am going to have this year along with the portabello soup.

sfbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We've enjoyed the seared sea scallops at Artist Point.

You can find out all the restaurants at WDW that offer scallops by using a great search feature here on the DIS. Near the top of this page is a dark blue menu bar. Hover over "Dining" and from the drop-down menu select "Menus". On that page use the search box to find restaurants offering scallops.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Here, I did it for you. Just click this link to find where scallops are served on property.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...&BuffetItem=No
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

My stepson had a steak and scallop dinner at T-Rex in DTD.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
The Scallop Forest at Raglan Road is awesome...it's considered an appetizer but I'll eat one myself.They're breaded and fried so it might not work if you're looking for healthier seared scallops.
I have to 2nd that! They come to table, and boom, they quickly disappear! We get 2 orders (I travel with hungry 16 year olds/vacuum cleaners) They are accompanied by a tasty dipping sauce!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Awesome guys thanks so much! I have reservation at Artist point so that's what I'll get
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Probably the best dish at WDW, outside of Victoria & Alberts, is the scallop and pork rib appetizer at bluezoo. I think I've had all of the scallops listed here in this thread and that appetizer at bluezoo definitely beats them all. It's very rich so I always split it with someone or have it as my entree.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #11
Robert P
GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
I have to 2nd that! They come to table, and boom, they quickly disappear! We get 2 orders (I travel with hungry 16 year olds/vacuum cleaners) They are accompanied by a tasty dipping sauce!
I'd add a 3rd as well. Excellent.
01/04 - CBR, AKL: 9/04 - POP, BCV, POR: 10/04 - BCV, (offsite-Radisson-yuck!):
11/05 - Dolphin, BCV, BWV: 10/06 - BCV: 11/06 - Dolphin, BCV:
07/07 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari- AOK!) 11/07 - BCV, Dolphin:
04/08 - Dolphin, BWV: 08/08 - POP, WL: 10/08 - BCV, Swan:
09/09 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari): 11/09 - Swan, BCV 10/10 - Dolphin, BCV

Robert P's April 2008 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1791298
Robert P's Fall 2007 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630586
Robert P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Probably the best dish at WDW, outside of Victoria & Alberts, is the scallop and pork rib appetizer at bluezoo. I think I've had all of the scallops listed here in this thread and that appetizer at bluezoo definitely beats them all. It's very rich so I always split it with someone or have it as my entree.
+1
Probably the best dish in all of WDW outside of V&A and better than the other scallop dishes mentioned in this thread. If the rib meat presents a problem, talk to your sever and ask them to make a scallop dish that is purely pescatarian. You won't be disappointed.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #13
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

ITA w/PP Raglan Road's scallops and also Cooke's of Dublin are a must have for us!!!

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
+1
Probably the best dish in all of WDW outside of V&A and better than the other scallop dishes mentioned in this thread. If the rib meat presents a problem, talk to your sever and ask them to make a scallop dish that is purely pescatarian. You won't be disappointed.
Another vote for the scallop appetizer at bluezoo. I agree with Jimmy. It's my favorite dish in all of WDW, V&A excluded (we haven't eaten there yet).

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not a big fan of fried foods. True to my southern roots, if I eat them, I like the breading to be crisp. That said, I didn't like the scallops at Raglan Road at all. I love scallops & thought this would be a safe choice. We'd eaten at RR previously & didn't enjoy the food. After reading all the great reviews, I was certain we would love the scallops. My DS & I shared the Appetizers D'Lirrah & a salad. He wouldn't eat the scallops either. We both thought they tasted soggy. WDW restaurants have a tendency to be inconsistent. It's possible we got them on an off day. If not, I definitely wouldn't order them again. Obviously, many people love them. It's possible it's just personal preference for us.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

I know that your trying to avoid red meat, but blueZoo inside Dolphin has a Scallop w/ Short Rib appetizer that is sublime.

Enjoy!!

Akershus (3.0-stars* Food; 5* princess interaction). blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (2.5* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.5* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4*), Jiko (3.5*), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Marrakesh (3* - bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4.0*), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (3*), Yak & Yeti (2*)

On my 'to dine' list: Artist Point (Nov, 2014), Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2016?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015), & Spice Road (2014?).
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: