DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have non refundable airfare to be in Disney June 12th-19th.
I really hope you have something booked at Disney (or Universal or somewhere) just in case.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #17
disbound09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I really hope you have something booked at Disney (or Universal or somewhere) just in case.
A friend checked a few days ago and said 2 bedroom SSR and OKW were still available for 6/12/13-6/19/13 I am really stressing about and debating renting pts from someone and then having to rent ours when we finally get them. Taking a little magic out of the whole owning DVC right now. I am giving it until the two month mark. Not sure if this is a great idea or not.

disbound09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #18
kenspidey
Mouseketeer

My guy tells me you will be ok... Just to relieve your stress why don't you book a refundable room off property.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #19
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
They had made a mistake in the agreed amount the seller was to pay of the closing cost. As I understand it today the contract has been signed and sent back but the deed has to go through the attorney, father and husband of the deceased. They aren't on speaking terms and adding an attorney in the middle doesn't help the timeline. Didn't know I was purchasing a timeshare with baggage. So late now in the process just waiting it out and hoping they get it back sooner rather than later.
If the dollars changed it normally has to go back to ROFR again so hopefully your closing agent has everything taken care of.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #20
disbound09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
If the dollars changed it normally has to go back to ROFR again so hopefully your closing agent has everything taken care of.
Used TBS and they seem to be clueless/unmotivated on a lot of this. I will call the title company again Monday. Bonnie the agent quit/fired midway sometime in January so it didn't get sent to ROFR until 1/25

Overall the dollars are the same for the points. Seller was to pay 300 bonus and TBS paid 100 if documents were signed and returned in 24 hours which we did way back on 1/9 They forgot to include the amendment on closing papers they sent. They have been slow as there was a death and feuding father/husband and attorney involved all of which I found out after I wired $$
Thanks

Old 03-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #21
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Used TBS and they seem to be clueless/unmotivated on a lot of this. I will call the title company again Monday. Bonnie the agent quit/fired midway sometime in January so it didn't get sent to ROFR until 1/25

Overall the dollars are the same for the points. Seller was to pay 300 bonus and TBS paid 100 if documents were signed and returned in 24 hours which we did way back on 1/9 They forgot to include the amendment on closing papers they sent. They have been slow as there was a death and feuding father/husband and attorney involved all of which I found out after I wired $$
Thanks
If those items were not on the contract, you could have issues, if they were you'd be fine.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
disbound09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
If those items were not on the contract, you could have issues, if they were you'd be fine.
At this point would it be better to have the amendment kept separate and just have them send me a check for the difference and leave the contract identical to the one sent to ROFR then? I didn't get to see what they sent, we signed contract and then an amendment was added about the money. I wasn't sure on the 24 hour bonus as they forgot to send a page of the forms to fill out for disney whether we had. Title company rep has been saying the contract as it was now is fine and not to worry about it. But they all at times seem overwhelmed or understaffed as it takes days to get an answer from them. Won't use either in future transactions.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #23
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At this point would it be better to have the amendment kept separate and just have them send me a check for the difference and leave the contract identical to the one sent to ROFR then? I didn't get to see what they sent, we signed contract and then an amendment was added about the money. I wasn't sure on the 24 hour bonus as they forgot to send a page of the forms to fill out for disney whether we had. Title company rep has been saying the contract as it was now is fine and not to worry about it. But they all at times seem overwhelmed or understaffed as it takes days to get an answer from them. Won't use either in future transactions.
What they would have sent would be your actual contract and that's what DVD made the ROFR decision on. You should have a copy of that. Legally they can't make them separate transactions as I understand it. Sometimes for minor issues it seems they can work with DVD directly to work things out.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
disbound09
Mouseketeer

I guess I will have to have faith in the title company agent as she assured me last week that the contract is fine as it is.

In reality I don't have faith in the broker and title companies abilities because of the ongoing mistakes and lack of communication. Not much I can do now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: