Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #91
Moonwolf
Mouseketeer

I haven't run into anyone in Disney, since I haven't been in years. But on other vacations my parents have run into people they knew. The most shocking was I think they found someone they knew on the last day of a cruise we went on.

On my next Disney trip with my friend she's hoping not to run into anyone she knows since she's a teacher and apparently a bunch of her kids will be going to WDW the same time that we're going.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #92
Pills
Mouseketeer

The summer I was 15 I went on a teen tour around the country. There were probably 40 kids. The February after that I was in line for SSE with my family when a friend of mine from the tour walked by.

Not Disney, but still Florida, and one of my grandmother's favorite stories from 30 years ago (grandma's turning 94 this week). We'd go down to Florida from NY every President's Day week; my grandparents had a condo (grandma still has it; she just came back on Friday). Anyway, we're in this ice cream place that has an arcade on the 2nd floor. My brother and I are off doing our thing, so my grandmother starts speaking to this girl about my age.

"Where are you from?" "Long Island"
"Where on Long Island?" "[our town]"
"Wow, really? We're from there too!" "I'm in [my] class"

I'd already seen her and said hello, but my grandmother still loves that story.

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #93
bdklein
DIS Veteran

On our trip this past summer we bumped into friends from our town (we knew they would be there), my wife's first cousin and family, and a not too close friend of mine who was celebrating his 50th with his family.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #94
jana616
DIS Veteran

My husband and I went to Disney on our honeymoon in 2001. We were approaching the Pooh ride to get in line, when the CM at the front of the line called out my first name and maiden name. I didn't recognize her at all, but she told me she had been my preschool teacher! She recognized me from some times I'd been in the town newspaper during high school about 5 years prior. She remembered the names of my brother and asked about my parents...it was the craziest small world experience!

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #95
SouthernBelle21
Louisiana Girl who loves ALL things Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinLouisian View Post

SouthernBelle.... Is it in Baton Rouge? I'm in TV here as well !

(HUGS)
Mary
Why yes it is! what do you do?
Eta.. Sorry to hijack!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #96
Kdutton
Mrs. Dutton

My husband met Paul Pierce from the Boston Celtics - which was like a dream come true to him! Paul Pierce came over and started talking to him after noticing my husband had a Celtics jersey on that I bought him for his 30th birthday with the number 30 and our last name. Happiest husband ever.

Kdutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #97
Overexcited
DIS Veteran

Wow some really cool stories!!
2010 POP
2013 CBR
2015 CBR
Overexcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #98
Thenwood
L'il Swimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheriemek View Post
Have you ever run into a friend/neighbor/relative at WDW whom you didn't know would be there? It has happened to me twice. One was a very beloved teacher that two of my kids had. My extended family was on a bus back to POR after MK fireworks and we were pretty loud. I heard someone call our last name, and it was the teacher with her mom and two kids. The whole family was excited to see her. I knew she loved Disney - she had gotten a job teaching at Celebration some years earlier, but came back to Buffalo, NY because it was too, um, Stepford Wives for her! The second was a co-worker. I was at Disney Studios by myself when I heard my name being called. I stopped and spoke to him and his wife for about 20 minutes - I had no idea he was a Disney fanatic!
Our first trip back in 1998 we saw my brother-in-laws in-laws (I've known their family for years) at the airport. They were leaving on a differnt airline at the same time we were. They were going to their cottage in Coco Beach and we were going to Disney. Our last day at Disney (10 days later) we stopped in Downtown Disney before our flight and saw them again grabbing some gifts. They too were leaving back home the same day. Again a few years later we saw them again at the airport departing the sametime as us differnt airline. Even stranger is that I just saw her 2 days ago for the first time in about 2 years. FYI, were also from just out side of Buffalo.
Became DVC Member Dec 2003, OKW May 2005, OKW May 2006, OKW May 2007, OKW Oct 2007 (10 yr anni no kids), OKW May 2008, OKW Oct 2008 (anni get away, no kids), OKW April/May 2009, OKW Star Wars Weekends June 2010
OKW Star Wars Weekends May 2011 ,OKW Star Wars Weekends May 2012, Star Wars Weekends May/June 2014

and..............
many more Disney Vacations to come

Last edited by Thenwood; 03-21-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Thenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #99
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Yes, quite a few times.

Back in the 80's we ran into neighbors from down the road. They were big Disney fans & they were headed in Epcot as we were headed out.

That same trip my sister ran into someone else she knew.

When I went a few years ago, I was in Captain Cooks & ran into an old aquaintance. She was there with her family as I was with mine.

The last trip, we were in line for Peter Pan (I think) & I saw someone with a shirt that said "Trumbull, CT" on it. That is where I grew up & my family still lives there & sadly I don't. So I started to talk to them much to my dh's dismay. And they knew my oldest sister. I saw them a few more times that trip.

My husband tells me that Trumbull must be some kind of mecca. He was on his way home from a work trip last year & he made conversation with someone on the plane sitting next to him before his lay over. The guy asked where he was going & my dh said CT. The guy said he was from CT so my dh asked where & started to smile because the guy said "Trumbull." The guy graduated with my other sister. My husband was amazed & told the guy that everywhere we go I happen to find someone from Trumbull or they have a connection to Trumbull.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: