Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

One trip we ran into a family whose son was taking Tae Kwon Do classes with our son. Another time the son of our church secretary recognized us and came over to talk Before one trip I had been reading a random blog of someone in the DCP who has posted pictures of herself and her boyfriend--who was also on DCP. He was working the a train stop in AK one day and I recognized him. I think he was a little surprised and maybe freaked to be recognized from the blog!

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

I ran into a girl from my H/S both last year and the year before. She is a CM at Magic Kingdom, but didn't know she moved down to FL until I saw her there. Funny that I saw this thread, because tonight I was just talking with her through facebook,saying I was going back in 2 weeks and maybe I would run into her again... but, she is having her baby about the time I will be in DW.
purpledisneyprncess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #18
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

Oh and forgot to add, the last time I ran into this girl, it was at "It's a small world ride"
purpledisneyprncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

We ran into our neighbors at AK in 2010. They live 3 doors down from us and have 3 kids, one of whom was in the same grade as our DD. Neither of us knew the others were going the same week to WDW.

2 years later, this past November, our next door neighbors were in WDW the same dates we were. They stayed at the All Star Sports resort and we were at All Star Music. We saw them at Epcot one day. We knew a few months beforehand that they were going- the mom is as big a Disney freak as me, and is a DISer, too. When the Free Dining for later fall offer came out, we each booked the same week.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #20
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Small World...

Good One "Purple" !

Our last visit May 2012.... DH, myself, Teens x 4 sat through HDDR.... when the show was almost over...

I guess they have this song or something... "where are you from"....

We were SO surprised.... the table RIGHT next to us was from Louisiana !

Wait... Then we found out .... they were from Baton Rouge !

..... uh.... Wait.... then we found out.... they live in our neighborhood... about a street away !

LOL... we exchanged information but never contacted them... Hmm... we should look for those names !

Hugs
mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #21
bennifer
Mouseketeer

On my first trip in 2000 we were watching the parade at MK when one of the Belles in the parade did a double take towards me that caught my attention. She and I took dance class together as kids! (She was obviously better than me!) She kept going and I didn't see her again.

I've also run into my son's Sunday school teacher and a coworker!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Last year we were in line for TSM and on the stairs (yes, that far into the line) I was looking at this cute little girl behind me, thinking she looked familiar.... then noticed that her mother, grandpa and grandma all looked familiar too. They were my neighbors!

Just this past February I was giving a legal deposition. After it was over we were chatting and the court reporter said she was leaving soon for WDW. I said "me too" and the attorney chimed in and said he was going with his family. How weird we were all going to be there at the same time! Never saw them in Florida though.

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
Ametista
DIS Veteran

I never have but my twin nieces have run into kids from school on two different trips. I guess that's what happens when the whole state has the same spring break week!
Ametista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

It was at WDW, but at DL with DCA 1st opened i was in high school

I ran into my history teacher...

It would have been fine, but I was playing Hookie from school.. AND SO WAS HE!

We laughed about it.. And he told me not to tell anyone b/c he could have been fired..
Never said a word.....

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Ran into my cousin, her husband and kids at Epcot. Neither of us knew the other would be at Disney at the same time. We hung out together for a while and were going to try to get together the next day for dinner but it didn't work out.

At Hong Kong Disney we ran into the former mayor of our town.

Jim
LBIJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #26
Chikabowa
DIS Veteran

Yes! This was an odd one...

In December we were in Kauai and we had an afternoon of just swimming. We sat by the kids pool at our resort the entire day while our girls played with two other girls from another family. The other mom was sitting in her lounger, we were sitting in ours, and periodically we'd just have some small talk.

Then last week, while in Disneyland, we lined up in Toon Town to get pictures with Goofy. That exact same family was behind us in line! She recognized us immediately... just too odd to run into them. I was shocked. I wish I had gotten their names just to "know" them that way.

But yeah... small world for sure!

Chikabowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #27
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

At both DL and WDW, DH and I ran into a guy from our hometown. We would see him every Saturday morning for like 2 or 3 months as we were all waiting for our local Disney Store to open so we could all get our 100 Years of Magic pins.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #28
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

In December, I was walking to SSE at Epcot chatting with my friend when I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see my high school English teacher and her family! I knew they were Disney people but had no idea they were coming down. I could not believe that out of the tens of thousands of people at the park that day, we happened to be at the same place at the same time. It was so nice to talk with her as she was one of my favorite teachers.

During that same mini-vacation, I ran into some friends of mine from church - twice, at two different parks on two different days! Neither of us had any idea the other would be at Disney during that time. It was hilarious.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #29
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

I have run into co workers and their families at DL!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #30
es45
DIS Veteran

While on our first Disney cruise, my DH ran into a high school friend who is now an officer with DCL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: