Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Question Kidani Views...a few questions...

I've done some research on Kidani standard views (just booked for january!!!), but I still have a couple of questions:

1. Do any of the standard view studios at Kidani have partial (or better) savannah views? We stayed in a standard view at Jambo earlier this year and saw several animals from the balcony in our room...wondering if we could get that lucky again?

2. When checking in online, is there a place to "request" (i know this is not a guarantee) a view?

3. I read somewhere (possibly a blog) that a guest checked in and the CM showed them a map of available standard rooms and let them choose...has anyone ever had that happen or was that a major pixie dust moment?

Thanks so much in advance!!!!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
MarcyMouse
Mouseketeer

I am trying to search for answers to these same questions! We are booked for the first time at Kidani in a standard view, and I don't know what to expect/request. Does anyone have info about this? Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
stormer
DIS Veteran

We stayed in room 7757 this past August. It was a standard view room along the back of the pembe savannah so it was actually a nice view. There was about 30 feet of grass and then a fence. We saw animals every day that were walking back and forth from the pembe savannah. This savannah has no giraffes and zebras, though. We saw Okapi and a bunch of that type of animal and a lot of cranes. Much better than looking at a parking lot.
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
cvjw
DIS Veteran

The majority of the standard views at Kidani Village are on the back side of the resort, and face the parking lot and pool. There have been reports that some villas that face Pembe Savannah can also be standard view. If I booked a standard view at KV, I would expect a parking lot view, and be very pleasantly surprised if I received a better view. We have stayed at KV several times, and never had a CM show us options of available rooms. Our villa was preassigned each and every time. In fact, our last stay we were assigned a villa on the Pembe Savannah (which has no giraffes or zebras), and the CM had to get a supervisor, and the room assigner on the phone to get us reassigned to a villa on the Sunset Savannah.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
dvc4me27
WDW veteran

I've read too that some of the standard view villas face toward Pembe Savannah. I've enjoyed a wonderful savannah room view last trip but the first year settled for a standard view and was overlooking the pool. Sounds nice but the music was loud 24/7 and we could hear while trying to sleep. I think they turn it down at night now but am not sure. My next trip is scheduled for January. (Still up in the air if we can go because of my job situation.) We have a one bedroom standard view room booked. I figured that in January with the cooler weather, we might not want to be sitting on the balcony as much. Does anyone know if any of the 1BRSV rooms face Pembe?

Last edited by dvc4me27; 10-14-2012 at 07:08 PM.
dvc4me27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Wow thanks everyone for all the great info!!!

Has anyone done online check in at kv? I'm wondering what the choices are under room requests?

Thanks

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
csjordan
Yearning for the Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rznhal View Post
Wow thanks everyone for all the great info!!!

Has anyone done online check in at kv? I'm wondering what the choices are under room requests?

Thanks
I just completed online check in on My Disney Experience and room/amenity requests included Sunset or Pembe views. I wasn't sure which one, so I chose Sunset. Does anyone have a preference between the 2 and why? I've never stayed at AKL, so wasn't sure what to request. Thanks!!

csjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them

good thread,

First year we are going to stay at AKL, and wondering about views as well... we really wanted a Savannah view room, so was thinking we could stay at a Savannah View room.... is it guaranteed that all those marked "Savannah View" room will have balconies to the animal?

Or could it be a luck of the draw that we might/might not get a good view? Kidani is our next option as well....but based on discounts available etc we havn't decided were to stay yet.
n3rf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: