Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Does it take longer to dine at a 2 credits restaurant?

Based on my previous experiences on dining at WDW, most three-course table service (either lunch or dinner), it can be done within an hour.

What about the 2 credits restaurant (Le Celliers, Narcoosssee's, etc), do you think it takes longer to have a three course meal in these restaurants?

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

It's pretty much the same time frame as a normal TS eatery at Le Cellier. Depends on what you order and how you order it. If you want a steak that is well done it will take a little bit longer but not much. Obviously the shows (Hoop-dee-doo and Spirit of Aloha) will be longer. Other than that we have usually been in and out of lunches and dinners in about an hour. Some may be a little over an hour but not by much.

I would have to say that some factors apply.

1. How food is prepared (Well done steaks take longer).
2. How your server/cm's service is (prompt or leisurely)
3. Meal shows are usually 1.5 hours long (Hoop-Dee-Doo/Spirit of Aloha)
4. How big of a hurry you are in. If you order everything (app, entree, desert) and the server/cm puts it all in at the same time, you can get your check when they come by for refills of drinks. Usually works well if you do not order alcohol. We have been in and out of an eatery in 30 minutes to make the start of Illuminations before. That was with a diner reservation at Le Cellier at 8 pm.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Honestly, I think it depends on whether you want to eat or dine. If you just want to sit down, eat fast and get out, most restaurants will be happy to accommodate you. At a signature restaurant, simply make your wishes known.

Having said that, though, we prefer to dine at the signatures. Servers are much more likely to provide a leisurely meal so that you can enjoy the experience as much as the food. We usually eat at a regular restaurant in an hour or so. At signatures where we usually have a pre dinner drink, a 3 course meal, and then an after dinner drink or coffee, we will usually be closer to 2 hours.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier will try to RUSH you. Your meal will be delivered about 2 minutes after your appetizer and just be piled on the table, and after you take a few bites of steak the waiter will run by to see if you want desert and drop off the check!

At the other "signature" places the service is more in line with "fine dining" and the service is slower (AKA as you finish the first course before the second is presented) and it does take longer which is should.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Honestly, I think it depends on whether you want to eat or dine....
I think this is the best way to put it. When we eat at a 1TS restaurant, we are just looking to eat and go... usually takes less than 45 minutes for 2 of us. When we dine at Signatures, we so them so that we can sit, relax, take our time and truely enjoy the downtime in a far more peaceful setting than most other restaurants on property. It can easily take us 2 hours for a full meal.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
DEA
DIS Veteran

It really varies. I've had a 2 hour meal at Flying Fish, and I've had a 45 minute meal at Artist Point. Neither one seemed particularly slow or fast; there were more people and more chatter at the FF dinner, and the courses moved a lot faster at AP. They weren't putting down the entrées when we were still eating appetizers at AP, but there was less interstitial time between courses.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Honestly, I think it depends on whether you want to eat or dine.
I agree as well. The servers will pace the meal according to the cues you give them. So if you want to eat fast, I'm sure they'll bring out your food quickly. My family likes to eat sit down meals and I usually budget about 60-90 minutes for a regular TS dinner and 90-120 minutes for a Signature. The number of courses is the same (two to three), but we like to take things more slowly at the Signatures.

In park Signatures (like Le Cellier, HBD) are more like a regular in-park TS restaurant in terms of timing. They tend to move faster, but not so much so that we felt rushed. Our Le Cellier dinner still took about 90 minutes (three courses). HBD was faster, but we only had two courses there.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: