Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
cwhite92
DCP Alum 2011

The carry on bag is perfect for on a plane, it holds tons and fits under the seat!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
Granfan
DIS Veteran

I find the online sale prices are always better than our local store that sells them even when the store runs sales. Shipping can be free under certain conditions, too. I used the carry on size and a crossbody bag for my 5 day trip and had no checked luggage.
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #18
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

The Get Carried Away bag is one of my favorites!! Lots of pockets and some are plastic lined. Also has a breakaway zipper to close it!! Have used that as my carry on for the airline. Keeps my Vera Bradley Tech organizer, a large make up bag, tablet, small cosmetic and leaves room for jackets and other stuff. Also,
Has served as a snack bag for dance competitions.
Very versatile!!!
Angiea1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #19
PrincessSamanthaC
Mouseketeer

I like the cross body bags

Nov 05' ASM, Nov 07' PC, Oct 09' CS, Nov 10' AKL Oct 11' BC, Aug 12' BC Aug 13' BC, Aug 14' GF
PrincessSamanthaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #20
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

I am relatively new to VB, but quickly fell for her products! I got a hipster as a gift for my SIL and got hooked then. I am lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from an outlet or as my wallet thinks, unlucky, lol. I was really lucky and had received a $20 email discount after signing up for the newsletter, have bought 2 off of Ebay for $1.97 each and I also received a $25 off $75 in the mail. Our outlet has 50% off a few times a year and you can use the coupons on top of the sale. I like the travel wallet as a regular wallet, and LOVE the Get Carried Away tote, Miller and Weekender bags! Just today I went in to get gifts for graduations/Mother's Day/BDay we have coming up, (I like the coin purse and put a gift card in there or the wristlets if I can get a good deal)Now..keep in mind I was getting gifts for various things, and I was able to make 4 separate purchases and use $85 in coupons.
4 weekenders
1 get carried away
1 miller bag
1 hipster
1 mini hipster
1 zip ID
1 coin purse
1 all in one wristlet
1 travel wallet

My total was just under 300 for 10 gifts for Mother's Day, Graduations and one birthday, one Christmas...the Weekenders were the best , under $34 each and in colors I loved (lemon parfait, Island Blooms, Lime's Up and Very Berry Paisley)
I am keeping the Get Carried Away and all in one wristlet. I had a $50 Visa gift card that I received at Christmas so I finally used it, only needing to add $2.67.

I REALLY like the Plum Crazy pattern, but the new patterns are not at the outlet ~that said, the Island Blooms and Limes Up are perfect for the Grad's heading to College and the others are paisley patterns which I am partial to.
I recommend the Get Carried away bag or Weekender for travel. The Miller bag is nice, and I think it has one of the best zippers , but just a smidge too small as a carry on for me. I like the shoulder strap in the weekender and the rounded style, however the Get Carried Away is larger, has nice padded straps and 2 of the pockets are plastic lined. I have a trip in July and can't wait to use it.

Now..I know $300 does not exactly scream budget but I have looked at other brands of Totes, carry-ons etc. and I think to get any of the travel bags under $50 is very competitively priced. I am so excited to have gotten a ton of gifts taken care of that I know the recipients will be thrilled over ( they are all Vera fan's) and the great policy that they can exchange for a different pattern or whatever makes it even better.
I do plan on Scotch-guarding my bag, and one DISer suggested a product called "camp-out" from WalMart so I may try that.

I don't know if you have a store called "Clothes Mentor" near you, it's resale~ but ours gets a lot of VB bags in, maybe look into that as well?

No matter what bag you choose, I think you will like it.
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #21
msmileyface
Mouseketeer

I am debating on whether to purchase the backpack (it's the small Vera backpack), or the "double zip backpack". I'm leaning toward the small one, because I don't want to carry too much, but who the heck knows! Anyone use the small backpack?

http://www.verabradley.com/product/C...s?fromSearch=1
msmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #22
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmileyface
I am debating on whether to purchase the backpack (it's the small Vera backpack), or the "double zip backpack". I'm leaning toward the small one, because I don't want to carry too much, but who the heck knows! Anyone use the small backpack?

http://www.verabradley.com/product/C...s?fromSearch=1
I ordered the backpack yesterday. I can let you know what I think when it gets here. Planning to use it as a diaper bag when baby is in the ergo.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #23
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
We have a local store that sells them. They're beautiful and there's such an overwhelming selection. However, I'm not a fan of the price so I won't ever buy one. Cute bags though!
Go to their website, they have deep discounts on fabrics that are not the current season. My daughters and I have many of their bags but we ordered all of them for 25% off or more! We even buy gifts for other people this way. Teen girls really like a cute make-up bag with some nail polish and lip gloss, makes a great birthday present!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #24
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
I am relatively new to VB, but quickly fell for her products! I got a hipster as a gift for my SIL and got hooked then. I am lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from an outlet or as my wallet thinks, unlucky, lol. I was really lucky and had received a $20 email discount after signing up for the newsletter, have bought 2 off of Ebay for $1.97 each and I also received a $25 off $75 in the mail. Our outlet has 50% off a few times a year and you can use the coupons on top of the sale. I like the travel wallet as a regular wallet, and LOVE the Get Carried Away tote, Miller and Weekender bags! Just today I went in to get gifts for graduations/Mother's Day/BDay we have coming up, (I like the coin purse and put a gift card in there or the wristlets if I can get a good deal)Now..keep in mind I was getting gifts for various things, and I was able to make 4 separate purchases and use $85 in coupons.
4 weekenders
1 get carried away
1 miller bag
1 hipster
1 mini hipster
1 zip ID
1 coin purse
1 all in one wristlet
1 travel wallet

My total was just under 300 for 10 gifts for Mother's Day, Graduations and one birthday, one Christmas...the Weekenders were the best , under $34 each and in colors I loved (lemon parfait, Island Blooms, Lime's Up and Very Berry Paisley)
I am keeping the Get Carried Away and all in one wristlet. I had a $50 Visa gift card that I received at Christmas so I finally used it, only needing to add $2.67.

I REALLY like the Plum Crazy pattern, but the new patterns are not at the outlet ~that said, the Island Blooms and Limes Up are perfect for the Grad's heading to College and the others are paisley patterns which I am partial to.
I recommend the Get Carried away bag or Weekender for travel. The Miller bag is nice, and I think it has one of the best zippers , but just a smidge too small as a carry on for me. I like the shoulder strap in the weekender and the rounded style, however the Get Carried Away is larger, has nice padded straps and 2 of the pockets are plastic lined. I have a trip in July and can't wait to use it.

Now..I know $300 does not exactly scream budget but I have looked at other brands of Totes, carry-ons etc. and I think to get any of the travel bags under $50 is very competitively priced. I am so excited to have gotten a ton of gifts taken care of that I know the recipients will be thrilled over ( they are all Vera fan's) and the great policy that they can exchange for a different pattern or whatever makes it even better.
I do plan on Scotch-guarding my bag, and one DISer suggested a product called "camp-out" from WalMart so I may try that.

I don't know if you have a store called "Clothes Mentor" near you, it's resale~ but ours gets a lot of VB bags in, maybe look into that as well?

No matter what bag you choose, I think you will like it.
We don't have an outlet here, but you can order the previous season's items online from Vera at a pretty great discount!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceemouse View Post
We don't have an outlet here, but you can order the previous season's items online from Vera at a pretty great discount!
Hi Laceemouse! How's Texas?

I like so many of the Vera patterns..it's like I've been possessed, lol. I was not really interested in the line, thought they were grandma-ish. My SIL gave me a travel wallet 2 years ago as a Christmas gift and I thought the fabric was so cute (very berry paisley) Then I bought a hipster for my SIL as a gift, mostly because they are lightweight, washable etc. I got her the Mocha Rouge and kept thinking about it and admiring it after I gave it to her. She gets tons of compliments on it. I think I have been desperate for bright colors and happy things lately, and since we haven't been able to plan any WDW trips I think VB has taken over the brain space that was used for park/trip planning
I apparently like paisley and never knew Favorite patterns of mine are Lemon Parfait, Peacock, Very Berry Paisley, and of current ones~ Plum Crazy, Lime's Up, and Island Blooms. I have a weekender that I just picked up at the outlet (one that was under $33 ) and the clerk told me if I REALLY want Plum Crazy, and can hold out not using the bag...to just keep checking for when they start to get them in and I can even-exchange! I don;t know if I can wait, but I'm gonna try. They already have Lime's Up and Island Blooms at the outlet so I am hoping Plum Crazy isn't too far off
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #26
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
Hi Laceemouse! How's Texas?
Oh fine! How are you?
We have been in this house 7 1/2 years, longer than any house ever before in 25 years of marriage!

I always tell people the cost of living here is cheap and there are lots of good jobs and we love the friends we have made here but we are WAY too far away from the beach and Disney!

We had planned on retiring to Florida but now our oldest daughter is married and they bought a house here, our second daughter is about to finish college and start working here, etc. We may be stuck here, but it isn't a terrible place to be stuck
Old 04-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #27
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones View Post
Does anyone have a tote they prefer or recommend? I wish there was a picture of the bags on a shoulder so I could gage the size. I can't picture how big it is from measurements.....
Try looking on web sites which sell this brand; they often have photos of models holding bags. Start with ebags.com; I know they have them.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: