Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

Vera Bradley - anyone a fan?

I am normally not a fan of floral, girly fabrics but for some reason I really love her bags. Weird I know!

Anyway I have the mini hipster and now I'm wanting a tote sized bag.

Does anyone have a tote they prefer or recommend? I wish there was a picture of the bags on a shoulder so I could gage the size. I can't picture how big it is from measurements.

I basically want it for my purse on our flights, for lugging snacks & extras to soccer games.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

My favorite one to use when I travel is the Miller Bag. Its big enough to hold lots, but not too big to carry easily.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Kristian
Mouseketeer

I am a huge fan of Vera bags. I use my hipster and mini hipsters quite a bit for going to the mall, grocery shopping and small outings like that. I also have the "Vera" tote and I love it. It's not her biggest tote by far, but it does hold a good amount of things. I use it when going on outings to the park with my dd. She's 4 and she likes to carry a few sand toys with her to play in the gravel with. I also use it to take to the soccer field like that for snacks and such. I'm not big on floral prints either, but I really do love everything Vera. I'm looking into purchasing a Vera book bag just to have for traveling...mainly for Disney. I like having a cross body, but I tend to want to take it off and hang it on the stroller when were walking through the parks and I really don't know why

I'm not sure if your looking for somewhat of a bigger tote from the "Vera" bag, but I just wanted to note that it works well for me and it's not so big that if I wanted to use it for everyday use, I could do so.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

I'm a huge fan of Vera Bradley Bags. I have several bags that I switch on using every month. But I love when I get a good deal on them. The one I'm hoping to find a good deal on is a Get Carried Away bag. I'd love to use that for my overnight bags. Right now for my overnight bag I use the diaper bag because it has many pockets in it. Plus it doesn't look like a diaper bag. Since I'm using my new small camera for Disney this year I'm probably going to use my Hipster bag this year.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP

Trip Reports:
TR IN Progress-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: Updated 6/3 Epcot Day Part 3!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

I got the Laura style for a recent trip. It was perfect, not too big, but large enough to hold all the necessities for the plane trip. It's easy to get into and has lots of pockets for staying organized. It's my new favorite travel bag.
hildarumpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

We have a local store that sells them. They're beautiful and there's such an overwhelming selection. However, I'm not a fan of the price so I won't ever buy one. Cute bags though!
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

I am a huge Vera Bradley fan. I recommend the pleated tote. I use it for snacks, drinks, and few toys to keep the kiddos happy! I usually buy on ebay though. You can get some great gently used bags for much less!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGal24 View Post
I am a huge Vera Bradley fan. I recommend the pleated tote. I use it for snacks, drinks, and few toys to keep the kiddos happy! I usually buy on ebay though. You can get some great gently used bags for much less!

I have looked on EBay, but usually the price to ship to Canada is ridiculous for some reason
Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
LauraGraig
Earning My Ears

I own quite a few Vera Bradley bags but my favorite is the On the Go tote bag.
LauraGraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones View Post

I have looked on EBay, but usually the price to ship to Canada is ridiculous for some reason
If you are still looking the Vera Bradley website has many sale items. Patterns and styles are retired and discounted. Check it out!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
MAPOrocks
Mouseketeer

just wanted to make sure that you knew that Vera Bradley is coming out with two mickey and minnie mouse themed patterns in the Fall! I cannot wait! I love the Hipster for the Parks.
MAPOrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #12
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
I'm a huge fan of Vera Bradley Bags. I have several bags that I switch on using every month. But I love when I get a good deal on them. The one I'm hoping to find a good deal on is a Get Carried Away bag. I'd love to use that for my overnight bags. Right now for my overnight bag I use the diaper bag because it has many pockets in it. Plus it doesn't look like a diaper bag. Since I'm using my new small camera for Disney this year I'm probably going to use my Hipster bag this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
We have a local store that sells them. They're beautiful and there's such an overwhelming selection. However, I'm not a fan of the price so I won't ever buy one. Cute bags though!
I'm a huge fan of all the VB bags and have a whole closet in my spare bedroom stuffed with their bags. I seldom ever pay full price for any of them though. I get them on ebay or else when the VB site has them on sale for 40%-50% off. A few months ago, when they had the Mocha Rouge print on sale, I got the 22" spinner, a weekender, and tons of the accessories in that print, so even though I spent alot, I got a whole set of the same print for a great deal. I've also picked up alot of the Very Berry Paisley print when the site ran it for 50% off, getting a grand traveler, a weekender, a small duffel, and again tons of accessories. When they are 50% off, they are hard to pass up. Recently I've also gotten some really good deals on ebay for the Provencal print and now have a whole set in it, including another grand traveler, weekender, and most of the accessories. A couple of years ago I picked up a weekender, small duffel, the Get Carried Away bag, and a few accessories on ebay for some really good prices in the English Meadow print, when they had it on sale. I also picked up a 22" rolling duffel, a couple of regular duffels and alot of the accessories several years ago when the site had the Blue Rhapsody print on sale.

I love the large backpacks and the old Villagers to carry to work. I like the mini hipsters and any of the wristlets for the parks. My favorite one is the double sided ID wristlet that they discontinued a year or so ago though. However, most of the time I just carry a zip ID in my cargo pockets. It's just big enough to hold my ID, room key, AP, CC, and a little cash. I carry very little in my daily bag, (usually just a wallet), so love the old Amy style purses or the Frannie. I love how small they are and that they are crossbody, so I can't lay them down anywhere. Anytime, I go to Orlando, I make a trip over to the VB outlet store over at the outlet mall on Vineland and pick up a few things.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-24-2013 at 03:40 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
SandyinMonterey
Mouseketeer

Go to QVC.com and search Vera Bradley. There is one called the travel bag and comes with a slim cosmetic case. Highly recommend and customer top rated on QVC.
SandyinMonterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
karen624
Mouseketeer

My favorite tote is the Laura. I feel that it has plenty of storage/organization inside so that it does not become a black hole.
karen624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
ah1126
DIS Veteran

I have the "tote" and another tote about the same size, but it has a zipper.I love them both!

When I am looking at the size of a bag, I think of a piece of paper 8 1/2x11 (it is easy to think of how big it is) and compare it to the bags dimensions.
ah1126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: