Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
csjordan
Yearning for the Ears

MDE Online Check In Room Request

OK, so I just finished online check in for week after next stay at AKL. Rented DVC points for 2 nights. I chose Sunset Savannah view and close to lobby for room requests. They only allow you 2 choices out of about 5 or so. I changed my mind about "close to the lobby" and went back in to edit the request, but it doesn't give me the option to change that part of the check in. I can change others, but not room requests.

Does anyone know whether or not you can make those changes, and, if so, how? Thanks so much!!

csjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

I don't think you can change them, once you've submitted....

This is one of the main reasons I don't like (or use) online check-in. The old-fashioned fax to the resort is still the best option, from my experience.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
csjordan
Yearning for the Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post
I don't think you can change them, once you've submitted....

This is one of the main reasons I don't like (or use) online check-in. The old-fashioned fax to the resort is still the best option, from my experience.
Well darn!

I guess I'll get what I get.

We are only staying a couple of days, so it really doesn't matter to me. Was just surprised I could edit everything but that!

Thanks for the response!

Carole

Old 03-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

The member that you rented from can call Member Services and update your requests. That's really your only option, other than waiting to arrive at the resort and seeing what you get. If you don't care for the location, you can ask the CM to check for a room that better suits your needs. Unless the resort is full, they're usually able to accommodate you.

BTW, DVC resorts don't accept faxed requests; they informed members some years ago that any faxed room requests would be discarded.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
csjordan
Yearning for the Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
The member that you rented from can call Member Services and update your requests. That's really your only option, other than waiting to arrive at the resort and seeing what you get. If you don't care for the location, you can ask the CM to check for a room that better suits your needs. Unless the resort is full, they're usually able to accommodate you.

BTW, DVC resorts don't accept faxed requests; they informed members some years ago that any faxed room requests would be discarded.
Thanks for the information! As I said, I really don't care that much, as we won't be spending a lot of time in the room. I have never faxed a resort with room requests. I only filled out the online one because it offered alternatives and I thought it would be neat to possibly get a savannah view.

Should be interesting to see what we get!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: