Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #31
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

I'm following your trip report! I love hearing about all the fun ya'll are having with the New Fantasyland and BLT. I'm sorry to hear you had a stomach bug on vacation.

TX Momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #32
disney1474
DIS Veteran

Great pictures..keep em coming!!
Can't wait to try BLT in 30 days.
And yes...I question why I live in CT and not FL also!!

DVC MEMBERS AT AKV SINCE MAY 2007
disney1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #33
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Stomach bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Momof2 View Post
I'm following your trip report! I love hearing about all the fun ya'll are having with the New Fantasyland and BLT. I'm sorry to hear you had a stomach bug on vacation.
I always worry an illness will impact our trip. This was a bump in the road but did not derail us one bit. DD was a real trouper. Thanks!

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #34
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Blt

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1474 View Post
Great pictures..keep em coming!!
Can't wait to try BLT in 30 days.
And yes...I question why I live in CT and not FL also!!
I think there are two camps when it comes to BLT. There are some who don't care for the decor, lack of theming or that it's not laid back enough. For us, location is the most important thing and BLT fits us just great. DW and DD love the decor and vibe at BLT. It's just a cool area to live on vacation. It's in the heart of the MK resort area and we love it. I hope you love it too !

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #35
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
lindsayx14
Earning My Ears

First of all, Dad, it's "Figment", not "Phigment"! Tisk tisk!!
Here's some of our photopass photos and pictures from my iPhone. They're a bit out of order but there's some good ones in there!

We love the BTL because of the easy access to MK!

We love our Epcot too

Pictures such as this are a result of me yelling "STOP! STAND BY THE SIGN!"

My mom and I love being Honorary Bugs

Our Disney Ladies living the good life at AK

Taken just as we were leaving the park early in the morning, after our backstage tour

Dad in the Mexico Pavilion building, before learning to shoot tequila!

Mom & Daughter

Making memories

My Dad and I love spending time together in Disney, and though we didn't get much time to wander off by ourselves we still got some nice pictures of just the two of us. Love you, Dad!

One of my favorite special parts of MK is Push the trash bin in Tomorrowland. I had fun watching this little kid taking to push, but I also love watching the plant, in his typical hoodie, hat and messenger bag, which looks less out of place in the colder weather!

I have plenty more pictures to share later!

Last edited by lindsayx14; 04-01-2013 at 03:15 PM.
lindsayx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #37
DVC_Dreamer

Nice Surprise

Nice to see my DD adding to my pictorial trip report and correcting me. I'm so glad we purchased the Photo Pass pictures.
Push is one of my favorites too. I did take some cute video of him and the kids.
I like your post especially since I lost my day 6 post when my browser froze on me. Now, I have to recreate it.
Thanks DD, Love you too!!!

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #38
disney1474
DIS Veteran

Of all the times we've been to Disney, we never saw Push the trash bin!
You and your daughter make a great team...keep the photos coming

DVC MEMBERS AT AKV SINCE MAY 2007
disney1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #39
DVC_Dreamer

Day Six - Lions, Tigers, Gorillas and 3 Parks

Thursday, day six, was another gorgeous day. The weather had gone from cool to beautiful as the week progressed. We got up early for a bus ride to Animal Kingdom to take the Backstage Safari tour. We were the only four people on the bus and made it in plenty of time for our 8:15 am meet up with the tour. The tour meets to the left of the opening gate. You gather with the tour guides as they log you in and give you a headset used for hearing the tour guide. We entered the park and spent some time getting to know each other. Our tour guides, Jayne and Mark, were a married, retired, teachers from Ohio. They were very nice and knowledgable of the park. We spent a little time checking out some of the early scenes at the front of the park. Many of the animals were not around this early.

Still, it's a pretty part of the park that many bypass quickly.

We went backstage and climbed into two vans. We drove over to the rhino "barn". We're not allowed pictures in the backstage area. In the rhino barn, we bypass one rhino who is resting. We learn from the keeper that he's old and not feeling well today. The keeper spends a lot of time with us explaining the care and training of the animals. They recently had a "dentist" work on his teeth. A local guy they just started using and he was very good with the large animal teeth. These animals get better treatment than I do. Did you know that a White Rhino got his name because we misunderstood the word Wide? His mouth is wide and we thought they said white.
There's a rhino in the pen next to us and he's very sweet. They remind me of a large cow. They have a certain calmness and seem to enjoy our company. DW sweet talks a little with him.
After the Rhino, we visit the Elephant barn. A young lady handler spends some time explaining the training and care of the elephants. We can see some of them working with the handlers. They go through training so they can be called back from the Safari at the end of the day for starters. There are yellow lines around their pens so the handlers can understand how far their trunks can reach. Elephants are notorious for grabbing things within their reach. Our guides show us a fake tail with real elephant hair, a tusk and some fake elephant poop.
Next, we visit the nutrition center. Again, great care in preparation for the food the animals get. The same vendor who supplies the people restaurants, supplies the nutrition center. The center services AK but also the aquarium at EPCOT for some items. They're packing box lunches when we arrive. DD is a little upset when she's surprised by some of the carnivore lunch on the table. Frozen baby chicks.
At the veterinarian station, we get to meet one of the head veterinarians. They're preparing for a tiger's annual checkup. If you go to Rafiki's area in the park, you can actually view much of the work in this area. Again, I'm amazed at the attention to detail and care of the animals.
After our backstage tour, we get a private Safari. It's the same Safari only with our guides and they share some of the Disney secrets. They point out where the animals come out from their barns for instance.

Lots of Gators

Disney magic trees

Baby elephant

After riding the safari bus, we stop off at this site that I've never noticed before and we get a good view of a resting gorilla. I love watching the gorillas. This is where we ended our tour.

I enjoyed the tour. This was our third time doing a tour. We've done the MK and EPCOT tours in the past. If you enjoy learning about some of the secrets to the magic and how the parks are managed, these tours are great.
After the 3 hour tour, we grabbed a bus to EPCOT. Fun that we were able to cover three parks in one day.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 04-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #40
DVC_Dreamer

Day 6 continued ... EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival

After Animal Kingdom tour, we took the bus to EPCOT to take in some of the Flower & Garden festival. It was a great day to be at EPCOT but when is it not a great day to be at EPCOT. Thinking about it now, Flower & Garden festival might even be better than Food & Wine. Or at least, the two festivals have a lot in common. Food, drinks and extra music acts are at both festivals. I don't spend extra for the sessions so it's a very similar experience. The park looks great for Spring.

The butterfly garden was open now and it was very nice.

It's just a beautiful day at EPCOT.

Food kiosks are open and I try a salmon biscuit in England

Looks like the hot air balloon from Downtown Disney. It was cool to view it from EPCOT.

On our way to France, nice topiary's.

Pink frozen drink in France.

We get in the act.

Between a few drinks, playing Phineaus and Ferb and hanging with some Disboards friends, we catch this act twice.

Fun to meet fellow Disney DVC fanatics.

DD and I head over to England to do some shopping. I like to collect beer fridge magnets. I picked up a Coke bottle opener for my garage fridge earlier in week. Now, I have to get a couple Guinness openers.
We catch an act of Romeo and Edna. We'd not seen this one before. The show was fun and the "actors" from the crowd did a great job.

We have a 3:30 reservation at Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom … Let's not leave the Beast waiting... You know how grumpy he can be.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #41
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Still enjoying your trip report! These reports are keeping me going. We took last year off from Disney and it was the first time since becoming members. Since we normally go once a year - it will be now be two years when we go back in November! Don't think I will be able to wait that long ever again. Silly question, how do you know if someone else is DIS member? Did I at one time see some sort of key tags that some people use? Would be fun to meet up with some other DIS or DVC members on our next trip.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #42
DVC_Dreamer

Day Six continued - 3rd park in one day

I'd like to stay longer at EPCOT because I'm enjoying the festival. Alas, we've been invited by a "Beast" to "Be His Guest" at his new castle.
We have a 3:30 reservation for dinner.

There's a line outside of people trying to get in without reservations but we bypass them rather quickly.

It seems the Beast has other guests today.

The ballroom is packed.

I noticed some treats on my way in.

The Beast is a little stand offish at first.
We get a glimpse of him from our West Wing table.

A fine meal indeed is prepared for us including this French Onion soup for starters.

We have a nice waitress from CT and the entree's arrive.

Steak was my main meal all week.

We taste some of the desserts.

A congratulations treat for DD (Dean's List)

After dinner and on our way out, the Beast invites us in for a picture.
He's a bit intimidating at first, but warms up to us in the end.
I'd say it was a very nice dinner all around. Thanks Beast for letting us "Be Your Guest" !

After dinner, we finally get a chance to ride Haunted Mansion with little wait time.

DD and I walk home to BLT. We've had a full day of a tour in AK, EPCOT Flower and Garden and a nice new restaurant at MK. I'd say that's a good day!
DW and DSIL stick around a little at MK to watch the Electric Parade. DD watches Wishes from our BLT room balcony. I lay down on the bed to shut my eyes and end up not getting up till morning.
Friday, we have a full day planned at Magic Kingdom. We have a 6pm Magic Express reservation for the airport. We really have plenty of time to enjoy the park one last time… stay tuned for the finale.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 04-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #43
DVC_Dreamer

Oh, the waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Still enjoying your trip report! These reports are keeping me going. We took last year off from Disney and it was the first time since becoming members. Since we normally go once a year - it will be now be two years when we go back in November! Don't think I will be able to wait that long ever again. Silly question, how do you know if someone else is DIS member? Did I at one time see some sort of key tags that some people use? Would be fun to meet up with some other DIS or DVC members on our next trip.
I'm can relate because I'm not very patient. Especially, when it comes to an upcoming Disney trip. There is a lot of time to plan and enjoy the anticipation and then it's over so quick.
I'm not sure how others meetup from the DIS. DW told me she first started commenting on a trip report. The author eventually started a Facebook site for losing weight and she joined. She knew he'd be at WDW same time and we shared text messages when we were in the park... That's it...
Enjoy!

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 04-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #44
DVC_Dreamer

Last Day - A perfect and final day at Magic Kingdom

Last Day - A perfect and final day at Magic Kingdom

We have a 6:30 Magical Express reservation for the airport. This gives us plenty of time to enjoy Magic Kingdom one more time. We're up early enough to barely make rope drop. It's another beautiful day.

Clear blue skies and it's in the low 70's today.

Looking back at the castle on our way to FantasyLand.

Some ladies getting ready for the ball.

Too cute.

Before doing new FantasyLand we ride Peter Pan and Pooh with no wait.

Ariel's ride is a great place to take pictures while in a line.

A good shot of the new roller coaster under construction.

FantasyLand is yet to crowd up and we walk on Small World easily.

Some Polynesian Small World

The new FantasyLand landscape is great.

DSIL joins us and we have a snack at Gaston's

Getting serious.

Pork shank, brew and cinnamon bun.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hungry appetite

The day is just about half over but more fun still to go...

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
thptrek
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the great TR. We are just new DVC members at BLT and we chose it because of the location. Seeing your pictures and reading your TR confirms we've made the right choice. Best wishes ....

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
thptrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: