Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To . . .

1) No, not "The Forum". (If you are old enough to remember it.)

2) On the way to Tusker House for Lunch.
3) The love birds were in a "loving mood" today.
4) It is their "season".
5) Daughter asked what was happening.
6) Mother to Young Daughter just in front of me . . .
. . . remember our Bambi movie?
. . . remember twitter-pated?
. . . no, Dear, not the "texting" thing!
. . . the Spring Time birdies and bunnies thing!

7) Oh, how times and word meanings have changed!
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

twitterpated

Last edited by Robo; 03-18-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

I saw that movie in London in 1967. A bunch of us had been spending the afternoon, let's just say, lightening our spirits and decided to catch a cab and go to a movie. Just getting there was fun enough, riding in one of those back facing seats at what seemed like 100 miles per hour, (but it couldn't have been because they use the metric system), while traveling on the wrong side of the road during an extreme session of spirit enlightening.

Then we saw the movie and I believed it to be the funniest thing I had ever seen in my life. When we got back to the states we all told our friends how hilarious it was and went again. This time we didn't have the benefit of the spirit lifter and frankly it was nowhere near as funny.

So A funny thing happened on our way to the first showing! Not so much the second.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
I saw that movie in London in 1967. A bunch of us had been spending the afternoon, let's just say, lightening our spirits and decided to catch a cab and go to a movie. Just getting there was fun enough, riding in one of those back facing seats at what seemed like 100 miles per hour, (but it couldn't have been because they use the metric system), while traveling on the wrong side of the road during an extreme session of spirit enlightening.

Then we saw the movie and I believed it to be the funniest thing I had ever seen in my life. When we got back to the states we all told our friends how hilarious it was and went again. This time we didn't have the benefit of the spirit lifter and frankly it was nowhere near as funny.

So A funny thing happened on our way to the first showing! Not so much the second.
In 1967, I believe they were still using Imperial standards of measure...
Old 03-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

twitterpated

Last edited by Robo; 03-18-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I actually used the term twitter pated the other day (at 26 years old) and the person I was talking to had no idea what it meant. Unfortunately, they STILL didn't understand it even when I said it again in a lovey dovey voice with the appropriate hand flappy motion. What is this world coming to....
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

I love this thread. Except for the fact that I now feel doubly old.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
Disney Fool

The name says it all

We won't even begin to discuss "mare's sweat". and who would have thunk that Michael Crawford would go on to become the Phantom of the Opera!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Well, I am only 24 but I am a theater nerd and was raised on Bambi, so I love everything about this thread! LockShockBarrel, I use the term twitterpated too, but unfortunately people rarely know what I'm talking about! Kids these days...

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
sammons70
Mouseketeer

I fail to see how this thread has anything to do with trip planning, theme parks or attractions. I implore admin to remove it.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #11
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We were on the Safari at AK last year when the lion and lioness were becoming "Twitter-pated". The CM started singing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #12
bfamily5
Yes, I need another guide book...it's part of the process

Hubby uses this term a lot I thought he made it up - I know what it means, but I thought it was one of those cute made up words couples have - thanks for enlightening me

POR - Mar 2014.. us and the whole state of LA
CBR - Sept 2012..Just the 2 of us
POR - Sept 2011..Honey, I'm Home!
POR - Nov, 2009..Disney Love at first Sight!
Me: DH, DD(20), DD(17), DS (14)..
bfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #13
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

I think I can return this thread (which is still a miniature piece of awesomeness) to the theme park attraction and strategies topic.

I saw A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum with my grandmother. Bambi was her favorite Disney movie and so, when she took me on my very first trip to Disney World when I was a very young teenager, I bought her a ceramic figure of Bambi turned around to look at a butterfly on his tail. Bambi sat in a prime position in her curio cabinet until she passed away. Bambi now sits on my mantle, the only piece of Disney memorabilia in my house.

My question. Has there ever been a Bambi themed attraction at the World (or the Land)? Do the characters ever appear at special events?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMe View Post
I think I can return this thread (which is still a miniature piece of awesomeness) to the theme park attraction and strategies topic.

I saw A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum with my grandmother. Bambi was her favorite Disney movie and so, when she took me on my very first trip to Disney World when I was a very young teenager, I bought her a ceramic figure of Bambi turned around to look at a butterfly on his tail. Bambi sat in a prime position in her curio cabinet until she passed away. Bambi now sits on my mantle, the only piece of Disney memorabilia in my house.

My question. Has there ever been a Bambi themed attraction at the World (or the Land)? Do the characters ever appear at special events?
Last year the butterfly garden at Epcot's F&G Fest was Bambi-themed, but that's the only thing I know of as far as attractions go. Shame, really - I guess it's probably not as popular with most children these days, but I'd enjoy something based on Bambi. Thumper and Miss Bunny used to meet at AK but were retired last year. I'd love to meet Thumper and Flower!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
. . . I guess it's probably not as popular with most children these days, but I'd enjoy something based on Bambi. Thumper and Miss Bunny used to meet at AK but were retired last year . . .
1) Isn't it a shame that such "older" characters are being removed?
2) I guess that was just a different time of more innocence.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: