Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #16
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'm not sure that I have anything worthwhile to contribute here but I will say that I was raised Catholic and didn't find their comment to be offensive. I also agree with the posters that individuals can be offended by some comments that others don't even notice. The OP is certainly entitled to their position. So am I.

As Amy said above, I won't let a particular comment stop me from listening to what is a very entertaining podcast.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

I'm Catholic and was not offended in the least. That's not to suggest that OP isn't entitled to his own reaction. It's not a PC podcast. The team jokes around, and I wouldn't want any of them to feel like they have to censor themselves to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheltenham View Post
To those who are saying that the dis-crew jokes about everyone, can you point me to times when they "joked" about African Americans or Muslims or the disabled?
Hello, I am "the disabled." Pete and the podcast team joke about me and my wheelchair all the time. It is hilarious! I absolutely love it. The team's sense of humor is awesome.

Speaking only for myself......I personally do not believe in political correctness at all. I find political correctness to be annoying. I also feel that today's society, as a whole, has gotten too uptight. Life is too short to get upset over a person's comments.

The show is what it is, and the team are who they are. Anyone who is upset by it, just should not listen. The show has been successful for many years with the same brand of humor. I hope it continues for years to come.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #19
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jett View Post
Hello, I am "the disabled." Pete and the podcast team joke about me and my wheelchair all the time. It is hilarious! I absolutely love it. The team's sense of humor is awesome.

Speaking only for myself......I personally do not believe in political correctness at all. I find political correctness to be annoying. I also feel that today's society, as a whole, has gotten too uptight. Life is too short to get upset over a person's comments.

The show is what it is, and the team are who they are. Anyone who is upset by it, just should not listen. The show has been successful for many years with the same brand of humor. I hope it continues for years to come.
Thank you Skip. I've heard you on the show many times. I've never had the pleasure of meeting you but you sound like a great guy. I appreciate your attitude.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Me, DW, DD and MIL with cast of Festival of the Lion King, 11/10/06
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #20
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve View Post
Thank you Skip. I've heard you on the show many times. I've never had the pleasure of meeting you but you sound like a great guy. I appreciate your attitude.
I have met Skip and he is a great guy. He also has a great attitude. Don't sweat the small stuff. Sometimes the team makes off the cuff comments, I imagine sometimes someone gets offended, there are bigger things to worry about it. It's the style of the show, always has been really. There are other options out there.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Quote:

What a great post and refreshing attitude.
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #22
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Among the other examples provided -I'm fairly certain there was a Muslim joke in the mix as well.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #23
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:

Once again, I wish there was a great big LIKE button.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #24
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
Among the other examples provided -I'm fairly certain there was a Muslim joke in the mix as well.
I seem to recall a rant when the issue came up about the cast member who sued about not being allowed to wear her Muslim headdress on stage. I don't remember the specifics but there may have been some comments made that some may have found offensive.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Me, DW, DD and MIL with cast of Festival of the Lion King, 11/10/06
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #25
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve View Post
I seem to recall a rant when the issue came up about the cast member who sued about not being allowed to wear her Muslim headdress on stage. I don't remember the specifics but there may have been some comments made that some may have found offensive.
I'm sure "something" can be found on every show that "someone" finds offensive if you look hard enough.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #26
newmouse2008
Bigger is not always better
In my next life, I'm coming back as a man. I need the restExercise Exercise, Red Panties, Red Panties

Quote:

wait...... You are in a wheelchair??

T
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #27
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmouse2008 View Post

T
Saves on gas, so I can buy you tissues.

The day that the podcast team does not rib me is the day they don't give a darn about me.

I adore them all.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #28
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmouse2008 View Post

T
A mobile conveyance?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #29
two-foxes

Love a man in a suit!!!

I remember the comment about the Pope. Being Catholic, I was offended by it. Didn't like it one bit. Now, that being said, I have listened to the podcast since literally day one, have heard the round table change members, change formats for good and bad, but one thing that has always stayed the same...is the honest opinions and lack of political correctness and tactful or sensitive comments on the podcast. I have laughed my butt off to some of the comments they have made and have wanted to turn off the iPod at others...and I reckon I have turned it off once or twice.

I am not here to defend the podcast or the round table. As you can see, they have plenty of followers to do that for them. But don't sweat it. You know your Faith, you know your beliefs and you know what some others think of them. So don't hold on to it...there will be another victim tomorrow. Listen to the show for the info and entertainment. If you get hung up on those comments, this show probably isn't going to be your cup of tea. But, I hear what you're saying...
two-foxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #30
Mickeyflower
I find that The Dis is my happy place many times

Quote:
Saves on gas, so I can buy you tissues.

The day that the podcast team does not rib me is the day they don't give a darn about me.

I adore them all.

:r otfl2:

And chocolate

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: