Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #151
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
As soon as the spa is open today, I am booking a massage for next weekend....that sounds like heaven!!! I am so happy that you did that for yourself...sounds like your shoulders needed it! I carry my tension there too, makes for some wicked headaches!

Great shots of the ship Darcy and I love that Declan was off with a new friend! I love how quick and easily kids make new friends...hey, wait a sec, I guess we did the same when we met all of you
Thanks Jacquie. It was great that there was a boy at our table that were the same age, they hit it off right away. Sort of like us. I must have been thinking of you guys last night when I was at the duty-free, brought home a bottle of Grey Goose.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #152
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
The spa experience sounds nice!
That Villains show looks fun. And the ship is beautiful.

I'll take pooksma's word on it but it does sound pretty good.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #153
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I liked your picture of that little toy ship that was parked next to you. Looks like something my son plays with in the bathtub the way you're looking down on it.

Your verandah looks like it would have been a nice place to hang out even in port. The view is nice.

I don't know much about the spa/massage stuff, but it looks like it was an enjoyable experience and I'm glad it was.

I really think that villains show would be an awesome show to see. I wish it was something that we could see it in the parks somewhere.

The Villain show would be a good fit for the parks and it would give them a different kind of show. Good idea!

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #154
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post
Great TR. I am booked on the March 2nd 4 night in 2014. So I was excited to see a TR for the same week a year earlier. Can't wait to read the rest!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

Thanks for joining in. I'm sure you will love the cruise, it was a lot of fun.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #155
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Cool that Declan found a buddy to hang out with.

I like the 'walking around at night' pictures. I bet you can look at them and remember those moments so well. Sometimes those quiet times are the most vivid.

The crowd in that pool area - not for me.

I hope they will bring the Villains show to WDW someday. I love Disney shows.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #156
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Cool that Declan found a buddy to hang out with.

I like the 'walking around at night' pictures. I bet you can look at them and remember those moments so well. Sometimes those quiet times are the most vivid.

The crowd in that pool area - not for me.

I hope they will bring the Villains show to WDW someday. I love Disney shows.

The crowd around the pool really wasn't too bad. Even on our sea day you could always find a place to sit, especially if you went up to the next deck over-looking the pool.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #157
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Part 4 - Castaway Cay

My apologizes for the lack of an update this week. I have started this a couple of times but I was still tired from the drive back from Kissimmee and just couldn’t get going.

So today we are at Castaway Cay! What a gorgeous spot to spend the day.

When we woke up we were just about to the dock, we were tied up by 8 am. It was pretty cool to be able to stand out in the verandah and look over the island before the hustle and bustle started.

It wasn’t long before the shore crew made their way out to help tie us up.

Soon after we docked, we headed to Cabana’s for some breakfast and headed for shore by 9:30 am.

We had the picture taken with the ship in the background and skipped past Capt Hook and Mr Smee at the Post Office and walked to the beach. We didn’t bother with the tram as the walk isn’t really that long. We did fine Minnie just before the beach and Pooksma and Declan stopped for a picture. We quickly found a spot on the Family Beach directly in front of the play structure and Declan hit the water without delay.

He said the water was a bit on the cool side but not too bad. We had booked the snorkel, floaty and bike package for the day so Declan and I headed off to pick up some gear. The CM told us if we weren’t going to use the floaties right away to come back and get them later as they tend to blow away or if they are left lying around, little kids just take them.

We ended up with some snorkel gear and Declan and suited up and headed for the snorkel area. We had just made it out to the area where you start to find some of the sunken treasures when Declan decided it was a little too cold for him and he wanted to head back in. We made our way back to shore and just sat in the sun for a bit.

After a bit I headed back out to the snorkel area and took some pictures.

As I came up on one of the sunken ships I looked down and was surprised to see this guy coming towards me.

It was pretty cool to see. I tried to switch to video but by the time I was done, he was heading under some rocks. If you ever get the chance, he came from rocks by this boat.

I kept looking around the area taking some more pictures.

Popped up for this one.

Another wreck

Ship’s wheel

I think I spent the better part of an hour out there and decided I should head back in. It is a pretty good swim in and out but I think most swimmers shouldn’t have trouble doing it.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #158
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Loving your report & pics

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #159
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
Loving your report & pics

Thank you.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #160
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great pics! See, that's something I will never see...the bottom of the ocean! When I found out Shanleigh went snorkeling while she was on the cruise I just about had a coronary!!! I told her before she left to observe the ocean....FROM A LOUNGE CHAIR!!! I reminded her it's the ocean and in the ocean is SHARKS!!!! I have a small fear, not sure if you can tell
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #161
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh wow! I love snorkeling, your underwater pics are great! Looks like a lot of fun!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #162
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I think the snorkeling would be a lot of fun there. Not only to see the fish (and eels), but to check out all the special additions that Disney has made to the underwater scenery.

We really need to book a cruise sometime.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #163
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Great Pic!!

Quote:
Popped up for this one.
Oh, I like that one!! Be sure to post that over on the DCL Picture of the Day Thread.

Quote:
Another wreck

Of course you do know what this is a wreck of...right? Cool story about it here

DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)
Grooovertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #164
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Great pics of Castaway Cay! I hope to take one of the Hobbie Cat catamarans for a spin next time we visit! My fondest memory here is taking an hour or so to walk around and find the three geocaches that were here......only one geocaches remains now!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #165
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great pics! See, that's something I will never see...the bottom of the ocean! When I found out Shanleigh went snorkeling while she was on the cruise I just about had a coronary!!! I told her before she left to observe the ocean....FROM A LOUNGE CHAIR!!! I reminded her it's the ocean and in the ocean is SHARKS!!!! I have a small fear, not sure if you can tell

I am a nice shark. Not a mindless eatin' machine. If I want to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends. Not food.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: