Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
srferson
DIS Veteran

Sounds like ahead of time is the way to go.

Are the passes specific to a guest?
Like, can I buy two passes and use them for either myself for two days or me and DH for one day? Or do we have to know exactly who is going to use the pass?

srferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #17
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srferson View Post

Like, can I buy two passes and use them for either myself for two days or me and DH for one day? Or do we have to know exactly who is going to use the pass?
The passes seemed specific to the actual guest, but they can be used at any time. There's no restrictions on which day they can be used. And they are good for the whole day.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
nannylori
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
Did you check your bill? Did she charge $27 to your room, because the $16 would have already been charged to a credit card earlier. If you only were charged $11, then you got a good deal. If you paid $27 on your KTTW card, you got the same deal everyone else gets.
Nancy
Thank-you,as that is very good advice.
I DID check the bill before leaving the ship and we were charged $11,making it $27 for the two of us,instead of $32.
I wasn't aware of the $26 daily pass, but now what I was hearing & seeing to my right, as we were at the desk, is making more sense.
There was a man paying for a day pass to the RR next to me.I do remember him being quoted a different price,but by now,a week later,I'm fuzzy as to what the price was. He was handed a bag and he asked what was in it. He was told it was exfoliating scrub for one of the special steamrooms - it's larger than the other rooms,has a certain title,which I've now forgotten, and there are sinks in it. On my tour,I asked why there were sinks in that sauna and she said it was to wash off the scrubs you are given when using that particular room.
When DH & I checked in to use the RR later in the week,we weren't given any scrub, which leads me to believe, if you pay the $26,you get the "enhanced RR", my terminology - you get exfoliating scrub. The man didn't appear to get anything else different from us other than that,but I could be wrong. But from the looks of it,the difference between our $16 day pass and his $26 day pass appears to be a jar of exfoliating scrub......... I'm not saying that's totally true,so if anyone has any more info,it would be great to be further enlightened......
nannylori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
LV Disney Fan(atic)
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." - WD

Quote:

I think you can do this either way. About 2 weeks ago I called to order 2 day passes for our cruise next week. My DH and I plan to use them together but at no time did the DCL rep ask me who was going to use them or on which day. So I think we can either use them together as planned or I can use both passes myself on different days.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #20
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylori View Post
Thank-you,as that is very good advice.
He was handed a bag and he asked what was in it. He was told it was exfoliating scrub for one of the special steamrooms - it's larger than the other rooms,has a certain title,which I've now forgotten, and there are sinks in it. On my tour,I asked why there were sinks in that sauna and she said it was to wash off the scrubs you are given when using that particular room.
When DH & I checked in to use the RR later in the week,we weren't given any scrub, which leads me to believe, if you pay the $26,you get the "enhanced RR", my terminology - you get exfoliating scrub. The man didn't appear to get anything else different from us other than that,but I could be wrong. But from the looks of it,the difference between our $16 day pass and his $26 day pass appears to be a jar of exfoliating scrub......... I'm not saying that's totally true,so if anyone has any more info,it would be great to be further enlightened......
That does seem to be the 'new normal' - a scrub for $27 or also included in the week long pass. When I went at christmas (on the Wonder, so no special sinks) I bought a 7 day pass for $144, which I had thought would be $99 from previous reports. Nope, $144 which included 5 pots of scrubs. No option not to get them. Recently several people posted that they paid $27/day, but got the scrubs. It seems this is the way they want to do it from now on and aren't giving those who don't want the scrubs that option - unless the pass is pre-purchased on line.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm willing to pay their prices to enjoy the Rainforest room several times on my upcoming cruise. I may pre-purchase several days just so I don't have to haggle with the spa employees.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
srferson
DIS Veteran

So if you buy them ahead of time, do they charge your credit card ahead of time as well? And what would happen if you didn't make the cruise for some reason? I assume they wouldn't refund...

From everything I've ready, it doesn't sound like RR passes are something they sell out of. Right?

Old 03-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #22
scrap disney
Earning My Ears

Rainforest room info!

I also just got off the Fantasy two days ago.

I ordered 2 rainforest room passes a few weeks before our cruise (I think it was $32.00) When we arrived in the room, there was a little white piece of paper that stated we had two - 1 day rainforest room passes. My husband took the little piece of paper up to the rainforest room on the second sea day and he used his day. They told him the remaining day was on his room key.

I went up on the 3rd sea day and explained our situation - we pre-purchased 2 days and my husband already used his and had given them the little piece of paper. The lady working at the spa desk said, "No problem - just let me have your room key." I gave her my room key and then they took me on a little tour of the rainforest area and I was good to go. They put a little sticker on the back of my room key so that I could return later in the day to use the rainforest room. (My husband also had a dated sticker on the back of his room key.)

I went in the afternoon as a storm was passing through, so it was probably a busier time and I had no problems getting in. As a previous poster said, as the storm passed through, it was windy and the automatic doors kept opening and closing. I LOVED the heated tile loungers. Totally amazing - I read and enjoyed the ocean view. I would pay the $16 again just to use the lounge chairs.

I did notice that the price of a one week pass on the ship for one person cost more than if you had just pre-purchased 7 individual one days passes from home.

Hope this helps!

Jody
scrap disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #23
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

How far in advance can one get the pre-paid passes? Our window for booking has been open for over a week now and the rainforest does not come up

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan888 View Post
How far in advance can one get the pre-paid passes? Our window for booking has been open for over a week now and the rainforest does not come up
They're in the In-room Gifts section, not the spa reservations. You have to call or fax to order them.
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillWaters View Post
They're in the In-room Gifts section, not the spa reservations. You have to call or fax to order them.
Thank you very much!

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #26
srferson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap disney View Post
I also just got off the Fantasy two days ago.

I ordered 2 rainforest room passes a few weeks before our cruise (I think it was $32.00) When we arrived in the room, there was a little white piece of paper that stated we had two - 1 day rainforest room passes. My husband took the little piece of paper up to the rainforest room on the second sea day and he used his day. They told him the remaining day was on his room key.

I went up on the 3rd sea day and explained our situation - we pre-purchased 2 days and my husband already used his and had given them the little piece of paper. The lady working at the spa desk said, "No problem - just let me have your room key." I gave her my room key and then they took me on a little tour of the rainforest area and I was good to go. They put a little sticker on the back of my room key so that I could return later in the day to use the rainforest room. (My husband also had a dated sticker on the back of his room key.)

I went in the afternoon as a storm was passing through, so it was probably a busier time and I had no problems getting in. As a previous poster said, as the storm passed through, it was windy and the automatic doors kept opening and closing. I LOVED the heated tile loungers. Totally amazing - I read and enjoyed the ocean view. I would pay the $16 again just to use the lounge chairs.

I did notice that the price of a one week pass on the ship for one person cost more than if you had just pre-purchased 7 individual one days passes from home.

Hope this helps!

Jody
It does help! Thank you to everyone who answered. Can always count on DISboards!

Old 03-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #27
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So if you buy them ahead of time, do they charge your credit card ahead of time as well? And what would happen if you didn't make the cruise for some reason? I assume they wouldn't refund...

From everything I've ready, it doesn't sound like RR passes are something they sell out of. Right?
Yes they charge your card when you call and order. And if you get anything else for your stateroom they will create too seperate charges on your card because the Spa passes have to be charged in a different way than merchandise i.e. merchandise has tax and the spa passes do not. It cost me 64 dollars for two passes each person ( me and hubby) I did tell the cleark I wa nted wo for my husband and two for me. I am not sure that matters but I did ask if I could use them on any day and was told yes I could use them whenever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan888 View Post
I ordered around the 75 day mark sure you can order before then as well. All it says is that all orders must be received 48 hours before sailing. Hope that helps and has someone else said just call (800) 601-8455.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

Anyone know the price for the Dream...I am trying to decide if I should just order 4 day passed or if it is cheaper to buy on board...we are sailing next Sunday, so I want to make sure I order this week if I need to...from the info here it would be $16 x 4 days = $64 without the scrubs...it is more onboard?
cinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #29
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

Rainforest room

Quote:
Rainforest room questions (on the Fantasy, fyi)
(I have searched previous posts and found some info but a lot of it was not recent and/or confusing.)

Does a RR pass have to be in the guest's name and only used by the guest? In other words, if we each get a day pass and DH decides he doesn't want to use it, can I use both myself?

You can buy 1 day passes ahead of time. I assume you can purchase as many as you like?

The 1 day pass is $16 when ordered ahead of time. I've heard conflicting information as to how much it costs if you wait until you're on board. What have people experienced lately?

People mention a tour of some sort of the first day? Is that just like an open house or is there a scheduled tour?

Thanks!
I just recently bought 6 - 1 day passes for an upcoming Fantasy cruise. This would give my husband and I - 3 days each to enjoy the Rainforest room. I called 1-800-601-8455 ( by way of the Disney website under gifts) As far as I understand it.... if you purchase the passes before your cruise, the cost is 15.00 + 1.00 service fee, 16.00 total per pass. I was charged 96.00. That is what I expected to pay. However, if you wait to board the ship and then order your day passes, it will cost you 27.00 ( booking onboard allows you to also receive their sea salt scrub) No sea salt scrub I have ever come across is worth the additional 11.00 per day. Just my opinion. I have heard such wonderful stories of the Rainforest Room, I am very much looking forward to each minute! I hope this has been helpful. P.S. If you choose to pre- order, they charge you right away, you can not put this on you shipboard credit.
erinfarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #30
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinfarber View Post
I just recently bought 6 - 1 day passes for an upcoming Fantasy cruise. This would give my husband and I - 3 days each to enjoy the Rainforest room. I called 1-800-601-8455 ( by way of the Disney website under gifts) As far as I understand it.... if you purchase the passes before your cruise, the cost is 15.00 + 1.00 service fee, 16.00 total per pass. I was charged 96.00. That is what I expected to pay. However, if you wait to board the ship and then order your day passes, it will cost you 27.00 ( booking onboard allows you to also receive their sea salt scrub) No sea salt scrub I have ever come across is worth the additional 11.00 per day. Just my opinion. I have heard such wonderful stories of the Rainforest Room, I am very much looking forward to each minute! I hope this has been helpful. P.S. If you choose to pre- order, they charge you right away, you can not put this on you shipboard credit.
I ordered a 1-day pass in advance as well. I used the RR in the morning on San Juan day, and it was pretty much deserted. Heaven! My concern is that they're going to start bundling the pass with the scrubs when you purchase in advance, too. I'm going to go ahead and order passes for DH and me for our cruise in September now, just in case!

Due to the increase in prices onboard, it may be cheaper to by multiple 1-day passes vs. a length-of-cruise pass (which can only be purchased onboard).

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: