Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
srferson
DIS Veteran

Rainforest Room questions

Rainforest room questions (on the Fantasy, fyi)
(I have searched previous posts and found some info but a lot of it was not recent and/or confusing.)

Does a RR pass have to be in the guest's name and only used by the guest? In other words, if we each get a day pass and DH decides he doesn't want to use it, can I use both myself?

You can buy 1 day passes ahead of time. I assume you can purchase as many as you like?

The 1 day pass is $16 when ordered ahead of time. I've heard conflicting information as to how much it costs if you wait until you're on board. What have people experienced lately?

People mention a tour of some sort of the first day? Is that just like an open house or is there a scheduled tour?

Thanks!

srferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
nannylori
Mouseketeer

Just got back yesterday. What a week!!
I bought a 1 day pass for DH online a month before cruise.
About an hour after boarding (noon), we went to the Spa to look around.
You just show up and there will always be someone to show you around and answer questions.
After the tour,it looked so inviting that I asked if I could be added,so it became the two of us for $27 (was $15 for DH).
We went around noon on Thursday,our third day at sea. I tried the dry sauna for awhile,then the Rainforest Shower(that was the warm one,I don't care for cold water). It was fun popping into each shower cubicle & pressing the buttons to test the water,changing colors and aromatherapy.
I admit that I became instantly addicted to the warm tile loungers. I heard of them on the MV last year and was always curious what everyone was raving about. I wanted to strap it to my back and walk around the ship with it if I could!!!!! They were the perfect temp to make ones muscles feel great.
I didn't dip into the hot tubs that were right there,as I couldn't bring myself to get up from the lounger!!
There weren't many people around until the skies clouded over and a small storm passed through - then lots of people showed up. But everyone seemed to know how to disperse so no one area was too crowded.

There seemed to be an equal number of people who pre-bought a day pass & those who bought right then,but I didn't hear the prices. They do try to get you to buy a weeks worth,so be prepared-a simple no thank-you usually stops that conversation. I heard that a 3 day pass exists,but I'm not sure if that's just for Platimum level.
I think it's worth it to try for one day.
nannylori is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
srferson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylori View Post
After the tour,it looked so inviting that I asked if I could be added,so it became the two of us for $27 (was $15 for DH).
I'm confused by the math here.
Your DH's pass, bought ahead of time would have been $16 ($15 + $1 service fee), yes?
Then you added one for you right after you checked it out. So wouldn't that be another 1 day pass at at least $15?
Is there a two person pass that costs less than two individuals?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
srferson
DIS Veteran

Does anyone else have any RR info to share?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
MissMaleficent
Earning My Ears

We did the rainforest room while we were on the dream. DBF and I aren't spa people so we were a bit unsure going in but it was the best thing we did! We absolutely loved it and plan on going again in September.
We went into the cold showers and then scurried into the saunas...amazing!
MissMaleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srferson View Post
Rainforest room questions (on the Fantasy, fyi)
(I have searched previous posts and found some info but a lot of it was not recent and/or confusing.)

Does a RR pass have to be in the guest's name and only used by the guest? In other words, if we each get a day pass and DH decides he doesn't want to use it, can I use both myself?

You can buy 1 day passes ahead of time. I assume you can purchase as many as you like?

The 1 day pass is $16 when ordered ahead of time. I've heard conflicting information as to how much it costs if you wait until you're on board. What have people experienced lately?

People mention a tour of some sort of the first day? Is that just like an open house or is there a scheduled tour?

Thanks!
My Hubby and I purchased a one day pass ahead of time so it was the $16. There was so much to do on the ship that by the last day we realized we didnt use it. So we decided to opt out of seeing the show and checked the kids into the club and headed up. It was empty and wonderful. To my understanding they dont sell the one day passes once you get on board. You have to buy the multi day package. But I could be mistaken
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)

Does anyone know if the "couples week long pass" has to be 2 people in the same stateroom? I know that DH wouldn't be into that, but thought that my Mom and I might like to have passes.

TIA for any info !

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryliz View Post
Does anyone know if the "couples week long pass" has to be 2 people in the same stateroom? I know that DH wouldn't be into that, but thought that my Mom and I might like to have passes.

TIA for any info !
Any two adult people.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #9
nannylori
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srferson View Post
I'm confused by the math here.
Your DH's pass, bought ahead of time would have been $16 ($15 + $1 service fee), yes?
Then you added one for you right after you checked it out. So wouldn't that be another 1 day pass at at least $15?
Is there a two person pass that costs less than two individuals?
Yes,$16. I forgot about the service fee,sorry.

After we took the tour, DH was pressuring me to go with him and I was hesitating. I don't do sauna/steamrooms,find hot tubs usually too hot....but then the spa rep said, " I will add you for the day & it will only be $27" She meant that instead of two for $32, we would be two for $27. I have no idea if she threw that out there to push me over to say okay (which worked), or if it's a deal you can only get when you're physically in the spa. I know I should have inquired further,which seems reasonable when you're sitting in a quiet place at your computer, like I am now. But it was VERY busy at that front desk-like a bus pulled up and let everyone off at once, only a minute after we finished our tour; it went from serene to madhouse fast and I wasn't thinking clearly in that situation,so I'm sorry for not having more specific info on day passes.
We were asked once if we wanted full week passes and we declined and it was never brought up again.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
AlexMaxAunt
Earning My Ears

Last week they told me $25 each day and acted like I was crazy for mentioning $15?
AlexMaxAunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
vavalynn2
Live in the Golden Snowball region
Cruising on the West Coast

I called this afternoon and bought 2 adults passes for two days @ 16.00 each for my cruise in two weeks. I don't know we would use it every day so it seemed like a good deal especially as the previous poster stated the higher price.
*6/1988- 1st trip to WDW- Offsite* 4/1995- Offsite*2/2003- Offsite *8/2003- Portofino Bay Hotel, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress*10/2004-Portofino Bay Hotel, WL*6/2004-1st trip to DL Howard Johnson Anaheim*3/2005- POR*7/2005 –Grand Californian*2/2006-Disney Magic Western Cruise*12/2006- POR*3/2007-OKW*5/2008-Gaylord Palms*1/2009- AKV*4/2009- POR*4/2010-CSR*11/2010-CSR*2/2011-Disney Dream*8/2011- CSR*4/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek*3/2013- Disney Fantasy- Western*8/2013- SSR*4/2014- Disney Fantasy-Eastern*8/2014- Disneyland offsite*10/2014 All Star Movies*2/2015-Disney Fantasy Eastern
vavalynn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
nannylori
Mouseketeer

Wow,there appears to be a slight inconsistency with their spa price points.
Perhaps,the Spa CM'S are given slight power to move around the numbers at their descretion. I'm not implying that they're throwing darts at a board and it's every man for himself,but, like in my situation,where I was leaning to bolting out the door,she was able to reel me back in at a discount. Which worked. I can appreciate them doing that-it's good business practice-$5 back in my pocket means more to me and they didn't lose another customer,but gained a few more bucks. Smart.

They also gained another customer addicted to those heated tile loungers-I'd sign up again just to lay on them for a couple of hours.....wanted to strap them to my back for the rest of the cruise....

The only down side, was that we were heading through a rainstorm with high winds, so the automatic doors between the lounger area & hot tub area were being blown open, opening and closing every 3 seconds-so there was a CONSTANT Star Trek door WHOOSH and huge wind sounds, on & on & on... not DCL's fault,just a weather situation during my ONLY and first time in the Spa.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylori View Post
Yes,$16. I forgot about the service fee,sorry.

After we took the tour, DH was pressuring me to go with him and I was hesitating. I don't do sauna/steamrooms,find hot tubs usually too hot....but then the spa rep said, " I will add you for the day & it will only be $27" She meant that instead of two for $32, we would be two for $27. I have no idea if she threw that out there to push me over to say okay (which worked), or if it's a deal you can only get when you're physically in the spa. I know I should have inquired further,which seems reasonable when you're sitting in a quiet place at your computer, like I am now. But it was VERY busy at that front desk-like a bus pulled up and let everyone off at once, only a minute after we finished our tour; it went from serene to madhouse fast and I wasn't thinking clearly in that situation,so I'm sorry for not having more specific info on day passes.
We were asked once if we wanted full week passes and we declined and it was never brought up again.
Did you check your bill? Did she charge $27 to your room, because the $16 would have already been charged to a credit card earlier. If you only were charged $11, then you got a good deal. If you paid $27 on your KTTW card, you got the same deal everyone else gets.
Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavalynn2 View Post
I called this afternoon and bought 2 adults passes for two days @ 16.00 each for my cruise in two weeks. I don't know we would use it every day so it seemed like a good deal especially as the previous poster stated the higher price.
Ahead of time, the Rainforest room pass is $16 per person per day. Verify what you got charged (since you have to pay in advance) to see what you will actually get.

Now, regarding prices, it's different based on the ship. I was on the Wonder last February and was offered a day pass for just $16. However many have mentioned that the day pass at the Fantasy is actually $26.

The difference in using a pass ahead of time (at least on the Wonder) was that you would not get the aromatherapy stuff.

The spas on the new ships are much nicer and maybe why they get away with charging more for the day pass. Best option is to buy it ahead of time.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #15
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

If you buy the one day passes ahead of time, do you get to choose which day you use it on? I did hear that if you show up with your one day pass and the RR is very busy with guests who have purchased week long passes, you may be turned away and that preference is always given to week long pass holders. Is this correct?

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: