Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #196
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I love your kids' photos around the World Showcase. Also, nice short and concise review for BOG! I am still undecided if I want to eat dinner there.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #197
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

Loved your review for BoG - how cute and clever!
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #198
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Barb you win the award for the most creative and clever BOG I have EVER seen! Just perfect! And yes, I was singing along in my head.

I completely agree with the 5/5 rating for the cupcakes. I may need an extra one of those "to go" next time!

Great job!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #199
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Great updates, and a very entertaining BOG review!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - In Progress
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #200
jabead
DIS Veteran

Since the Live Thread has been pretty slow today, I decided to surprise you all and resurrect my dining report from the bottom of page 3. I guess that's what happens when you don't post any updates in more than a month.

Anyway, following our very "musical" dinner at Be our Guest , we met up with my DBIL at the Polynesian resort's....

My brother-in-law lives in the Tampa area and was to drive over after work to have dinner at BOG and spend the evening with us at Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately he got a later start than he had hoped and got stuck in terrible traffic coming out of Tampa. So I had to come up with a Plan B, which was for him to meet us at the Tambu Lounge.

We arrived just as he was finishing his dinner there (so unfortunately no pic), but I did get a picture of their menu...

And FYI, he had the Pork Sliders and said they were very good.

We ordered a round of drinks...

Blue Moon for DH, Pina Coladas for DBIL and me, Virgin Pina Colava for DS, and the most interesting of them all, the Island Sunset, was my DD's choice.

Now I must confess that I have never had the Tambu Lounge's most famous cocktail, the Lapu Lapu. I had fully intended to try it but when it came my turn to order I chickened out and ordered a Pina Colada. Oh well, maybe next time.

And just in case you weren't aware of it, your Tables in Wonderland card can be used at the Tambu Lounge for a 20% discount on all food and beverages. We had 7 drinks (the guys both had a second) and our bill was around $50 with the discount and tip.
Not too bad.

And here is a pic of all of us...

Let's see, that's 5 Bonus Points for me.

Next up: Roaring Forks Breakfast

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 06-29-2013 at 11:02 PM.
jabead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #201
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Glad to see an update Barb!! Those cocktails were not too expensive - even by Disney standards! I've had the pina colada at the lounge but I need to expand my horizons with the lapu lapu or the pina colava.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #202
jabead
DIS Veteran

Surprise! Another update and you didn't have to wait a month for it.

Okay, time for another confession here. To the best of my recollection , I have never had a Mickey waffle. I know, I know...shameful. But before you revoke my membership in the DIS Dining boards, please know that on this trip I rectified this grievous situation at the Wilderness Lodge's...

As you can see from the menu, Roaring Forks has three kinds of Mickey waffles...

Strawberry and Cream Waffles
(photo taken by roxysmum123 for the live thread)

Chocolate Lovers Waffles - Kids meal
(photo taken by podsnel for the live thread)

And my choice (and picture)...

Bananas Foster Waffles
Our Rating - 4.5/5

I shared these with my DH, but after one bite I wished that I hadn't agreed to share.

So now I can finally say that I'm a proud member of the Mickey waffle fan club!

Next up: Lunch at Le Cellier

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 06-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #203
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

It's so exciting to see updates here again! And I'm glad that your first Mickey waffle experience was a success - Roaring Fork was a great choice for the milestone.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #204
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your first Mickey waffle! You'll be hooked from now on.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside

Up next: Wilderness Lodge

Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #205
kanadar
Mouseketeer

I just found this review, noticed you were from central Illinois. I am from Champaign, but live in Normal now. I totally understand your husbands want to watch the Illini game, pretty sure my whole family would have made that decision as well even though NO illini fan liked the outcome haha. My family and I LOVE Disney, we went 3 times from Oct. 2012-Feb 2013 (F&W festival, then a friends DISNEY wedding in dec, and PHM feb). We are now currently planning a trip for October, we already have most of our dinner reservations yet no resort reservations haha. This is how my family works, food is more important lol. I loved your review of BOG, we went for lunch but have not been able to go for dinner but I really enjoyed their lunch.
kanadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #206
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadar View Post
I just found this review, noticed you were from central Illinois. I am from Champaign, but live in Normal now. I totally understand your husbands want to watch the Illini game, pretty sure my whole family would have made that decision as well even though NO illini fan liked the outcome haha. My family and I LOVE Disney, we went 3 times from Oct. 2012-Feb 2013 (F&W festival, then a friends DISNEY wedding in dec, and PHM feb). We are now currently planning a trip for October, we already have most of our dinner reservations yet no resort reservations haha. This is how my family works, food is more important lol. I loved your review of BOG, we went for lunch but have not been able to go for dinner but I really enjoyed their lunch.

Hello kanadar! I am from just up the road from Normal, in Lexington. Thank you for reading my much neglected Dining Report. I'm so glad you've enjoyed it. I still have hopes of coming back to complete it, but the reality is that the Live Thread that I host has been keeping me far too busy to think about writing another installment. But speaking of the Live Thread, you really should check it out if you haven't already. I think it might help you with your trip planning.

Here is the LINK.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #207
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Haha yeah I've started reading it, theres a lot there lol. Reading the disboards actually made me and my sister decide we wanted to try either Jiko or Sanaa, we settles on Sanaa for this trip. As well as made us want to try Artist Point which surprisingly will be another first for us. We have been to Disney A LOT for living in Illinois lol. So october for food and wine is becoming a must do for us especially now that we are older
kanadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #208
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

smile4stamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #209
jabead
DIS Veteran

Surprise...I'm back!!!

Today marks the one year anniversary since the beginning of this trip and it has been nearly 9 months since I was last able to post a review. Yesterday I was reading my Territory Lounge review from this long ago abandoned dining report to help me with the review for my return visit to the lounge in December. So I'm not sure if it's due to guilt or just a case of March Madness but I have decided that I will attempt to complete this dining report from my family's March 2013 trip to Disney World.

Now I realize that these reviews will be too old to be of interest to most of you, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time in writing them...besides, in all honesty I really don't remember all the details from meals I had a year ago. So for anyone who chooses to read on, I apologize in advance for their quality and promise to do better next time...which will probably be very soon.

Ok, so you've heard of speed reading, speed dating, etc. Well, I'm going to try my hand at speed reviewing.

Picking up where I left off 9 months ago, the next review will be from our lunch on March 26, 2013 at Epcot's...

Here was the menu at that time...

Gotta love that pretzel bread at Le Cellier...

Especially when dipped in the..

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup made with Moosehead Beer and “Nueske’s” Applewood-Smoked Bacon

Each of us enjoyed a bowl of soup and then the four of us shared an order of...

Le Cellier "Poutine" with Canadian Cheddar, Truffle Salt, and Red Wine Reduction

I remember liking the fries and cheese curds but not the red wine sauce.

We also shared another appetizer...

“Le Cellier” Lobster Chopped Salad with Mixed Field Greens, Haricot Verts, Avocado, Tomatoes, and "Lake Meadow" Egg

This was good and something I would consider having again along with the soup for a lighter meal here.

We decided to choose one dessert to share from this menu...

After much deliberation, we chose the...

Neopolitan Cappuccino Cake - Cappuccino Mousse, Caramel Pretzel, and Chocolate Cake

Since there were four of us sharing this, I only got a few bites but those were a couple of seriously good bites.

Though I wasn't able to fit in a visit to Le Cellier during my December trip to Disney World, I'm hoping to return during my next trip. I do believe there is a bowl of cheddar cheese soup and a pretzel breadstick calling my name.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #210
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next that day was a stop at Epcot's friendly neighborhood pub...

...where nobody knows your name, but perhaps that is a good thing.

My DH, DD, and I shared the Imperial Sampler...

I don't like beer so I stuck to the Strongbow Cider and left the other four to my DH and DD. The last time we had the Imperial Sampler it was only $10.00. Though it was now $11.75, I still think this is a pretty good deal.

Oh, and plus they accept TIW for a 20% discount here.

Being only 17, my DS had a soda and a little grub from the pub...

He chose the English Chips...

...or thick-cut french fries, as they are called here in states.

IMHO, the Rose & Crown is one of the crown jewels of Epcot's World Showcase. So my advice to you is,

"Keep Calm and Carry Yourself to the Rose & Crown Pub"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: