Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonell View Post
Would my 11 year old be allowed to order from the child's menu at QS locations even though he is considered an adult with the DDP? He prefers the children's menu options. Thanks
When mine want something off the kids menu at CS locations I just pay cash for it. Its not often they can't find something on the adult menu though. We then use that credit for a breakfast or something.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
~April~
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post
This is what i don't understand. Why even get the DDP if someone on the plan doesn't want the food choices they are given? If your KTTW card says 3 A you are to order 3A meals. Not 2 A and 1 C. Regardless if the meal is less expensive or not. If that doesn't work for your family pay OOP.

And to the poster i quoted, not sure when your last visit was, but since the last computer update it WILL put up an error message and the transaction blocked. At a TS only the manager can override it something a guest would never know.
My 11 year old prefers food off the childs menu. its his "tastebuds" as he would tell me, and since he really is ONLY 11 years old he is legally still considered a CHILD. I feel as though Disney would be making a bunch of money and would be stupid not to allow "adults" to get off the child menu. If I could have gotten the ddp for just 4 members of my family and paid oop for all of his meals I would gladly have done that (and saved a lot of money). However that isn't allowed either since we are staying on property the amount of people in our room has to match that amount of people on the ddp.

If they don't allow my son to order off the child's menu I will simply pay oop for his food, let his credits accumuate and use them to pay for breakfast for the whole family a day. Its not a big deal its Disney that would be gaining, either way my family will all get to eat what they want.

This is what I think is one of Disney's major flaws.
~April~ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: