Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
alimbrogno
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Restaurant suggestions...

I've been to Disney multiple times but only used the DP once. My DS and I are not picky eaters, I would say we are pretty adventuresome. We are taking a trip in September with my sister and my niece who are very picky eaters. I need some advice on some restaurants to make ADRs for that will have something for everyone. So far what I am hoping for is:

Chef Mickey's
1500 Park Place
Coral Reef

HELP!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Buffets are good choices. They will have a large selection and usually something for everyone. You have two buffets already. However, those who don't eat much pay full price.
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
alimbrogno
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Buffets are good choices. They will have a large selection and usually something for everyone. You have two buffets already. However, those who don't eat much pay full price.
I agree. We have booked the DDP so the cost isn't really the issue. I just want to make sure everyone has something they won't mind eating and most importantly enjoys themselves I guess. I was thinking Crystal Palace... what time is wishes normally?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Depends on the time of year. In September it may be about 9 and maybe later on weekends. After the Halloween party starts you'll have limited access to Wishes inside the park (without buying a party ticket).
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
tigergrad
Mouseketeer

What resort are you staying at? There are some really great choices at the resorts. Which dining plan are you using?
tigergrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

We are pretty picky and not very adventurous when it comes to food. A few we like are Grand Floridian Cafe and Captain's Grille both are very good and the staff is great! Our DD is super picky and both places were very accommodating on getting her something she would eat.

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
jennynwdw
Earning My Ears

You should look into Ohana. At least for breakfast. It is great tasting traditional breakfast food. Its all you can eat And its brought to your table. I'm sure even picky eaters will eat. Buffets are the safest but the most aggravating when busy. Especially if you are doing a character meal. Lines can get long and slow trying to get your food. Have a great time! We are going in September also.
jennynwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimbrogno View Post
I've been to Disney multiple times but only used the DP once. My DS and I are not picky eaters, I would say we are pretty adventuresome. We are taking a trip in September with my sister and my niece who are very picky eaters. I need some advice on some restaurants to make ADRs for that will have something for everyone. So far what I am hoping for is:

Chef Mickey's
1500 Park Place
Coral Reef

HELP!
Two of our favorites that are must do's every trip are Cape May at the BC and Boma at AKL. Cape May has a large variety of choices (IMO) and although Boma does have some unique items, there are also plenty of other things to choose from for the picky eater. Our oldest DS is very picky and Boma is one of his favorites.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
Stbissell
Mouseketeer

Two off the top of my head are Via Napoli and Wolfgang Puck. Also HDDR is pretty straight forward and is a great show (2 credits tho)
Stbissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

Went with a large group last year that included picky and non-picky alike...The favorites overall tended to be the buffets - since everyone could grab whatever they wanted. The top favorites were:
Garden Grill
Tusker House character breakfast
Tony's
LeCellier
and The Plaza was pretty popular with most in the group as well.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
katt789
DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace (especially breakfast)

50s Prime Time
Tusker House: breakfast has some african flaire but american food too

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
kanderson89
Mouseketeer

What kind of picky are we talking about? "I want nothing green touching my steak and potato" or "only vegan?" Knowing their tastes might help, but I agree with a lot of the former comments. Buffets are safe, and the buffets that offer you a bit of adventure - like Boma - would be a nice compromise. I also liked the Biergarten in Epcot. Not super adventurous...nice combination of options but at least a bit different for you, and the other folks will surely find something they like.

One idea: Does every meal have to be together? Especially for lunches, could y'all go off by yourselves and themselves and meet back up?

WL - 2015
WL - 2014
WL - 2013
AKL - 2012
WL - 2011
WL - 2010
Ft Wilderness - as a kid in the 1970s
kanderson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stbissell View Post
Two off the top of my head are Via Napoli and Wolfgang Puck.
Same here, 2 of our favorites! We also really enjoy Ragland's at DTD, T-Rex is fun as well and the food is good, with outrageous portions!. I detest buffets but we still enjoy Cape May and Boma! All of these have options for picky eaters and not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymolmom View Post
Tusker House character breakfast .
IMO the best Character breakfast for both character interaction and food!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #14
alimbrogno
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanderson89 View Post
What kind of picky are we talking about? "I want nothing green touching my steak and potato" or "only vegan?" Knowing their tastes might help, but I agree with a lot of the former comments. Buffets are safe, and the buffets that offer you a bit of adventure - like Boma - would be a nice compromise. I also liked the Biergarten in Epcot. Not super adventurous...nice combination of options but at least a bit different for you, and the other folks will surely find something they like.

One idea: Does every meal have to be together? Especially for lunches, could y'all go off by yourselves and themselves and meet back up?
They are meat and potato kind of people. Chicken strips and mac and cheese. I wouldn't mind going off by myself but I'm sure my sister wouldn't like that too much. She hasn't really traveled much and I know is going to be like my shadow the whole trip.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
kanderson89
Mouseketeer

Got it re: types of eaters. I think the ones you listed would be good. Maybe also 50s Prime Time Cafe? Old school and kind of fun (think meatloaf and mashed potatoes, pork chops, chicken pot pie, etc). Then maybe the Boma or Biergarten buffet others have mentioned. Both would have a combination of options for both of you.

Good luck!

WL - 2015
WL - 2014
WL - 2013
AKL - 2012
WL - 2011
WL - 2010
Ft Wilderness - as a kid in the 1970s
kanderson89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: