Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

T-rex question re: DDP

If I call T-rex for a reservation directly, am I still able to use the DDP, or do I have to get a reservation through Disney? I'm thinking of possibly cancelling our lunch ADR at Tusker House (we ate at Tusker last year and really liked it), leaving AK early, and heading to DTD for a dinner at T-rex? Suggestions?

MommytoCaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoCaitlyn View Post
If I call T-rex for a reservation directly, am I still able to use the DDP, or do I have to get a reservation through Disney? I'm thinking of possibly cancelling our lunch ADR at Tusker House (we ate at Tusker last year and really liked it), leaving AK early, and heading to DTD for a dinner at T-rex? Suggestions?
You can still use the DDP for T-Rex regardless of how you get the reservation. Your server will ask of your on the Disney dining plan when you're seated.

Tusker House is our favourite character meal at WDW and we would choose this over T-Rex. We also like T-Rex but Tusker House would win for us between the two. Not only for the food but we love the Safari characters. Also, it's much easier to dine in the park you're already in than leave early and go to DTD.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 03-17-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I will second the PP.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

I'm the OP. We ate at Tusker last year. It was great. We just want to try something different. Is it really that much of a hassle to leave AK and go to DTD? Anyone know the cost of a cab if we take one instead of the bus?

Old 03-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

DDP is only a method of payment, it hasn't got anything to do with making reservations, with the exception of those that are prepaid at the time of booking. If the restaurant accepts DDP you can use it for payment no matter how you make the reservation.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm the OP. We ate at Tusker last year. It was great. We just want to try something different. Is it really that much of a hassle to leave AK and go to DTD? Anyone know the cost of a cab if we take one instead of the bus?
There's no direct transportation between DTD and any of the parks, so a taxi would be your only option.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
There's no direct transportation between DTD and any of the parks, so a taxi would be your only option.
We can take a bus to a resort then pick up another bus to DTD if we don't go the cab route.

Another question---what about Rainforest Cafe at AK? Any good?

Old 03-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We can take a bus to a resort then pick up another bus to DTD if we don't go the cab route.

Another question---what about Rainforest Cafe at AK? Any good?
Rainforest Cafe is quite food but it gets very busy in there after AK closes and very loud. We would choose T-Rex over Rainforest and Tusker over both

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I wouldn't make a special trip to DTD just for T-Rex. If you were planning on DTD anyway, then fine, but not worth it to go out of the way. It's owned by the same company who owns Rainforest Cafe so very similar food and atmospheres. Very chain-restaurant like since they are chains, so just not a unique experience to me.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

So I'm thinking we'll probably end up at T-Rex, only because we do want to hit DTD for an evening, and if we don't get to go on the day we are at AK then we won't be able to fit it in at all. If I make an ADR around 6:30pm is leaving AK about 4:15pm going to give us enough time to get to DTD, taking into consideration we are using the buses?

Old 03-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #11
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I might take a bus to POR or FQ. SSR. The take the boat to DTD. It is a nice ride. It would be fun. But it could take a long time! 2 hours should be enough time. But.....??We usually take whatever bus is there and transfer to DTD from that resort. Not always the quickest but at least we are sitting down in the A/C. Trex is one of our favorite places. Hope you enjoy it!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Forgot to add. We were just at RFC about 10 days ago. It was probably around 4:30-5. We had no problem getting seats at the bar and the restaurant was not packed. We love RFC too!!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

So if we take a bus to a resort and grab another bus to DTD can we get off at the Pleasure Island bus stop? Do all the DTD buses stop at the Pleasure Island stop? It seems looking at a map that the PI stop is closer to T-Rex. Then, when we are finished with our meal, we'll walk the opposite direction and do some shopping along the Marketplace shops while walking to the Marketplace bus stop. Make sense?

Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Yes! You got it!! They stop right in front of Planet Hollywood.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

Does anyone happen to know the cost of a taxi ride from AK to DTD? And how do you go about calling a taxi from there?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: