Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Well it's official. We will be back in Disney May 24-31!!! Instead of 8.5 months to plan, I now have 2.5. But the savings are worth it!

We (me, DH, and 8 yo b/g twins) went last November. It was a surprise birthday trip for the kids. It was DH and the kids first time to Disney. We floated on pixie dust for 4 magical days. DH loved it so much, that instead of spending our 10th anniversary in Belize, we decided on another family trip to WDW. We planned for Thanksgiving week. I showed him the current spring deals to let him know what might be available in the fall and he said, "Well lets go in May." The kids are helping us plan for the trip this time, but they don't know the dates have changed. Oh how I love surprises!

It was going to cost just under $2800 for 8 days/7 nights at ASMu with a preferred room and 7 day base tickets, for our November trip. I just paid $2688.78 for 8 days/7 nights at ASSp, 7 day base tickets, quick service dining and insurance! And we will be there for one of the Star Wars Weekends! We are huge Star Wars geeks.

And now to start planning the details.

Last edited by Zooshoveller; 03-06-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Saved.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
Well it's official. We will be back in Disney May 24-31!!!
Ohh!!! Me too!!!

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

I did go to Best Buy last night and bought a new camera. A Canon PowerShot SX160 IS. It also takes 720 HDp video. I took my DSLR last year and that joker weighed 100 lbs at the end of the day! I'm thinking about Photopass+ this time. Not one photo of DH and I together last year.

The Best Buy website had a sale price of $150, but the store sale price was $180. They gave me the website price and 10% off a hard clamshell CaseLogic case because the one I really wanted wasn't in stock.

I also bought new SD cards at Costco. 2 for the same price of just 1 at Best Buy.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Current Itinerary: (with help from Easy WDW!)

Friday - leave at the crack of dawn, check in after lunch, MK

Saturday - HS for Star Wars!!!

Sunday - AK

Monday - EP

Tuesday - MK

Wednesday - MK

Thursday - ??? maybe HS depending on what all was missed due to SWW festivities.

Friday - Check out, DTD, head home

Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
JKMJ441724

Quote:

Sunday - AK

Monday - EP
OMG - either we are great planners or just think alike! that's our agenda. We have park hoppers. So after Monday, we are kinda winging it. Pretty sure that we are going to hit the water parks, but not sure where we will end up in the afternoons. We wanted to drive down Thursday after school but my daughter's fifth grade graduation starts at 7:30 p.m. So we will be getting up really early (it's about a 9 hour drive for us) so we can make our Liberty Tree Tavern reservations for our son's 9th birthday party at 5:45.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724

OMG - either we are great planners or just think alike! that's our agenda. We have park hoppers. So after Monday, we are kinda winging it. Pretty sure that we are going to hit the water parks, but not sure where we will end up in the afternoons. We wanted to drive down Thursday after school but my daughter's fifth grade graduation starts at 7:30 p.m. So we will be getting up really early (it's about a 9 hour drive for us) so we can make our Liberty Tree Tavern reservations for our son's 9th birthday party at 5:45.
Well obviously it's because we are fabulous! LOL

Its about 8 hours for us (Montgomery, AL)

Old 03-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Went to pick up some sweatpants for the kids and found our van had been broken into. Nothing was stolen, we had nothing of value in it. I'm so ticked off right now. We will find out tomorrow how much this is going to cost.

I just keep telling myself its just glass, nothing was stolen, we weren't hurt.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

We will be there the same time. I have lots of plans for SWW. My DS8 is a huge Star Wars fan.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Well it's official. We will be back in Disney May 24-31!!! Instead of 8.5 months to plan, I now have 2.5. But the savings are worth it!

We (me, DH, and 8 yo b/g twins) went last November. It was a surprise birthday trip for the kids. It was DH and the kids first time to Disney. We floated on pixie dust for 4 magical days. DH loved it so much, that instead of spending our 10th anniversary in Belize, we decided on another family trip to WDW. We planned for Thanksgiving week. I showed him the current spring deals to let him know what might be available in the fall and he said, "Well lets go in May." The kids are helping us plan for the trip this time, but they don't know the dates have changed. Oh how I love surprises!

It was going to cost just under $2800 for 8 days/7 nights at ASMu with a preferred room and 7 day base tickets, for our November trip. I just paid $2688.78 for 8 days/7 nights at ASSp, 7 day base tickets, quick service dining and insurance! And we will be there for one of the Star Wars Weekends! We are huge Star Wars geeks.

And now to start planning the details.
How cool going sooner than expected! I love surprising my loved ones too. twin b/g 8 year olds. lucky you!! enjoy. I have multiples also, they years fly. 8 is a good age. How wonderful you DH enjoys it as much as you~!
Quote:
I did go to Best Buy last night and bought a new camera. A Canon PowerShot SX160 IS. It also takes 720 HDp video. I took my DSLR last year and that joker weighed 100 lbs at the end of the day! I'm thinking about Photopass+ this time. Not one photo of DH and I together last year.
Shopping/planning for the trip is so much fun. The build up to the big event. photopass... I think I am going to prepurchase our upcoming trip also.
The Best Buy website had a sale price of $150, but the store sale price was $180. They gave me the website price and 10% off a hard clamshell CaseLogic case because the one I really wanted wasn't in stock.

I also bought new SD cards at Costco. 2 for the same price of just 1 at Best Buy.
Great bargain shoppint!

Quote:

Sunday - AK

Monday - EP

Tuesday - MK

Wednesday - MK

Thursday - ??? maybe HS depending on what all was missed due to SWW festivities.

Friday - Check out, DTD, head home
I'm not sure if you have been in the spring/summer before, have you considered a pool/water park day?

Quote:
Went to pick up some sweatpants for the kids and found our van had been broken into. Nothing was stolen, we had nothing of value in it. I'm so ticked off right now. We will find out tomorrow how much this is going to cost.

I just keep telling myself its just glass, nothing was stolen, we weren't hurt.
THIS STINKS! serious dislike! I'm sorry you have to go through this. It must feel so uncomfortable knowing someone was going through your personal belongings. Even if they didn't take anything (which is certainly great they didn't & like you say, noone was hurt!) it must still be a crummy feeling.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

The force was with us this morning. My parents took the kids to church and DH and I went to a junk yard. $20 and an hour later, the busted window was replaced! The forecast calls for a lot of rain tomorrow. Every place we called wanted $250 and the soonest they could do it would be the day after all the rain. Um, yeah, no thanks.

I love junk yards. I found an Auburn tag for the front of the van. They let me have it for free.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #13
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

The Force was with us tonight!

We decided to do one character meal and picked Tusker House for breakfast. I checked this afternoon, and they only had 10:30. I checked back after dinner and 8:20 was available! Woohoo!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Itinerary has changed a little. We are now going to drive most of the way Thursday right after school. "Hey kids it's officially summer. The vans packed. Lets go to WDW." I found a nice hotel in Lake City with free breakfast. DH said we would be too excited to sleep and getting up before dawn to drive 8 hours could lead to cranky people at MK. LOL

49 days until we leave! I need to start planning outfits. I know I need a couple more shorts and the kids would love Disney/Star Wars shirts. And purchase Photopass+. I think that's all that's left. Clothes and PP+.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #15
JKMJ441724

Quote:
49 days until we leave!
Here's a woohoo!!!

Make sure you have your lime-green Mickey head on one of your bags! That way if I see you I can say hello

Last edited by JKMJ441724; 04-04-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Our tickers are the same - how awesome is that?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: