Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
karibritt01
The primary problem with America is stupidity. Maybe we should just take all the warning labels off and let the problem solve itself.

I camp with Girl Scouts often. Our favorite go to dinner is "Walking Taco". Brown hamburger with taco seasoning. Spoon into an individual sized bag of Fritos, and top with cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Very easy and fast, and only a couple dishes to wash.

For breakfast, try an omlet in a bag. Put eggs and omlet fixings in a heavy duty freezer bag, zip closed, and mash. Use tongs to hold it in boiling water until cooked through. Yummy eggs... no dishes!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #17
OrlandoEsq
Earning My Ears

Great tips, thank you for sharing!
OrlandoEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #18
luvmyfam444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibritt01 View Post
I camp with Girl Scouts often. Our favorite go to dinner is "Walking Taco". Brown hamburger with taco seasoning. Spoon into an individual sized bag of Fritos, and top with cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Very easy and fast, and only a couple dishes to wash.

For breakfast, try an omlet in a bag. Put eggs and omlet fixings in a heavy duty freezer bag, zip closed, and mash. Use tongs to hold it in boiling water until cooked through. Yummy eggs... no dishes!
Did the omelette in the bag...dh thought I was crazy! he was surprised when it worked! THANKS! LOVED it!
luvmyfam444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #19
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

CAMPING LiST

KITCHEN:

Electric Skillet (Teflon)
Toaster Oven(one that will bake can biscuits or cinnamon rolls)
I have bought the toaster & oven combination( to not take two) but oven doesn't work as well! I go back & forth from combination or both oven and toaster! LOL
Toaster
Pots & Pans (Coleman stackable set is good if space is limited)
Teapot
Coffee Pot
1 cookie sheet(small size)
1 square pan (small size)
Crockpot (taken on occasion)
Grill (small one on camper now)have a larger one that collapses if needed!
Grill Brush & Cleaner
Grill set (includes steak knives)
Ice trays & bin for ice
I have a kitchen inside and outside. I keep a couple of pans, spatula, fork, 1 big spoon, stored outside as well, just incase I get up early and start breakfast , before everyones up in the morning. I keep toaster, electric skillet, stored in camper handy to outside door.

SOMETIMES ICE CREAM MAKER
(Rock Salt, Milk, Cream, Eggs, Sugar, Vanilla, Extra Ice)

Silverware
Kitchen Set (consisting of Spatula, Ladle, Whisk, Big Spoon, Spoon with slats ,etc.,) I keep this inside hung above stove!
Knife (a medium size one good one for slicing tomatoes or potatoes! A large one to cut watermelon)
Can Opener (non electric)
4-8 plates (plastic, Tupperware or Corning Ware. Knives will ruin your Tupperware or plastic so I put a set of Corning Ware too!)
4-8 Glasses & 4 cups
4-8 bowls
1-plastic and Corning ware platter
Cups, plates, silverware for kids
Paper plates, cups, napkins ,paper towels, plastic silverware
1 Colander
1 measuring cup
1 measuring spoons
1 cutting board
1 Big Bowl with a lid for my watermelon
1 pineapple Corer/Slicer (love fresh pineapple!)
2 Pitcher(at least one) I use for tea, lemonade, good to fill ice trays up from outside water!

Paper towel holder (either attached or free standing, I use both.)
Napkin holder(I have one attached under cabinet & one for table)
Paper plate holder(I have one attached under cabinets for those cheap paper plates)
Salt & Pepper shakers with lids(Tupperware is good)
Canister set for meal, flour, sugar
1 small (size of a large glass) plastic or Tupperware holder for sugar with lid
1-2 canisters for cereal
Bag of plastic color clothes pins for chips(everyone kept carrying the chips and chip clips off)
3 Dish Pans (collapsible at campers world if needed for space)
Timer
Radio clock(Electric)
Clock on the wall (Battery operated)

GROCERIES
(I leave in camper when we are camping in the summer often!)

Oil
Meal ,flour, sugar,
Salt & Pepper
Catsup, Mustard, Mayo, Pickles (always have extra unopened on shelf)
Canned goods
Crackers (in Tupperware)
Cereal(in Tupperware)
Dish liquid
Bars of extra soap
Liquid hand soap(I use one inside at sink, inside at bathroom, and one outside! Sometimes a small bar of soap at the water hose hookup!)
Paper Towels& Napkins
Aluminum foil
Saran wrap
Baggies (sandwich, quart, gallon)
Garbage bags (kitchen & large size)
Toilet Tissue(for RV)
Kleenex
Cleaners(Windex, Scrub & Bubbles, Clorox Wipes, Lysol, cleaner for black water tank, etc.,)

LINENS
(Pillows ,Sheets, blankets, towels, beach towels(more if I go to the beach), wash cloths, dish towels dish rags, potholders,)

MEDICAL KIT
(band aids, kids band aids, thermometer, Tylenol, kids Tylenol, Advil, alcohol pads, mosquito stick, Sting & Poison Ivy)
first aid creme
Bactine
Benadryl
Neosporin
Sunscreen
Aloe
Bug spray for us(safe for children to use)

ANY MEDICATIONS SOMEONE IS ON!

SEWING KIT

FLY SWAT
Wasp & Hornet Spray
Ant & Roach Spray

GAMES & FUN STUFF!
Scrabble ,UNO, regular deck of cards, coloring books, crayons, story books for the kids, Frisbee, bubbles, bat & ball etc.,
Pad & Pens
Floats & Arm Floaties
Beach floats (beach)
Sand Buckets(beach)
Life Jackets (especially at the lake)
Other? toys kids may take

OUTDOOR:

Broom & Dust pan
Hand vac ( I bought one with long handle)
Fan
Flashlight
Coleman lamp
Radio with light (Battery operated)
Matches(keep mine in a plastic container that icing came in) & lighter
Candles for outside(bug repellent)
Tiki Torches(tall ones for ground, small ones for table)
Oil for torches
Fire starter
Firewood when we camp near home!(especially at the lake with a group)

SCREEN ROOM

SMALL PUP TENT (we use when I go ahead and claim a site before my husband takes the camper to the lake). A few times kids have slept in it just because they wanted too!

Folding chairs for adults a kids
Folding table
3 matching Table Cloths (1 large for picnic table, 1 large cut in half for benches, 1 smaller for folding table)
Table cloth holders( I find that most of the time these never work because the table is to thick and use bungee cords linked together (hooks facing ground under table) to hold my table cloth and bench covers on.

Clothes line & clothes pins(cloth clothes pin holder)
Folding clothes line(I have one attached to camper & one for ground)
I have 2 very small clothes lines (campers world)that hang on the corner of screen room or camper awning. Just for a swim suit or two!
Collapsible garbage bag holder(we have ended up with 2) 1 that holds a bag with a flip lid that we put inside another that zips with a lid.(home depot for leaves)
Bag Holder(very helpful to hold grocery plastic bags in)Plastic and attaches, to wall.
1 small & 1 med plastic garbage bins (bath & kitchen)
2 small rugs 1 inside & 1 outside door
Rug outside camper(open weaved from campers world-my favorite & easy to fold!) but I have used everything from a $ 5.00 tarp with a small rug at door to outdoor green grassy looking carpet.

Cooler(big one supposed to keep ice for several days)
Cooler(sometimes I bring the smaller one , too! Holds about 12 drinks.)
Collapsible cooler(very small-6 drinks)
Ice machine(We had to have, nice to have, but hardly ever use! Its just easier to buy a bag of ice!)

Hose with a sprayer especially at the beach! We saw someone use black vinyl mat from their truck to stand on when rinsing their feet and we bought a small one last year. Works Well!
Tasteless water hose (supposed to be!)
Water filter (between camper and water hose)
Double connecter for water hose hook up
Sewer Hose & connecters

Antenna cables
Satellite Dish & Receivers
Movies
CD's

Folding step
Folding ladder
Sand pads for Jacks to set on
Blocks of wood
Wheel Chock(Block in between tires)

Tool bag(hammer, small axe, tape, drill, wrench, pliers, screw drivers, assorted nuts, bolts and screws, extra fuses) ropes, tent stakes, battery powered drill. My husband used to lower the stabilizing jacks.
2-4 old rags

REFILL GAS TANKS

CHECK WATER SOURCES FOR LEAKS

PERSONAL ITEMS I KEEP IN THE CAMPER:
When I did this! It made camping easier for me!
Seems like I always had to hunt one of these items for someone!

1-Beach Bag for each person (for clothes & towel)
1-Pair of flip flops for each person
1- small shaving or makeup kit that zips(Walmart) for each person!
I bought the clear bags & put name inside with a piece of tape. My husband has a black one, my son in-law has camouflaged one.

Each makeup bag or shaving kit contains:
(1- travel size shampoo & conditioner, lotion, deodorant, spray perfume toothpaste, toothbrush & holder, floss, small scope, shower gel & sponge(in case we forget our wash cloth), bar soap in container, shaver & gel or cream,1 band aid, small Kleenex, brush, set of pony tail holders, nail clipper set etc.,)

(my husbands in addition has electric shaver, pre electric shave, after shave)

(Kids & babies are fixed with kids tear free shampoo & baby wash, their toothbrush, baby lotion, other items they may need.)

At Walmart (in the travel size section)I bought a couple of small travel bags with travel size bath items included for $5 each for when I have guest that come without. They have them for men & women.

BATHROOMIn the bathroom I keep the same things we need above in the cabinet. Adults & Kids Shampoo, Conditioner, Deodorant, brush, etc., I have a net with pockets on the shower tub that also holds shampoo, etc., I have a vinyl shoe holder with pockets hung on the back of the door. (keeps hair brushes or whatever we've drug out up). I did shorten this last one because of grandkids taking stuff out! LOL!

Hair Dryer
Curling Iron
Mirror
Travel size iron
Downy wrinkle releaser spray

CLOTHES & ITEMS I KEEP IN CAMPERI don't leave my clothes packed in the camper but theres a few things I leave! I always take different clothes depending on weather, where I am going & how many days. So my clothes go in and come out after the trip.

Jacket
Rain Poncho's
Sweatshirt
PJ'S
Swimsuit
Hat for husband
Belt for husband
Flip Flops
Umbrella
Hairspray
Small bag of makeup
sunglasses
1 pair of reading glasses
Solution for contacts & Contac holders

STORAGE IDEAS:Plastic Bins with lids(Walmart, Home Depot Etc.,)
Plastic Drawers
Plastic Collapsible bins( I have 2 and I set under camper for toys and shoes) These are the easiest to store out of the way and can just pop up when needed!
I like anything that folds down, No matter if Its made of plastic or cloth. I will usually buy it!
I've also found good storage sometimes is under the mattress for an extra blanket for example. I had to do this in my pop up!

FOR THE DIRTY CLOTHES:
Clothes Hamper
Clothes Basket
Plastic Bin
Garbage Bag
Other?
You need something and somewhere out of the way, even if its dirty laundry in a garbage bag thrown in the back of the truck! Just make sure your husband doesn't think its garbage and throws your dirty laundry away!

COOKING:
I've been known to bring one of the following already baked, ham ,roast, lasagna, or sauce made for spaghetti or tacos, and some kind of desert already fixed to start the camping trip off! it makes it a little easier for when you first arrive! It varies what I do!
After I get there I usually will cook at least one big breakfast even on a weekend trip. I usually fix enough that we have enough biscuits, eggs, bacon, or pancakes left over for breakfast the next day. Other than that I fix as we need to eat.
We usually always grill something, chicken, steak, pork chops, hamburgers, hotdogs, potatoes, veggie packs. Sometimes we will have a few hotdogs or hamburgers left over for another meal. It just depends!

PACKING
I've always packed to how much room I have & how many are going, no matter if its in the back of the truck taking a tent, in a Pop-up, or an RV!
Sometimes our camper can end up having too much especially after a trip to the beach! Thats when you have to go thru and weed it out if its not being used! For instance I just took out a hand mixer this spring! LOL! It wasn't really in the way but I never bake while camping and if I fix potatoes their baked, grilled or instant!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 04-06-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #20
lodge
DIS Veteran

someone posted this a while back: http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/list.html
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #21
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Sorry! Maybe between the two theres nothing forgotten! LOL!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

I purchased 4 collapsable garbage cans from the BSA. Got them on clearance for 1.66 each.

I will line one with a trash bag and put dirty clothes in it. I use a white trash bag, so I know not to throw it away! (I use dark trash bags for the trash.) Helps to keep it contained, and when we're done, I just close up the bag and collapse it back down.

They're good to put trash in too, as long as you empty them before you leave and before bed. Don't want to leave trash laying around, tempting the animals!

I also use one for trips to the beach. All the yucky wet towels or swimsuits go in it, containing the wet and sand.
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #23
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedana View Post
I purchased 4 collapsable garbage cans from the BSA. Got them on clearance for 1.66 each.

I will line one with a trash bag and put dirty clothes in it. I use a white trash bag, so I know not to throw it away! (I use dark trash bags for the trash.) Helps to keep it contained, and when we're done, I just close up the bag and collapse it back down.
So funny you mentioned them for dirty clothes! I thought how good they would probably be for dirty clothes after I did my list! But I only have one & will have to get another! Mine wasn't that cheap though! Never thought to use a different color bag for the clothes and one color for the trash! Good Idea! Thanks for sharing that!

Last year at the beach I put a couple of bins/lids under my camper. As the beach & bath towels dried and needed washing I'd throw in the bins. We use our towels a couple of times before washing. When the bins got full I took them, washed them and folded them back in bins to use! I like the bins but.. you can only take so many! LOL!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 04-06-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #24
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

3 Favorite Appliances!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #25
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Bake set!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 04-06-2013 at 11:49 PM. Reason: 3 I've used 3 I've not!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #26
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Anything that Stacks helps small storage space!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 04-06-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Under the sink storage!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #27
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Over the sink storage!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #28
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Sink Cover husband made from 2 cutting boards!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 04-07-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Made it first in another camper then trimmed to fit this one!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #29
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

I like two boards to leave one and use the sink on other side!

Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #30
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

One piece sink cover that camper came with

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: