Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #16
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2012 View Post
Joining in! October is such a great time of year and I love BLT!

October is our favorite month overall - so excited to be in Disney for it! I bet we will be loving BLT too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
Joining in too. Hope to hear more soon :P
I am trying!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #17
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So delayed.... as promised! I have had a lot of real life changes and I'm trying to adjust. It's been a lot of ups and downs - but we are getting there! I am now at home full time and trying to adjust to this. My husband got a promotion and the next few months are pretty busy with him training and traveling. Needless to say I am looking forward to our week in NC in June!!

So this is mostly going to be a post about ADR's and not too heavy on park plans. We actually might just wing it- a little..... not fully decided though!

Sunday -

Our arrival time in MCO is 9:50 am on Sunday October 6th. First, hotel check in.... I am excited for our stay at BLT and made a few requests in hope for a view of MK - only lake view was available when I booked the trip.

We plan on heading over to Epcot and start gathering PP+, switch our APs to RFID card (or bands! If they have them) and then off to F&W for lunch. We have no idea where we might go but we will go somewhere!

After lunch we will go back to our room if it ready. We will relax, maybe take a dip in the pool, get coffee and get ready for dinner at 5:30 here.....

We have a 5:30 ADR at Artist's Point. I'm so excited! This will be on our actual anniversary day and should be a wonderful meal. Afterwards we will head to MK and go to MNSSHP!!

Monday -

While some might think 7:30 is early, this is a late breakfast for us! I was planning on quick service, but most places just don't have anything I would eat. I have a hard time stomaching breakfast and having something a little fresh, and good coffee is sort of important.... Plus my husband is an egg kind of guy and the scrambled eggs everyday probably wouldn't go over well.... So on this day we are dining at Kouzzina.... Opa!

For dinner we have an ADR at The Yachtsman.... I have always heard such great reviews and have to try!

Tuesday-

Again with our 7:30 breakfast! This time it is at Kona....

Not for this.....

But this!

I love coffee so I am excited to try it and see what it's all about.

Tonight's dinner will be at the Flying Fish. I have been wanting to try this place for ages! Our ADR is at 5:30 because we enjoy early meals. Plus it leaves us plenty of time for snacking later on!

Wednesday-

Yes... I couldn't help myself...... Guess where our next breakfast ADR is.... Here is a hint....

Yep! Cinderella's Royal Table. We will dine with royalty and its an 8:25 AM ADR and right now that means pre park opening!!! So I am hoping to get in early enough to get quite a few pre park photos

So here it is... our last signature dinner..... 5:30 at......

Citricos! My husband chose this over Narcossee and I am curious to try it. I have to say there may have been other places I wanted to try, but this made the most sense for this trip. I do plan on now incorporating signature dining with my kids, and we picked places we felt that would not be as kid friendly on this trip. Our plan with the kids is Jiko and in park signature.....

Thursday - departure day.... Our flight does leave around 6 so I planned a breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe.... At 7:30! We will then head over to MK and spend the morning there.... Luckily the Disney Depression shouldn't be too bad since we will be heading back out to the world in January....

So there you have it... My ADRs at a glance! I will post eventually my park plans. Probably like a month out when the hours are more accurate. Also, just not having kids in tow will make this such an "easy" trip. Our focus is going to be, hanging out, trying new things and thrill rides that my girls might not be able to enjoy in January......

My thing that I am planning now is clothing..... it's more of what summer clothes am I going to buy that will also be great in Florida... I am thinking lots of sundresses!

***ALL images were obtained through google images - I tried to pick pictures that gave original photographer credit***

Last edited by SAT887; 04-26-2013 at 10:35 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #18
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Love the choices!!! I cant wait to hear about Kouzzina and GF Cafe breakfasts. Those two are on my list! The castle is too, if I can convince DH. We ate at Kona last year, but we arent big coffee drinkers so no pressed pot for us. I want to try a signature next time. Probably Yachtsman or Cali Grill, depending where we stay. Are you renting a car or using busses and/or taxis for your resort meals?

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Love the choices!!! I cant wait to hear about Kouzzina and GF Cafe breakfasts. Those two are on my list! The castle is too, if I can convince DH. We ate at Kona last year, but we arent big coffee drinkers so no pressed pot for us. I want to try a signature next time. Probably Yachtsman or Cali Grill, depending where we stay. Are you renting a car or using busses and/or taxis for your resort meals?
We always rent a car. I have control issues!! Also we usually have the kids and its just easier because we leave a ton of stuff in the car instead of lugging it everywhere....

I will definitely do a better job with my dining experiences this TR... I will probably only do iPhone shots of food - I can't say how comfy I would be pulling out my DSLR at dinner I love Cali Grill- it has always been a favorite- I'm curious to see how things rank after this trip though
Old 04-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #20
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Ok.... This trip is in complete overhaul....

Like going September 7th to the 14th and bringing the kids I felt too guilty leaving them home....
Old 04-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #21
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post

Like going September 7th to the 14th and bringing the kids I felt too guilty leaving them home....
I followed your previous TR and just found your PTR. I don't blame you--I'd feel guilty leaving the kids home too.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #22
happybelle
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
happybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #23
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What?! Now that is a trip change way beyond any of mine!! Well, cant wait to hear the new plans!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #24
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post

I followed your previous TR and just found your PTR. I don't blame you--I'd feel guilty leaving the kids home too.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans.

Hey! Are you still running ToT? I watched a planning video and it was all over when Zoey had that dreamy Disney induced look on her face... How is your munchkin? As cute as ever I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybelle View Post
Joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post

What?! Now that is a trip change way beyond any of mine!! Well, cant wait to hear the new plans!
Haha completely off guard right? I am hoping to lay out some park plans and get some ADRs done tonight. The tone of the trip has changed.... A little updates and additional intros are coming!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #25
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey! Are you still running ToT? I watched a planning video and it was all over when Zoey had that dreamy Disney induced look on her face... How is your munchkin? As cute as ever I hope!
Yep, I'm running it! Luke is doing great. I actually signed him up for one of the kids' races that weekend. Which is probably ridiculous. But the pictures will be SO CUTE.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #26
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yep, I'm running it! Luke is doing great. I actually signed him up for one of the kids' races that weekend. Which is probably ridiculous. But the pictures will be SO CUTE.
The pictures will be darling! It's that kind of feeling that made us change our mind and bring the kids. Makes me kick myself for not getting Zoey an AP last year but whatever We are really excited to stay at Kidani any tips?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #27
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Sarah!! I'm looking forward to tagging along!! Your dining line up includes some of my favorites.... sounds like you have some changes to your trip to note.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #28
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are really excited to stay at Kidani any tips?
When we stayed there I really wish we'd gotten a room near the lobby. We were at the very end of the hallway and it was seriously like a ten minute walk. We DID request "lower floor near the lobby" but we got the exact opposite, so I guess this really isn't helpful advice.

If you have to go back and forth between Kidani and Jambo, sometimes it's faster to walk instead of waiting for a bus. The beverage station at The Mara is so much better than the one in the gift shop at Kidani, so we went over there to refill our refillable mugs whenever practical. We had our car, so we would just stop there on our way to or from the parks.

There were a LOT of activities that looked really fun, but Luke wasn't old enough to enjoy them yet.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #29
SAT887
DIS Veteran

A change in plans....

So, my PTR has gone from signature dining, food and WINE as grown ups to hoping my oldest daughter will hit 40 inches in the next 3 months!! Is it possible? She’s a munchkin, a shrimp and teeny tiny… However, hoping that the Disney magic works and my adrenaline junkie daughter will finally be able to go on a few of her future favorites!!

So, a few days ago a Disney Planning video arrived (I really can’t help myself!) so we watched… Guess who wanted to go Disney right then and there? Yep… This kid!

How could I not feel guilty?! To add to it, both of us were getting cold feet about being away from them for so long. So a quick text to Zack… Saying something like… “Want to change our vacation dates and take the kids to Disney in September?” a few searches for flights and and room availability and we rebooked! The new dates: September 7th- September 14th. Where ? 7 nights at Kidani Village in a 1 bedroom standard. I am a little sad we will not be at BLT, however, I am sure we will have a stay there soon enough….. I found amazing prices on flights, about $90 each way! How could I not change! Plus, we can now celebrate Zoey’s birthday, Zack’s birthday and our wedding anniversary.
So now it is a family trip It should be a ton of fun, Olive will be 2, Zoey will have just turned 4 and we will all be together!

At the Grand Floridian in December….

So a few things we want to do on this trip….

1) MNSSHP
2) Dine at a signature with the kids! (am I crazy?!?)
3) Villains Bash (Friday the 13th ooooo Spoooooky!)
4) Chip & Dale Campfire & Singalong
5) Characterpalooza
6) Tons and Tons of meet & greets!
7) First haircut for Zoey.. Olive too?
8) Not be sick our entire vacation!

I have made most of our ADR’s made so I will post those soon with a very basic park schedule. Well, this was one way to shave a month off of waiting for our trip!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #30
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Sarah!! I'm looking forward to tagging along!! Your dining line up includes some of my favorites.... sounds like you have some changes to your trip to note.
Hi Brenda! Glad to see you have joined We decided we are going to try one of the signatures for our trip, and probably skip all of the breakfasts I posted. We will be staying in a villa, and its generally easier to get the kids fed and going in the room than at a restaurant... However, I do think we will have a few characters breakfasts and Boma...

Quote:
When we stayed there I really wish we'd gotten a room near the lobby. We were at the very end of the hallway and it was seriously like a ten minute walk. We DID request "lower floor near the lobby" but we got the exact opposite, so I guess this really isn't helpful advice.

If you have to go back and forth between Kidani and Jambo, sometimes it's faster to walk instead of waiting for a bus. The beverage station at The Mara is so much better than the one in the gift shop at Kidani, so we went over there to refill our refillable mugs whenever practical. We had our car, so we would just stop there on our way to or from the parks.

There were a LOT of activities that looked really fun, but Luke wasn't old enough to enjoy them yet.
Great to know. I requested a pool view - I wonder if there is one close to the lobby. We will be checking in early so crossing my fingers for either an awesome room assigner OR an awesome CM If not who cares we will be in WDW! I saw that AKL had a ton of activities - Zoey is at this great age for that stuff too - should be good if we go back for nap times in the afternoon for Olive... Although - we are going to try and avoid them, Olive seems to just sleep when she needs to and not when we want her to

Tags
dvc, kidani village, mnsshp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: