Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
crmscotland
DIS Veteran

Smile What would make a trip to DLP even better?

What would make a trip to DLP even better? (other than making it less expensive )

1. What new attraction/show would you like at DLP? (or what old one would you like them to bring back)? I wish they would be re-introduce the Lion King show.

2. What other things could DLP improve?

I wish you could make ADRs online like you can for WDW.
Also l'd like the official website to have restaurant menus, prices & details of days closed/opening hours.
For shareholders l'd like Salon Mickey to be open a bit longer.

Oh and l'd like them to sell the Dole Whip!

2013 DLP - HNY
2010 WDW - CBR
2008 DLP - DLH
2007 DLP - Sequoia Lodge
2006 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne
2001 DLP - Santa Fe
2000 DCA - Disneyland Pacific Hotel
1995 WDW - offsite
1993 DLP - offsite

Last edited by crmscotland; 03-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
crmscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Enforce the no smoking rules or Ban smoking in the two parks completely

Start work on the Marvel Land in WDS now, not waiting until Kitchen Calamity is finished.

Sort out the ownership of the front of the train station and put a proper security check entrance in place.

Bring forward the plans for the Star Wars Land in Discoveryland.

Build the Little Mermaid dark ride in Fantasyland

Build the Jungle Boat Cruise in Adventureland

Start work on the new WDS hotel and convention centre.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
markpsych
DIS Veteran

- Somebody suggested a while back that the parks should close for 1-2 months each new year for a general refurb. This struck me as a good idea, as it would help to standardise the quality of visits more generally, in terms of fewer ride closures, etc.

- I'd like to see the general quality of the restaurants improve consistently

- Less generic merchandise in the shops

- Better use of the Chaparral and Videopolis theaters (and the Luck Nugget Stage)

- Attractions like Les Pirouettes du Vieux Moulin (The bucket ride) and the Keel Boats re-opened

- The little pavilion at the exit of the Small World ride re-opened (minus the telecom reference). My kids used to spend ages in there when they were younger, and it complimented the attraction beautifully

http://www.designingdisney.com/conte...es-fantasyland

Last edited by markpsych; 03-17-2013 at 08:41 AM.
markpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #4
cinderslg
Mouseketeer

For me it would have to be bring back the shows! This will be my first visit and not a show of any description happening........ not good
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
markpsych
DIS Veteran

- Almost forgot....have never seen the geysers working!

- Or been in the canoes: http://www.designingdisney.com/conte...s-frontierland

- And would love to see the arcade next to Star Tours revamped. The extortionately priced games could be free (as they are in the arcade at Futuroscope), but ideally it would house more innovative technology like it did originally: http://www.designingdisney.com/conte...-discoveryland

Last edited by markpsych; 03-17-2013 at 08:48 AM.
markpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Completely bulldoze the village, with the exception of the Earl Of Sandwich and rebuild, this time with some imagination, flair and nice landscaping. Is somewhere pleasant to sit too much to ask?

Some unique merchandise in the World Of Disney Store, most stuff you can buy in the other stores.

The Studios park needs some major thinking too, the entrance is great however, once you walk out through Studio 1 it's just a mass of buildings with no theme or character.

Ban smoking.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

Salon Mickey is used for other things rather than just the shateholders, so I dont think that one will hapoen :-( But I'd like for them just to keep up with the refurb of the park and make it how it used to be. We don't need a Pixie Hollow etc as I think WDW is worse off for their expansion, just good old fashioned magic and atmosphere would do me :-)

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

- Get some WDW/DLR CMs over to teach some of the DLRP ones how it should be done.

- Add Soarin' (I'm sure there used to be a rumour about Soarin' Over Europe being a possibility)

- Do something with the miserable back end of Discoveryland - it's horrible back there.

- Ban smoking and enforce the ban.

- More CMs around to stop pushing at characters, shows etc.

- Add a proper Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

- Up food quality

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
sky13
Mouseketeer

- Agree with torsie24 that some version of Soarin' would be great - really loved it and it would be nice to see a Europe version in DLP!

- Would also be nice to see Star Tours upgraded to the new version with variable stories...

- Improve the official DLP website, at the moment finding things on it is a bit of a nightmare. More information on everything would also be good! Perhaps even an Annual Pass page in English? I also hate how I have to mute my speakers everytime as there is a little too much music and random sounds on the website (though this is minor compared to trying to find things on the website)...

- Enforce no smoking rules too - it's bad when you're stuck in a queue or waiting for the parade or similar and someone right next to you starts smoking...

- Expand Studio 1 in WDS maybe - it just gets so crowded when it's busy and very difficult to move through it into the main park! Or have an alternative route into the main park.

- Have a direct route between WDS and Disneyland that will shorten time for park hopping (as it's a long detour to get from say Frontierland to Crush's Coaster)...

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpsych View Post
- Somebody suggested a while back that the parks should close for 1-2 months each new year for a general refurb. This struck me as a good idea, as it would help to standardise the quality of visits more generally, in terms of fewer ride closures, etc.
With the hotels now running at 90% capacity I can't see this happening
It's a very good idea but too expensive to implement the loss in revenue would be too high.

Quote:
- Attractions like Les Pirouettes du Vieux Moulin (The bucket ride) and the Keel Boats re-opened
I noticed last week that the buckets on Les Pirouettes du Vieux Moulin have been removed It was a nice ride but very slow to load.

For the Keel Boats the CMs now need to have passed a safety course on water navigation and safety. As the Keel Boats are real boats. Only a few CMs have been trained on and passed this course, it appears now that these boats only open during the peak summer season.

Quote:
- The little pavilion at the exit of the Small World ride re-opened (minus the telecom reference). My kids used to spend ages in there when they were younger, and it complimented the attraction beautifully
the World Chorus pavilion has been converted into the Princess Pavilion now for Princess meet and greats so that's not coming back
Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #11
Madhattermad
Mouseketeer

The one thing that would make it an absolute dream for me would be if they would sell adult costumes

They could still enforce the rule that no adult can be dressed up in the parks/village but it would make me so happy to buy a cosume and dress up in hotel/at home!

So sad I know but I would love that!

Also agree with bringing back the Lion King show!
Madhattermad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #12
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

New characters out and about: those aristocrats that were around for Valentine's Day, Merida and Mother Gothel, Pocahontas, John Smith and Meeko, Louis and Charlotte le Bouff, more Dwarfs, King Triton, Maid Marion, Blue fairy, Flower, Tarzan (might be a bit cold most of the year for him) Jane and Turk, Flower.... just a few ideas but have LOTS of them out at a time to minimise scrums.

Something new and amazing in the theatre where CEO makes occasional appearances.

More distinction between different boutiques and their merchandise.

A veggie restaurant with CHOICE and seasonal variety.

More loos in Studios.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Ban smoking!!
free wifi in the hotels
Add extra princess to the pavilion (maybe 3 instead of 1).
Rethink the menus and price of the princess meal!!!!! Sorry but were in disneyland we dont need fine dinning and if we did it shouldnt be at a character meal!!
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyirl View Post
Ban smoking!!
free wifi in the hotels
Add extra princess to the pavilion (maybe 3 instead of 1).
Rethink the menus and price of the princess meal!!!!! Sorry but were in disneyland we dont need fine dinning and if we did it shouldnt be at a character meal!!
Free wifi in the hotels is being installed this year

I think the fine dinning menu at the Princess Meal works very well. It really does add to the whole atmosphere of the experience.

Burger and fries would just not work in such beautiful surroundings.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

i think they really need to add some entertainment. they need to have a live show in the park

the princess pavillion is a long wait for only one princess, i think that is a bit of a let down

let fast food live up to its name and be fast. nothing worse than standing in a queue for over half an hour with only a handful of people in front of you. seriously what takes so long???

more character meets

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread