Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #46
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

This morning we headed back to Epcot for a couple hours. We headed to Soarin first to get some FP. They were only up to 10:35 by the time we got there. Not bad. Then we headed over to TT. The wait was posted at 20 minutes, but it was more like 40. No big deal, we enjoyed the queue line and designing our cars again. Here's my design. Kinda like a minivan.

After that, we had a little time before our FP, so we went to see Nemo again. Once we used our FP, we decided it was time for a snack. Koala was so hungry he couldn't even wait till we got a picture before he started eating.

The rest of the cookie was delicious!

After wandering through a couple of stores on the way out, we headed to Olive Garden for lunch. The OG at home is so busy we can never get in for lunch or dinner so we try to get a couple in here each trip.

There was a group at the table right behind us which made our experience very interesting. Let's just say there was yelling, someone walked out and part of a breadstick ended up on our table. Koala and I were not to blame this time.

After an hour or so at the pool this afternoon, we are going to head to MK shortly. Hopefully the rain will hold off!
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #47
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Looks like you've had a lot of fun! I will try to find out the translation on that backpack when we go in a few weeks....perhaps if Koala can remember it, he can get the new backpack next time!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #48
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

I'm glad you weren't responsible for the fiasco at Olive Garden. Sounds like a great day. I hope you enjoy MK tonight!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #49
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Koala says thanks, Chellymouse! He really liked that frog for some reason!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #50
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

The rain did not hold off this evening! There were definitely some torrential downpours. Thank goodness Mom and Dad brought ponchos big enough to cover the backpack Koala and I ride around in.

We decided that it would be a good idea to take the bus tonight. Less walking in the rain, waiting for a tram, etc. Too bad it took a half an hour for the MK bus to show up! Oh well, it was a quick ride to MK once it did show up. As we pulled in, it started to sprinkle. We had just enough time to get onto the train and into Frontierland before it started to pour. We grabbed FP to BTMRR and then walked over to Pecos Bill's cafe and stood under a patio umbrella there until it let up a little.

We decided to head over to the Laugh Floor. It was an awesome show tonight except for one little thing...Buddy Boyle nominated me to buy churros for everyone after the show. I'm not kidding. Even Marty brought me back onto the screen a few times during his act. It was so cool!!! But, since I didn't have any money and my sponsors frown on my signing autographs, I had to get out of there fast at the end of the show!!

Then it was on to Buzz. You're not going to believe this, but Mom got 719,300! That was totally unbelievable, so I took a picture to prove it!

I don't know what she did, but this was awesome. I thought there should have been a confetti cannon at the end. No such luck. I'll make my own confetti and throw her a celebration when she least expects it.

After some chicken nuggets at Starlight Rays, we headed to BTMRR to use our FP. It was definitely one of the best rides ever! Mom thought it was going to go off the track a couple times. You would think for as many times as she's been on that ride she would know better. But it did seem to go a lot faster tonight.

We headed back toward Main Street by Pirates. I had a nice chat with these guys. Next time I will have to remember my eyepatch...

After getting rained on, we were still a little cold and decided it was time to head back to SSR. The bus pulled up right as we got to the waiting area, so we were back in record time.

Dad had a little surprise for Koala when he got back.

His very own Bubba. Koala is now asking to be called Bubba Koala or Bubba K for short. I hope this wears off soon!

I wish we could stay longer, but we have to head home tomorrow morning. We'll be on the road by 6am. Back to work, back to snow, back to reality. Not so much fun, but we sure did have a good trip and can't wait to come back in November. I'll post an update when I get home to let you know what my evil cat Chloe got into while we were away.

I'll let you know how our trip through West Virginia is. I hope we don't have to stop there. I'm afraid they may try to steal Bubba...he looks like he would fit right in there.

We are so glad to have the chance to come as often as we do and are glad to share our trips with all of you. Thanks for following along with our adventures!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #51
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRmonkey View Post
The rain did not hold off this evening! There were definitely some torrential downpours. Thank goodness Mom and Dad brought ponchos big enough to cover the backpack Koala and I ride around in.

We decided that it would be a good idea to take the bus tonight. Less walking in the rain, waiting for a tram, etc. Too bad it took a half an hour for the MK bus to show up! Oh well, it was a quick ride to MK once it did show up. As we pulled in, it started to sprinkle. We had just enough time to get onto the train and into Frontierland before it started to pour. We grabbed FP to BTMRR and then walked over to Pecos Bill's cafe and stood under a patio umbrella there until it let up a little.

We decided to head over to the Laugh Floor. It was an awesome show tonight except for one little thing...Buddy Boyle nominated me to buy churros for everyone after the show. I'm not kidding. Even Marty brought me back onto the screen a few times during his act. It was so cool!!! But, since I didn't have any money and my sponsors frown on my signing autographs, I had to get out of there fast at the end of the show!!

Then it was on to Buzz. You're not going to believe this, but Mom got 719,300! That was totally unbelievable, so I took a picture to prove it!

I don't know what she did, but this was awesome. I thought there should have been a confetti cannon at the end. No such luck. I'll make my own confetti and throw her a celebration when she least expects it.

After some chicken nuggets at Starlight Rays, we headed to BTMRR to use our FP. It was definitely one of the best rides ever! Mom thought it was going to go off the track a couple times. You would think for as many times as she's been on that ride she would know better. But it did seem to go a lot faster tonight.

We headed back toward Main Street by Pirates. I had a nice chat with these guys. Next time I will have to remember my eyepatch...

After getting rained on, we were still a little cold and decided it was time to head back to SSR. The bus pulled up right as we got to the waiting area, so we were back in record time.

Dad had a little surprise for Koala when he got back.

His very own Bubba. Koala is now asking to be called Bubba Koala or Bubba K for short. I hope this wears off soon!

I wish we could stay longer, but we have to head home tomorrow morning. We'll be on the road by 6am. Back to work, back to snow, back to reality. Not so much fun, but we sure did have a good trip and can't wait to come back in November. I'll post an update when I get home to let you know what my evil cat Chloe got into while we were away.

I'll let you know how our trip through West Virginia is. I hope we don't have to stop there. I'm afraid they may try to steal Bubba...he looks like he would fit right in there.

We are so glad to have the chance to come as often as we do and are glad to share our trips with all of you. Thanks for following along with our adventures!
The mystery of the "stranger" has now been identified. Hope Koala behaves in the care with his new friend. Safe travels home! Hopefully you don't run into the storm coming up from the south! Perhaps the evil cat Chloe actually behaved herself this week!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #52
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Hope you and Bubba K enjoy safe travels home. I'll be looking forward to your report in November!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #53
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Hope you include a picture of Chloe. Nice TR!
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #54
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

So glad to see that y'all had a great time! Love SSRmonkey trip reports! Hope chloe doesn't attack y'all too bad. Maybe she will break in bubba and leave you alone.

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #55
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

Glad you missed the awful storm today -- and since Mom and Dad picked up a horrible "virus" (hint,hint), they obviously will need to stay home tomorrow to catch the final round of the golf tournament wherein Tiger leaps back to Numero uno! I hadn't heard yet, til they announced it the other day that Bubba had bought his old house in Isleworth! Hugs to Chloe. Thanks for another topnotch fun TR.
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #56
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

mecllap--I heard the same thing about Bubba a little while ago. Apparently they gutted it and started from scratch. I was hoping we would win the powerball last night and become a Florida resident myself. But I would have been looking at Golden Oak.

Last edited by SSRmonkey; 03-24-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #57
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

We finally made it home around 11:45pm last night. It was a long day of driving, but after Koala finally fell asleep and stopped carrying on a conversation with Bubba, it was good. Until we ran into the rockslide in W VA that shut down I-77. Dad made his own detour, though, and we were able to avoid a lot of the traffic that was being diverted from the interstate.

Chloe was actually glad to see us. I think we surprised her getting home so late. She was a little sleepy when we first got home, but followed us around until we went to bed. She didn't even try to eat Bubba!

Today she was very content to have us home. Mom got all the laundry done, not that they can wear any of the clothes they were wearing in Florida since it's only 34 degrees here today. Oh well. Back to work tomorrow. On Tuesday, Dad is having surgery on his knee, so I'll have my hands full waiting on him. I'm a pretty good nurse, so I'll be glad to pay him back for taking me along on such a great vacation.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes for a safe trip and thanks again for following along with us.

Hope you all sleep tight, just like Chloe.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #58
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRmonkey View Post
She looks so sweet there, you would never know that she was an evil cat.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #59
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Franandaj--just don't wake her up!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #60
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

She must be a wolf in sheep clothing because she looks like so angelic sleeping.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: