Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

The rice crispy treat looks so good!!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #17
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Aaaahhhhh. What a great day. The weather today was beautiful. Sunny and warm, but not hot. It was perfect!

This afternoon we went to Epcot. We arrived around 2:00. Our first stop was TT to get FP. They were for 7:50. We headed over to the F&G Festival Center. After a quick trip through the Cool Spot, we walked over to the World Showcase.

Koala has been bugging us to start a band. He wanted either bagpipes or an accordion. Since those are quite possibly the most annoying instruments in the world, I got him to settle on a tambourine from Mexico.

There are a lot of food stands around, making things feel like a mini Food and Wine Festival, less a bunch of tipsy people. Oh wait, nope. It's St. Patricks Day, so there were a few tipsy people, but mostly everyone behaved (including me). I did see some green beer though. I left my ID in the room, so I wasn't allowed to partake. It's probably better that way.

Wasssup?!?!

This chihuahua looks like he let Gene Simmons do his eye makeup.

Umm...what is this?!?!

Turns out its a creepy puppet that looks kinda like a rat, but is, in fact, a cat...with rabies apparently.

Off to Italy.

I wish both ears were made of pizza.

These cats were giving me their version of the finger. They were giving me the paw. I didn't do anything to them, I swear!!

We decided to take a break from the WS and headed over to Beach Club. We sat under a tree for a while and watched for Leprechauns. And ducks. We saw lots of both.

We walked around to Big River Grille and had some dinner and then back to Epcot. After walking around the rest of the WS, I wanted to go to Canada, but Dad said that we live too close already, he didn't need to go in. Ouch, eh.

Weekend at Bernie's...flower pot edition.

This reminded me of a docile version of my evil cat Chloe. She couldn't bite me though.

My Grandma has been thinking about making a fairy garden. I thought these were some good examples from Tink's Butterfly Tent.

Rollerskates!!!

After that we headed to Figgy and Nemo. The line for Soarin was really long, so we thought we would catch that another day.

We still had some time to kill before TT, so we went to Fountain View for some dessert. We all shared cookie dough ice cream with sprinkles! It was delicious.

Now, it was finally time for TT. We got over there and the FP line was super long. I don't know if the ride went down for a while or what, but it didn't take too long to get in. The changes to the ride are cool and I'm glad there is no more video. That got old fast. Besides the high speed loop, my favorite parts of the upgrade are the aerodynamic test and the tricked out semi. I was worried they would take that out. I'm glad they didn't!

It had been a long day, so we decided to head back to SSR for the night.

So Mom has been eating fluffernutter sandwiches almost daily for several months now. Dad had a great idea to use rice krispie as the bread and put peanut butter (Jif only, of course) and fluff on that. O...M...G!! So good! It comes highly recommended by our whole family. Nothing like adding more calories. Good thing Mom wore her Fitbit today and saw that we walked over 11 miles! (Glad I was riding in the bag!)

Not sure what tomorrow holds, but I'm going to dream about my very own bike. How much convincing will it take to get me one of these to keep?

Good night!!
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #18
eeyoremagic
Earning My Ears

I am following you on both fb and here. (Makes me sound kinda stalkerish but us Disney lovers have to stick together.) I just love hearing all about your adventures. Only 13 more days for us!! I can't wait to try out the new tt. So glad the video is gone.
eeyoremagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #19
BethanyF
Id rather be 'stuck' at SSR
This just happened at the right time
I got in with no problem

Love, love, LOVE the pics in today's update. But, they are really making me miss Flower & Garden this year.
We decided on a summer trip to Disneyland instead of our normal spring break trip to WDW. Definitley not skipping Flower & Garden next year.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #20
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Love your duds, SSRMonkey. Looking so dapper. The F and G displays are beautiful. You had an incredible day minus those cats giving you the paw. They must be related to your evil cat Chloe.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #21
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

Love the pics from the fairy tent -- you've inspired this Grandma, too. I'm getting ready to put in a butterfly garden -- think I'll also make it a fairy garden (I used to make fairy houses when I was little -- time to try it again for my second childhood!). Still loving your TR's.
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #22
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

It's another beautiful day here. It's about 79 degrees and a little cloudy. That makes for perfect weather.

This morning we went to MK and headed right to BTMRR. We got FP just in case, and then did a walk on. We even got the first row! It was awesome. I was almost able to catch a possum, but the train turned too fast.

After that, we went over to Pirates, but it wasn't open. Bummer. So we headed to HM. I volunteered to be the 1000th ghost, but after reviewing the application, I realized that the menu there isn't the best. And they don't offer healthcare. So I passed. Anyone who is thinking of volunteering better read the fine print. Wouldn't I have made an awesome hitchhiking ghost?

After that, we went over to Pooh for some bouncin' with Tigger.

This is what I looked like when I was eating the rice krispie treat with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff last night.

We walked over to Laugh Floor, but there was a big line so we decided we would try that later. Besides, I need some time to work on my jokes.

Back to Pirates so Koala could practice his pirate voice..."Dead Men Tell No Tales"...once he hears that, that's pretty much all he says the rest of the day. I keep telling him, "Dead Koala's can't say anything." It doesn't have the same ring to it, but it gets the point across.

We were really hungry then so we decided to head out and get some lunch. Now we are off to do some adventuring in the Greater Orlando area. I'll let you know what exciting things we find!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #23
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Looks like you're having an awesome trip! Still cold with freezing rain up here! I'm sure the cats giving you the paw are somehow related to your evil cat Chloe! Love all the pics! We will be there the last week of F&G fest and the first weekend of SWW so hopefully most of the displays will still be up! Hope you had a fun afternoon! How's dad's knee holding up? Now I have to go buy some PB and krispie treats! Hope your paws weren't too sticky!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #24
ccigliano
DVC Member WLV

So glad to see you guys again. I love your trip reports. Here is hoping for sunny and 80 for the next few days. Have a great trip!
Off Site Dec 97 ~ CSR Dec 98 ~ OKW Dec 99 ~ OKW Dec 00 ~ WLV Dec 01 ~ WLV Mar 02 ~ WLV Dec 02 ~ WLV Dec 03 ~ WLV Nov 04 ~ WLV Feb 05 ~ SSR/WLV Dec 05 ~ WLV May 06 ~ WLV Nov 06 ~ WLV Dec07 ~ SSR Apr 08 ~ OKW Sep 08 ~ WLV Nov/Dec 08 ~ WLV Dec 09 ~ AKV KSV Feb 10 ~ BLT LV May 10 ~ SSR Sep 10 ~ WLV Nov 10 ~ SSR Jan11 ~ WLV/BCV Mar 11~Dream/WLV Dec 11~WLV Feb 12~Grand Floridian/WLV Dec12~WLV Jan13~WLV Mar 13~WLV Dec 13

ccigliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #25
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Thanks, everybody for following along with me. It's nice to have so many friends out there in the big, not so blue world.

You guys are right, I think Chloe and those cats are somehow in cahoots. Chloe is like Levi in the Amish Mafia. Minus the Cadillac of course.

Chellymouse, Dad's knee is ok, thanks for asking. He's been taking a lot of Tylenol. I guess that's the only thing he can take since it's so close to his surgery. We've been walking at a slower pace than usual, but that's ok. I don't get as sea sick in the bag that way. I can't wait for your TR from SWW (a.k.a. Squatch Walking Weekend)!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #26
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Who's bright idea was it to go "adventuring" into the Greater Orlando Area? I can't believe we made it back alive. There were several parts of town that I'm sure I saw on episodes of Cops. Not to mention that we passed the Sherrif's station (twice) and a big correctional facility alarmingly close to the Mall at Millenia area. So here's what happened...

Things started out fine when we went to Edwin Watts golf to pick these up...

I'm super excited to go to the Arnold Palmer Invitational practice round tomorrow. I'm hoping to see Phil and Tiger (I will take plenty of hand sanitizer 'cause you never know where he's been), and of course, Bubba Watson. If you haven't seen his latest YouTube video with Rickie Fowler and a couple other guys, check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiiOqybRvsM

I'm gonna button up...I'm gonna button up... Ok, you get the point.

So then we had this great idea to go to a store that we heard about that sells retired Disney memorabilia. Umm...think "Hoarders, Disney edition"... In the words of Charles Barkley, it was "turrible". If we would have been driving a Honda, I'm sure that our car would have been in pieces by the time we got out with all the chop shops that were in the same "business park". And I think they were giving someone cement shoes in the gravel pit. I'll stick to checking their stuff out online.

After that we headed back through the 'hood, past too many pawn shops to count, and a long strip of auto dealers. Just past that hot mess we saw this...

I know this is hard to read...it says "Always Giving a Service to Remember." That plus a casket for $2995. What a screamin' deal.

Then we passed the bridal store with a puppy store in the basement suspiciously close to a lot of Chinese restaurants. Enough said.

We were on our way to a cake supply store because Koala has been helping Mom make some special cakes. We heard about this place on the Internet, but had no idea what we would have to experience to get there. It turned out to be awesome and now Koala will stop whining about not being able to find edible glitter to put on top of his ponds on golf course cakes. He says it makes the water look so much more realistic.

On the way back, after checking the door locks 20 or so times, we spotted this.

The billboard on the back of the bus said that the Titanic experience is now sponsored by Carnival. Just kidding. Too soon?

We finally got back to civilization and did some outlet mall shopping tonight. I was really hoping to get a Slap Chop or a ShamWow, but I had to settle for eating some of the cake supplies Mom bought earlier in the day. Koala wondered why I was sparkling all night...don't tell him I ate his edible glitter.

I am going to be a grumpy monkey in the morning if I don't go to bed. Dad is making us get up at 6am (on vacation!!) to go catch a Tiger by his toe. And yes, I'm going to make him holla before I let him go. Unless Lyndsey Vonn is there. She scares me. At least I should be able to outrun her with her recent knee problem.

Last edited by SSRmonkey; 03-18-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #27
Cee
DIS Veteran

Nothing beats a ShamWOW.
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #28
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

I haven't been up that early since...well, ok, since last Friday when we left home. Word on the street is that if you want to see Tiger at these golf tournaments, you should be there early. Apparently early is 7am. And apparently Mom and Dad didn't think about the fact that the sun isn't up yet at 7am. We drove on the course to get to the parking area. That was fun until we narrowly avoided a bunker. It came out of nowhere. Anyway, we got to walk the Bay Hill course before sunrise. It was actually pretty nice to meander around.

Unfortunately, Tiger, Phil and Bubba didn't show up before we left, but I got some nice shots of the course as we were walking around.

Brandt Snedeker

The grandstands at 18.

Koala created a distraction while I tried to steal this. I was going to take it to one of the pawn shops I saw yesterday. Just before I was going to try to take it, I realized I just put suncreen on and my paws were to slippery to get a good grip. Maybe tomorrow...

I am totally going to try to get a pair of these pants...

Keegan Bradley

How is this relevant? Maybe an inflatable Arnold Palmer (the person or the drink) would be better.

We got hungry and left to get some food around 11am. I was able to get Brandt and Keegan to sign my flag. I hope to get some more autographs tomorrow.

When we got back, we headed to the pool and did some laundry. Now my socks are clean!

Tonight we may head to DTD since we haven't spent much time there yet. I'll keep you posted!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #29
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRmonkey View Post
Thanks, everybody for following along with me. It's nice to have so many friends out there in the big, not so blue world.

You guys are right, I think Chloe and those cats are somehow in cahoots. Chloe is like Levi in the Amish Mafia. Minus the Cadillac of course.

Chellymouse, Dad's knee is ok, thanks for asking. He's been taking a lot of Tylenol. I guess that's the only thing he can take since it's so close to his surgery. We've been walking at a slower pace than usual, but that's ok. I don't get as sea sick in the bag that way. I can't wait for your TR from SWW (a.k.a. Squatch Walking Weekend)!
LOL! Squatch Walking Weekend...I love it!! Good to hear dad's knee is holding up! Your poor parents...I would hate to see you sea sick in the bag! Well, you and Koala too, of course! It's also a bonus "bottomless pit" excursion with F&G having food and beverage offerings! Hope your parents let you try a rum dole whip!

[/IMG]
Old 03-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #30
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Wow did you ever find the 'hood! Your pics are just plain scary! Glad you made it back safely. If Koala finds out you ate his edible glitter, I found a link on Amazon...you could buy him some for his next birthday! The golf course looks beautiful! Hopefully you get a pawful of Tiger tomorrow (and get into lawful trouble trying to take an extra souvenier home!)

[/IMG]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: