Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #31
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina View Post

No matter where you get them the activation process starts immediately once purchased at the register. It may take a couple of hours, but usually it happens pretty quickly.
Exactly. I was just responding to the previous poster who mentioned getting receipts for inactivated cards at TDS, which isn't possible.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #32
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee

Exactly. I was just responding to the previous poster who mentioned getting receipts for inactivated cards at TDS, which isn't possible.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #33
Midnightred
DIS Veteran

I love using Disney Gift Cards! I learned about it on these boards. I like to buy them, then load more money on them for the trip. It's different having the giftcards when you are at the park, because you don't take money from your bank account, and you don't have to pay the money back, like if you used a credit card. Last trip I had only 1 card, but for my trip in July, I already have 5, or one for each day. Love the idea of taking 1 card out each day for budgeting! Plus, the designs are really fun!

Midnightred
Midnightred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #34
happydisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

I am officially a fan of using Disney gift cards at Disney. We just got back yesterday and it worked better than expected. I had bought and set aside gift cards slowly but surely and used it to budget our food, tax and tip included, snacks, and souvenirs plus a little cash on the side. Every time we decided to eat somewhere nice or splurge on snacks, dh would look at me and I would tell him, "I already included it in the budget." We did not have to touch our debit card at all for any of the food or souvenirs. We got everything we wanted and dh and the kids were extremely satisfied with our meals and desserts. We are already planning to go back at the end of this year and I intend to start saving some Disney gift cards for our next trip.

happydisneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #35
disneydeb64
Got My Ears, Thank You : )

I am a fan of the cards as well. I purchase them with Christmas/birthday money, garage sale and eBay sale money, and my Scentsy biz income. That way I feel like a good portion of our DLR trip is almost "free" (no money drawn from our bank account). Plus it's fun to collect all the different designs. When I do make a gift card purchase, I always get multiples in the lowest $25 denom. I use the bulk of them to make payments on our vacation package, so wind up taking only a few to DLR.
disneydeb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #36
nicleigh84
Earning My Ears

I just read this thread and called to try to combine my gift cards. The woman told me no, they do not consolidate gift cards.

I have 8 different cards from Christmas but Disney will only let you use one card to purchase park tickets. Grrr.
nicleigh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #37
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicleigh84 View Post
I just read this thread and called to try to combine my gift cards. The woman told me no, they do not consolidate gift cards.

I have 8 different cards from Christmas but Disney will only let you use one card to purchase park tickets. Grrr.
Do you have a Disney Store near you? If so, you can use more than one when paying in store.

Disclaimer: You did not mention which ticket(s) you are interested in. TDS only carries 3,4, and 5 day PHs.

Hope that helps!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #38
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

I have 8 different cards from Christmas but Disney will only let you use one card to purchase park tickets. Grrr.[/QUOTE]

I payed for my ap(voucher) at the Disney store with over 10 gift cards, no problems.
Wcpedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #39
pharmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicleigh84 View Post

Do you mean online or ??? You can use as many gift cards as you want to pay for tickets at the ticket booths.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #40
NeedDCLFix
Earning My Ears

My wife and I purchased our annual passes using 24 gift cards in $50 denominations we had purchased from Target at 5% off. We didn't save them over time or anything like that. We knew we were going to spend the money, so a day or two before we went to the park, we loaded up at Target.

It took the booth agent at the park about 15 minutes to scan them all, but knowing we had saved about $60 for what was essentially doing nothing other than making a quick stop at Target was quite rewarding. The cast member scanning all the cards said she was actually having fun doing so. "I like seeing your total balance go down with each one swiped."

She then asked if we had been saving for a long time. I didn't want to get into a whole explanation of what we had done, so I just said, "Uh, yeah."

I SHOULD have said, "Yes, we've had to save for a LONG time because whenever we get close to affording your prices, you raise them!"
NeedDCLFix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #41
drujaz
Mouseketeer

What is the biggest denomination giftcard you can get at Target?
I'd like to start this tradition and see if I can get $100.00 cards with the 5% discount so I only have to take one card to the parks each day.
drujaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #42
pharmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drujaz View Post
What is the biggest denomination giftcard you can get at Target?
I'd like to start this tradition and see if I can get $100.00 cards with the 5% discount so I only have to take one card to the parks each day.
My Target (San Mateo, CA) only has $25 and $50 cards. I have seen one report on here of $100 cards at a target near the holidays but I've never seen them at mine (even at the holidays).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #43
babyatlas
Mouseketeer

i am new to this disney gift card thing....we are going next month and i have some fun money set aside for each of my girls. i also have a target red card so maybe i should get them a few dollars more and purchase gift cards!

my questions:

are the cards good at ANY location in downtown disney?

if you were to book on-site hotel accomodations do they work for that as well? do you have to book directly through disney to use them for this purpose?

THANKS!
babyatlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #44
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

How does the Target pharmacy "stack" an extra 5%?

Does that mean you purchase them at the pharmacy window?
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #45
disneydeb64
Got My Ears, Thank You : )

Just wondering if anyone has used ABC Gift Cards to buy theirs? They're a buy/sell/trade site, and I'm thinking of going through them for a few cards. They state they are only good for US Disney stores, or DisneyStore.com, not park admission, which is fine - but I'm wondering if WOD is considered Disney Store?
disneydeb64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: