Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Disney Gift Card question

Hi eveyone. My DH and I have been buying Disney gift cards weekly from Safeway to save for our trip and now have about $350 in gift cards ranging from $25 to $50 increments. Does anyone know of there isa way to get them all loaded onto one at the park itself or if this is even possible ?

It's a shot in the dark but figured we would ask..Thanks !
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
CateinPhoenix
Mouseketeer

We stock up on giftcards too....I haven't heard of any way to get them all on one.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

The only way I've heard to do it is to apply all of the gift cards to your room charge for a stay and any leftover gift card amount will be returned on a single card. Not exactly what you were hoping for, but that's the closest I've heard.

I'm going to find out if this even works when we go in a couple weeks. I have a couple thousand in gift cards from the Target Xmas deal and I want to combine them into one for my travel agent to apply to our cruise.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As the PPs have said, there is no way to combine several cards onto one card. You'll have to use each of them, but you can use multiple cards on one transaction. My family collects the gift cards, so we load them with small amounts ($5 to $100) and then use them in the parks. They're kind of thick, but I've carried 20 at one time before it wasn't too bad.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

People on other boards have reported having no luck with this. They were trying to combine all the gift cards onto 1 card for buying tickets. I think they were told by Guest Services, their local Disney Store, and CMs in ticketing that they could use all the gift cards for their purchase, but that there is currently no way to load all the separate cards onto one card. We asked this same question a while ago and were told the same answer.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Thanks everyone for your responses. We bought them to get extra gas points and to "pre pay" for our meals/extras , etc. Guess I'll be dragging around the heavy wallet haha. Thanks for your responses. I figured as much but never hurts to ask !
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
JalenJade
Mouseketeer

There is 1 exception that I found yesterday. If you are registering for an event (such as a tour) they only take 3 gift cards over the phone. The total would be more than three gift cards so I called Disney Gift Cards (number on the back of your card) and they said they'd make an exception and load the values of a few cards onto one card so I could purchase the tour with it.
JalenJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
sleepymouse
Mouseketeer

Can only be combined onto 1 card if purchased from Disney Store, not yet activated and you have the receipt for all of them. I had 40 of them that I wanted to combine but could not since purchased from Target. Luckily, I could use them all separately to pay for vacation.
sleepymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

In 2011, I was able to call the number on the back of the card and consolidate. I had to call during business hours though. Calling after hours sent me to a department that couldn't do it.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #10
pennyring
Thrift Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymouse View Post
Can only be combined onto 1 card if purchased from Disney Store, not yet activated and you have the receipt for all of them. I had 40 of them that I wanted to combine but could not since purchased from Target. Luckily, I could use them all separately to pay for vacation.
This doesn't make sense. If they are not yet activated, you wouldn't have a receipt. They "activate" when you buy them.

I know the Target receipts say they will be active "within 3 hours", but they have always been active IMMEDIATELY for me right after purchase. As in, I walked out to my car, called the number on back of the card to check, and yep, active.

Anyway, I bought a ton of Target Disney gift cards and have used them over the past few weeks to buy our Park Hoppers at the Disney Store. Works like a charm and I totally recommend it.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenJade View Post
There is 1 exception that I found yesterday. If you are registering for an event (such as a tour) they only take 3 gift cards over the phone.
Thanks for that information. I actually had been wondering what the policy was for booking a tour with gift cards as I have some I wanted to use for the purpose. Good to know.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
Jazzheffa
Earning My Ears

Also there is a great Disney giftcard ap! You don't her to wonder what's left.

I wish I had that Disney feeling at work.
Jazzheffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #13
heidibrigham
Earning My Ears

where should I buy gift cards?

Where is the best place to purchase gift cards? I see Target mentioned a lot,do they have specials?
heidibrigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #14
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidibrigham View Post
Where is the best place to purchase gift cards? I see Target mentioned a lot,do they have specials?
If you have a Target RedCard (debit or credit) your 5% discount applies to Disney Gift Cards.

If you're a member of Target's pharmacy rewards program you can also stack the one day discount you get for filling 5 Rx's. I believe that's 5% as well, but I don't know for sure. I joined the pharmacy rewards program, but it could be years before we fill enough scripts to get the discount.

Some people also choose to buy Disney Gift Cards at their grocery store, no discount on the gift cards that I know of, but you can rack up points toward fuel discounts, which can be a good deal.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #15
nana50
DIS Veteran

If you use a $50.00 gift card and spend $40.00 do they give you real cash back or Disney dollars?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: