Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
DisneyGuy
Mouseketeer

Be Our Guest - is there no hope?

Ok, so don't laugh, but I'm going to Disney in a couple of months and just now decided I'd like to take my friend to Be Our Guest for dinner. I've been there for lunch before, and know all about it and how it works, but since this is basically my friends first time at Disney, and her favorite Disney movie is "Beauty and the Beast", I'd like to get this reservation. I know it's booked solid until January 2014 (so I was told from a Disney rep) and figured as much, but there was no harm in calling, right? So I did. I know it was probably booked even when I planned the trip, since it was only about 4 months ago.

So, do I have any hope that magically a time slot could open up? We are there for 4 nights, however, 1 night is the Halloween party so I wouldn't do it then. We have a 3 night chance to make this happen. I was also told not to bother even trying the day of as a walk in - not going to happen - it's reservations only.

I guess I shouldn't give up, and I won't - but has anyone had luck with a last minute reservation? and by last minute, I mean 2 months out or sooner?
DisneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy View Post
Ok, so don't laugh, but I'm going to Disney in a couple of months and just now decided I'd like to take my friend to Be Our Guest for dinner. I've been there for lunch before, and know all about it and how it works, but since this is basically my friends first time at Disney, and her favorite Disney movie is "Beauty and the Beast", I'd like to get this reservation. I know it's booked solid until January 2014 (so I was told from a Disney rep) and figured as much, but there was no harm in calling, right? So I did. I know it was probably booked even when I planned the trip, since it was only about 4 months ago.

So, do I have any hope that magically a time slot could open up? We are there for 4 nights, however, 1 night is the Halloween party so I wouldn't do it then. We have a 3 night chance to make this happen. I was also told not to bother even trying the day of as a walk in - not going to happen - it's reservations only.

I guess I shouldn't give up, and I won't - but has anyone had luck with a last minute reservation? and by last minute, I mean 2 months out or sooner?
There can be cancellations, so you never know. If you are open to very early or very late meals, you might get in. Good luck and keep trying!
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
DisneyGuy
Mouseketeer

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Keep checking online multiple times a day. People will cancel as their plans change especially since BOG requires a credit card guarantee. You can continue checking even after you arrive at DW.

You can also subscribe to the cancellation thread. Here's the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1802381

or if you're going in October:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106023
Old 07-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Another hope:

In July, they decided to open up the 3rd dining room, which resulted in lots of ADRs being available for each day in July from that point forward.

So:

IF they decide to keep the 3 rooms open for dinner going forward,

AND

IF they hadn't already decided this at 180 days out,

THEN there will be lots of openings when ADRs to fill the 3rd room are released.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
DisneyGuy
Mouseketeer

All the replies I have read sound great! I'm going to hope for the best. I was glad to find out it was a credit card guarantee reservation!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

I just got a BOG dinner reservation for our last night in Disney on Aug 21! I was amazed! I only got it because I subscribed to the August cancellation thread
hannahmachell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
AwayWeGo
Earning My Ears

I called at my 180 day mark at lunchtime and it was booked. (I had not realized the importance of a 7am call at that time.)
Since then I have tried every day to make a reservation for the two days we will be in MK. (We don't do hoppers.) I am also subscribed to the cancellation thread and it sends an alert email to my phone as soon as it's posted.
Still no luck, but there is hope!
I'm betting around the 45 day mark before time to go something will open up. That's when the balance on the vacation is due so people may cancel their trip altogether. Good luck!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
ttigger81
Mouseketeer

Don't give up hope! Keep checking each day!

I'm not saying it is a guarantee, but in June I travelled with my friend and it was her first time as well. I had a reservation for BOG but had to cancel. However; one evening we tried for a walk up and were told none were available but to check back later. We returned about 45 minutes later (around 7:45) and scored a table

I'm not saying it will happen, but also know that it is an option!!

May 1988 Off-Site December 1993 FW October 1996 CBR December 1998 Off-Site May 2000 Off-Site May 2001 Poly and DCL December 2003 GF June 2004 Off-Site December 2009 VWL June 2010 POR February/March 2011 OKW June 2011 POP November 2012 ASMusic April 2013 AOA(surprise trip for boys) June 2013 POR (royal room)
ttigger81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
plove53
Mouseketeer

How (busy) is the quick service... for lunch? You may have to do that? It is in the same place.
Aug 2010 - Third Trip for me Coronado Springs
Aug 2013 - Fourth Trip - Caribbean Beach Resort
Aug 2014 - POP POP going back to POP

plove53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
ShuisFan584
Bowler & Softball player!
STAR pitcher!
Alright already, get Sheridan and Luis back together or fuggedaboutit!

I tried booking at 180 out with no luck. But I still check online reservations everyday, sometimes a couple times of day. People have to make changes and cancel reservations from time to time, so you never know when something might show up. If the timing is right, there's certainly a possibility you can find an opening. Just keep trying!

ShuisFan584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #12
orangefan15
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was also told not to bother even trying the day of as a walk in - not going to happen - it's reservations only.
Don't know who told you this, but I had dinner as a walk-in the Sunday before 4th of July (so a relatively busy time of year). Best bet if you have to go that route is to check right as they open for dinner or later in the evening (after 7-8pm).
orangefan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #13
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I agree with the others to keep checking every day multiple times a day. People cancel all the time and you never know when something might become available. I read a thread awhile back that someone was taking a last minute trip and out of the blue checked BOG for an ADR a day or two before they were leaving and was able to get one.....so it does happen....keep trying .

ETA: Here's the link to the thread I was talking about http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126146

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
nittanyliongirl02
DIS Veteran

There IS hope! I only booked my reservations for October last month, so I was well beyond the 180 day mark. So I subscribed to the cancelled ADR thread for October, not really hoping to get anything (although I secretly wanted BOG), then one night someone was posting a cancellation that I could use, so we coordinated times, and DH and I will now be eating there during our vacation! I will continue to check though as the 45 day cancellation day is approaching! Good luck!
2007 (POP)* 2007 (CSR and MVMCP)*2008 (Disneymoon at CSR and MNSSHP)
*2009 (AKL and MVMCP)
*2013 (POFQ and MNSSHP)*2014 (POR)

nittanyliongirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
strawberrylilacs
Earning My Ears

If I had answered this yesterday I would have said there was not much hope HOWEVER an hour ago I got a reservation for four in four days!!!!!!!

I had gotten an Email reminding me that I would be charged a cancellation fee if I did not use my Ohana ressie in 3 days. That got me thinking - people with BOG ressies are getting emails too and some may cancel and sure enough I grabbed one. I had tried at least twice daily for months now and apparently persistence does pay off! Good luck!
strawberrylilacs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: