Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
leannaparsons
Earning My Ears

Smile The Parsons family on a quest for magic, Dole Whips and GASTON!

Hello fellow Dislovers!
You either clicked on here to read an awesome trip report or to make fun of me& either way I hope you have some laughs reading this!
Let's get right into it - WHO THE HECK AM I! Calm down! I'm Leanna from the miserable UK. This is my FIRST trip report, though one or two of you may have followed along with my recent live twitterings from this very WDW trip - in which case, hello!

I should say right here that this TR is going to be HIGHLY unprofessional as I only decided to write it on one of the last days in Disney World. So I see this as an outlet to reminisce and hopefully at least someone will read this and get something out of it! Keep in mind there will be lacking in areas a traditional TR would hold essential. Not to worry though! - I have a good memory and a very precise written schedule to refer to. That's something you should also probably know in advance. When it comes to planning our WDW trips I become a monster. A monster of organisation! I plan EVERYTHING. The full itinerary - from booking ADR'S to making a day by day schedule based off of the EMH's provided months in advance. This holiday is NOT 'go with the flow'. There will be no 'pool day' or 'lay-ins'! (I don't understand how anyone can lay in when there's a freaking castle down the road). So prepare yourself to get as tired and worn out reading this as we were getting up at 5.45 for rope drop and getting in at 1am to do it all over again. All in the name of spending as many hours in the parks as possible- perfection! So without further delay& meet the PARSONS!

Here we go! Let's make this short and sweet with a brief disfamily history and a quick dis bio for everyone involved on the trip- you know the drill.

DISFAMILY HISTORY

It all began in 1998 with our first trip to Walt Disney World. My parents thought it was a one off- but were instantly hooked! From then on we have annually alternated between the original Disneyland and Walt Disney World, with one trip to Paris thrown in there somewhere too (we never went back, go figure). I'm sure we enjoyed it but given the choice, you chose America every time. I'll let you figure out how many trips that is. Our love for Disney grows each year and we have recently started getting into D23. We missed this years event because-HELLO NEW FANTASYLAND! Though I'm sure after all the fun we had at D23 2011 we'll be back soon!

LEANNA!

That's me! I'm the Disney 'Freak' and total girly-girl of the family! I'm 20 years old and Princess mad! I love ALL areas of the company. Seriously, I want to know as much as possible!

Favourite park : Magic Kingdom
Favourite QS : Cosmic Ray's, Restaurantosaurus
Favourite TS: Be Our Guest, Akersuhs Royal Banquet Hall.
Favourite AURORA IS MY GIRL!
Favourite attraction: Tower of Terror, Space/Splash mountain.

PAUL

He's the one who started it all& sort of! This is my dad and he is an absolute Disney geek. It's adorable. He comes home everyday and asks "any news?' By this he doesn't mean actual news revolving around global headlines. He means Disney news- and like me this could be from ANY area of the company:film release dates, new merchandise, New Fantasyland! I fill him in daily on anything I manage to find out.

Favourite Park : Magic Kingdom
Favourite QS: Cosmic Rays Starlight cafe
Favourite TS: The Plaza
Favourite Snow White or Rapunzel
Favourite attraction: Expedition everest, Toy Story Mania, The wildest ride in the wilderness...

CARON

Momma Parsons! She absolutely loves Disney and our holidays- she also has to put up with my pining the 50 weeks of the year we aren't there. While she loves our holidays she does enjoy to relax on them too (shudder). So there will be times when her and Paul take to the boardwalk for a stroll while me and the last Parsons member take on other challenges (i.e.. FOUR PARKS- ONE DAY!) She likes to know about the parks and big news but would rather just chill out and watch a Disney movie with me than sit obsessing over it all.

Favourite Park: Magic kingdom (we're so traditional :P)
Favourite QS: Columbia Harbour House
Favourite TS: Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest
Favourite Belle
Favourite attraction: Winnie the Pooh, Expedition Everest (WHAT A COMBO)

ZOEY

17 and my little sister. Often mistaken for the elder sister.She enjoys our holidays a lot when the time comes but gets frustrated with me shouting 'HOW MANY DAYS?!' at her 200+ days before we are due to go& She likes the parks and the movies but doesn't let on as much as she should! Quit holding back sis - we know you love it! She is the joker of the family and you'll soon see why.

Favourite park: Animal Kingdom (she had to be different)
Favourite QS: Columbia Harbour House, Restaurantosaurus
Favourite TS: Be Our Guest, Hollywood and Vine
Favourite Ariel
Favourite attraction: Dinosaur

A final disclaimer before we get rolling&

Because of the hasty decision to write this trip report I am obviously lacking with pictures in the food department. I mean, there are a FEW, undoubtedly. But I didn't think to take a picture every time a basket of nuggets was placed in front of me. None of this matters of course because there is one final thing you should know about the Parsons before we get started.. We are by no means foodies. In fact, we are& (gasp) FUSSY EATERS.
I mean on a whole other level of weird! I alone could have my own episode. I only eat chicken. Seriously. Everything has to be plain and if possible not touching. Dessert though? Yeah, no problems there!
Paul is a traditionalist and will only try things that seem "normal". He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Very British attitude to anything we Parsons would consider 'weird'.
Zoey is a vegetarian. Enough said. Just kidding! Of course Disney caters incredibly for veggies - though she can be a tad picky too.
Last but not least is poor Caron. She is celiac and therefore gluten free! But wait, what am I saying? She eats better than ALL of us this entire trip thanks to Disney's amazing attitudes to allergies and the chefs who make everything separately. Now all that's out of the way... I hope you'll join us!

...LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD&.!

NEXT UP... THE JOURNEY
http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49526553#post49526553

LEANNA AND THE FROG
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49535028

LET IT BEGIN...DAY ONE!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post49574067

DAY ONE, PART 2!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post49603237

Last edited by leannaparsons; 09-18-2013 at 09:06 PM.
leannaparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
DisneyDreamingGirl
Have A Magical Day!!!

Joining in!!! I was following along on Twitter and I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!!!
DisneyDreamingGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Howdy!!

Y'all seem like a rowdy bunch. Can't wait to read more about your beautiful family, and the great time y'all had while on holiday, as you Brits like to say.

Great intro for someone who's never written a TR before!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Joining in!

BTW, this is Timmy/Goofy_DisNerd from Twitter and Instagram. Glad to hear you got this up after all the tech struggles!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
leannaparsons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamingGirl View Post
Joining in!!! I was following along on Twitter and I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!!!
Hi! Wow that's awesome! I'm excited to get started so I hope you're ready to relive the madness! Have a magical day, princess!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
leannaparsons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Howdy!!

Y'all seem like a rowdy bunch. Can't wait to read more about your beautiful family, and the great time y'all had while on holiday, as you Brits like to say.

Great intro for someone who's never written a TR before!!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm so happy you're joining in! We certainly are- there won't be a dull moment I can assure you! Or y'all!
I hope you enjoy! Have a magical day!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
leannaparsons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Joining in!

BTW, this is Timmy/Goofy_DisNerd from Twitter and Instagram. Glad to hear you got this up after all the tech struggles!
Hey there! Hooray! Finally, right?! Haha, thanks so much for all your help! Glad you're on board- hope you enjoy it!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! It's Marissa from twitter (although I'm sure you could tell since I have the exact same name on here, haha). I'm so excited to follow along with your trip in TR form because I loved hearing about it on twitter! And your intro was excellent, you're doing awesome so far!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannaparsons View Post
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm so happy you're joining in! We certainly are- there won't be a dull moment I can assure you! Or y'all!
I hope you enjoy! Have a magical day!
I'm so impressed!! You said y'all, and you even spelled it right!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
leannaparsons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I'm so impressed!! You said y'all, and you even spelled it right!!
Well I didn't want to let an Austin girl down! Texas is literally my dream- It's top of my list of places to visit! Just adore y'all and your southern ways!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
leannaparsons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hey girl! It's Marissa from twitter (although I'm sure you could tell since I have the exact same name on here, haha). I'm so excited to follow along with your trip in TR form because I loved hearing about it on twitter! And your intro was excellent, you're doing awesome so far!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hey girl! Of course I knew right away who it was! Thank you so much for joining in- I can't wait to get started properly! Didn't realise you were on here- I gotta check yours out too! Aww thanks sweetie! Enjoy! Xx
Old 09-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in, just saw on Twitter that you started this! (I'm Jen, minnie_ears on Twitter!) Can't wait to hear about your trip great start so far!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
leannaparsons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in, just saw on Twitter that you started this! (I'm Jen, minnie_ears on Twitter!) Can't wait to hear about your trip great start so far!!
YAY! ! Thank you so much princess!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #14
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I AM HERE!!!!! And I totally thought Zoey was older. whoops.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: