Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Red face Apprehensive about Coronado Springs stay.....Reassure me.

CSR was not my first choice of resorts, but it's what we could get. Friends have stayed there over the past few years and enjoyed it, but the online reviews at tripadvisor and expedia are not that good.

Lots of complaints that the rooms are dark, dated and shabby looking. Not to mention the frequent complaints that the rooms just weren't that clean, smelled musty, bathrooms needed to be redone, etc.

I have been trying to get excited about the stay, but comments like these make me apprehensive. Do the rooms really look like they need a refurb? Are the clean or not?

Please give me something to hang on to. We have asked for 4th floor Casitas 4, standard view, if that makes a difference.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
celestialred
Keep the Dr. Pepper flowing or the fluffy bunny bites it!

We just got back from our stay there. We were in Ranchos 7B. Our room was very tidy and we liked the dark wood. Considering we first stayed there a few months after it opened in '97 when it had the dizzying multi-colored fiesta furniture, we liked the improvements in the color palette.
That being said, our tub/shower area could have used a refresh. At the very least, a tub reglaze and the brighter-colored tile toward the top of the surround updated to the turquoise accent on the bed runners would be my idea. YMMV depending on the individual room, but do not let that put you off of CSR!! All of the staff we encountered there were wonderful and helpful when we needed it. The bus service was good, and seeing all of the massive lines for the other resort busses at the parks while CSR's bus line is not big at all because the conventioners don't get out to the parks every day made us grateful to not be packed like sardines. And it's a pretty resort too, especially at night. Enjoy it.

CSR May 1998-Honeymoon
RPR @ Universal Jan 2007-Work Conference
Renaissance @ SeaWorld Jan 2013-Work Conference Micro-Trip Report Here!
Sep 2013-Back to CSR and First Trip For The Kids - Come check out my PTR here!
celestialred is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
becky1960
DIS Veteran

We went there many years ago and it was one our best trips, we are from the Southwest and thought we would not like the theme but we did. Its a very pretty resort and is a step above the other mods ( Convention resort). The pool is great and theres a lot of walking. We were in the Cabana,s so it was not to bad. We go to a lot of different resorts (Wl favorite), but we liked CS...
becky1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I stayed at CSR last year, and the rooms were in no way shabby or dated. I think they are actually among the most upscale looking at WDW. Housekeeping was great too.

Keep in mind that most people post reviews when they have negative experiences, and few post when they have good ones.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

We stayed in the Ranchos section a few years ago and liked it very much. If we stay moderate again, we'll go back to CSR. We had great housekeeping, and although I don't usually care for dark room décor, it worked at CSR.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

We've stayed once before and are returning after an unpleasant POR stay.

We found the majority of the staff to be friendly and helpful, the rooms were nice (love the privacy door) and the grounds are beautiful. I have read complaints that the grounds are too big, but we didn't find that at all. I thought our location in Mansions at POR was way worse!

Good and bad can be found about every resort. You won't know if it is for you until you personally stay there.

shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at CSR ten times and if it weren't for the fact that we now always rent points to stay DVC, we would go back to CSR in a heartbeat. We had a bad stay in December last year but that was not the resort's problem, but the Pop Warner people staying there.

The rooms are lovely, the resort is themed well and is beautiful at night.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I would take reviews with a grain of salt. Our first stay on property was CBR years ago. I read all sorts of horrible reviews about dirty rooms, musty smells, poor housekeeping. None were true. Our room was clean, no smell, and our mouse keeping was great. I haven't bothered with reading reviews for wdw resorts since. Most people who write reviews were unhappy with something. You rarely hear from people who had a great stay, which is the vast majority.
Sure, things can go wrong at any resort, but it's the minority.

And people's taste varies too. Some complain about WL, AKL and Poly being dark open the drapes!! Plenty of light comes in but some just don't like dark wood furniture, so to them that means the room is dark.

Don't worry about some reviews and enjoy your stay. Buzz has a website with lots of great photos of CSR. You can try to find it, maybe google Buzz Coronado Springs Resort, or unofficial CSR web site. Sorry I don't have the link.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
nkereina
Wendy Darling

We're staying at CSR for the first time in November. I agree with the others who said to take reviews with a grain of salt. CSR is known as the "nicest" of the four mods, and we know it won't be a motel 6, so we're not too worried!

Can I ask why you requested 4th floor in Casitas 4? Isn't that the one with the weird elevator situation? My original request was for a high floor in Casitas and then I read about how you need to take an elevator in another building in order to get to 4th floor Casitas and figured I didn't want the hassle. But if that floor is better, or worth the hassle, fill me in!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
We're staying at CSR for the first time in November. I agree with the others who said to take reviews with a grain of salt. CSR is known as the "nicest" of the four mods, and we know it won't be a motel 6, so we're not too worried!

Can I ask why you requested 4th floor in Casitas 4? Isn't that the one with the weird elevator situation? My original request was for a high floor in Casitas and then I read about how you need to take an elevator in another building in order to get to 4th floor Casitas and figured I didn't want the hassle. But if that floor is better, or worth the hassle, fill me in!
That would be Casitas 2/3 with the weird elevator. Casitas 4 and 5, non-preferred, have no elevator problems.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
BenandMorgsMom
Mouseketeer

CSR our choice when not staying at BWV or BC

Oh my....this is our resort of choice when we add on front or back to a DVC vacation. The rooms are larger than all other moderates and they have Deluxe Linens which matter to some. I love nice sheets and towels.
I stayed last July for a "cash" vacation with my DD for 11 days and it was a wonderful resort for an extended stay. It is large but we navigated and learned how to expedite our travel time with the internal buses.
The CM were very friendly and you have to admit...they have a great pool. No need to run to get a "beverage" they had servers.

We used to stay at POR until we discovered this little gem and now my DH will stay at no other moderate.
Enjoy your stay. I will be surprised if you are disappointed.
BenandMorgsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

Stayed there a year ago for the first time. Nice size room with nice size bath. Are you going with kids? The pool is really cool and the walk around the water to the pool area is nice. The bath area has a sliding divider between the sink area and the main sleeping area. It is very close to Blizzard Beach and we slipped in for a few hours. We felt the bus service was fine.

Since we usually stay at Pop we were pleased with CSR.
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
BridgetBordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
LiveToTravelNicely
Strolling the Boardwalk: January 2014!

We had a pleasant stay at CSR in 2012. The room was very nice as we're the facilities and grounds. Pros were wood doors to the sink area, gorgeous gardens, cool pool, housekeeping, and comfortable mattresses. Cons were sheets weren't the nicest quality but not terrible, we thought pepper market was terrible, and only bus transportation to everything. Concerning the must smell reported by some: on our resort day we returned after housekeeping in the late morning, but then later returned to a gross musty smell. The lower portion of the shower curtain had become soured. This was remedied quickly with a call to housekeeping. They changed out the inner curtain and bleached the tub. I was impressed with their care and service. With humidity as it is in Florida, there are chances that things won't dry quick enough and become soured. Just call them if it does...they will remedy. I would return to CSR if in your situation without hesitation. Have a nice time!

2014: EP Area- BWI-CL Standard
2012: AK Area- CSR-Casita #1
2011: MK Area- Poly-Garden View-Tokelau

LiveToTravelNicely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
LiveToTravelNicely
Strolling the Boardwalk: January 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravelNicely View Post
We had a pleasant stay at CSR in 2012. The room was very nice as were the facilities and grounds. Pros were wood doors to the sink area, gorgeous gardens, cool pool, housekeeping, and comfortable mattresses. Cons were sheets weren't the nicest quality but not terrible, we thought pepper market was terrible, and only bus transportation to everything. Concerning the must smell reported by some: on our resort day we returned after housekeeping in the late morning, but then later returned to a gross musty smell. The lower portion of the shower curtain had become soured. This was remedied quickly with a call to housekeeping. They changed out the inner curtain and bleached the tub. I was impressed with their care and service. With humidity as it is in Florida, there are chances that things won't dry quick enough and become soured. Just call them if it does...they will remedy. I would return to CSR if in your situation without hesitation. Have a nice time!
Edit: I just read that a previous post said sheets were deluxe. Maybe the sheets have been swapped since fall 2012 when we were there....they change out soft goods frequently.

2014: EP Area- BWI-CL Standard
2012: AK Area- CSR-Casita #1
2011: MK Area- Poly-Garden View-Tokelau

LiveToTravelNicely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #15
maverickj44
Earning My Ears

CSR is our top resort. We love the morning walk around the lagoon and have never had a problem while we were there. we have stayed ib Ranchos and Casitas, Casitas being our favorite. we have been on the 4th floor overlooking the parking lot and lugged our luggage up the stairs, but it was so quiet and peaceful, who cares about the elevator.
Buses are the best I have experienced, mousekeeping and front desk staff are very helpful. Enjoy your trip!
maverickj44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: