Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
kate2961
Mouseketeer

? How to Remove a Guest from CRT ADR ?

I have an ADR for CRT in August for 9 people. The problem is that 2 people cannot come. I would like to change the current ADR from 9 people to 7 people.

When I call Disney Dining, I am told that they cannot change the reservation because there are no ADR's available.

Of course this is all counterintuitive since I already have the ADR, I just want to remove 2 guests. You would think that the system would allow decreasing the number of guests.

Anyway, I'm told that we will be charged full price for the 2 guests that don't show.

Has anyone had a similar problem and figured out a solution?

Many thanks,
Kate
kate2961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

I believe the policy is that you will be penalized if no one in your party shows up for the ADR, but if only 7 show up, you should only be charged for the 7. If you are pre-paying and not using dining credits, they may have to refund the 2 no-shows at arrival(?). I would call and confirm that with another cast member. I believe you are technically fine leaving your reservation for 9 and only showing up with 7. I think you can potentially run into issues if you show up with more people than the reservation was made for.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
cigar95
DIS weakest link

The CM you spoke with is incorrect - call back and let them know you do not want to cancel and make a new reservation, you just want to remove guests from the existing one. It's not a problem for a properly trained GSA.

CRT is a somewhat different than other locations that are not pre-paid - if anyone on your party does not show up, there is no refund. You'll need to cancel them in advance for that. And unlike other locations, it *can* be done for a pre-paid location. (I've done it at CRT more than once.)

If necessary, ask to talk with a supervisor, but I've never had a problem finding a regular GSA to handle the change.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

1. You will not be charged if you arrive with 7 people instead of 9. As long as 1 person turns up for your reservation, you won't be charged. Disney understands that things come up, people get sick, people get held up somewhere.

2. The issue with decreasing the number of people on an ADR is that if often means they put you on a different table then what you were assigned. (EG: you were on a table for 10 and now you would be placed on a table for 8)

3. You will be refunded for the two people on the day if you don't cancel/change your reservation until you arrive.

4. There have been instances mentioned on this board several times when people have changed their CRT reservation on the phone with a CM and when arriving at CRT, they have no reservation. It was cancelled instead of changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2961 View Post
I have an ADR for CRT in August for 9 people. The problem is that 2 people cannot come. I would like to change the current ADR from 9 people to 7 people.

When I call Disney Dining, I am told that they cannot change the reservation because there are no ADR's available.

Of course this is all counterintuitive since I already have the ADR, I just want to remove 2 guests. You would think that the system would allow decreasing the number of guests.

Anyway, I'm told that we will be charged full price for the 2 guests that don't show.

Many thanks,
Kate

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 06-02-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
I believe the policy is that you will be penalized if no one in your party shows up for the ADR, but if only 7 show up, you should only be charged for the 7. If you are pre-paying and not using dining credits, they may have to refund the 2 no-shows at arrival(?). I would call and confirm that with another cast member. I believe you are technically fine leaving your reservation for 9 and only showing up with 7. I think you can potentially run into issues if you show up with more people than the reservation was made for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
1. You will not be charged if you arrive with 7 people instead of 9. As long as 1 person turns up for your reservation, you won't be charged. Disney understands that things come up, people get sick, people get held up somewhere.

2. The issue with decreasing the number of people on an ADR is that if often means they put you on a different table then what you were assigned. (EG: you were on a table for 10 and now you would be placed on a table for 8)

3. You will be refunded for the two people on the day if you don't cancel/change your reservation until you arrive.

4. There have been instances mentioned on this board several times when people have changed their CRT reservation on the phone with a CM and when arriving at CRT, they have no reservation. It was cancelled instead of changed.

Are you sure this is the case? I know that it is true for the cc guarantee restaurants, but CRT is prepaid. They will refund the money?

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
Are you sure this is the case? I know that it is true for the cc guarantee restaurants, but CRT is prepaid. They will refund the money?
Positive This is the case with all reservations at WDW. They will refund the money as long as one person has shown up for the reservation

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Positive This is the case with all reservations at WDW. They will refund the money as long as one person has shown up for the reservation
Still learning something everyday here on the Dis. Thanks!

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Please post an update and let us know how it ended up working out.

I was told by a CM that CRT is prepay and they will not refund the money for someone who doesn't show. Not saying that is right, but that is what I was told.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
I was told by a CM that CRT is prepay and they will not refund the money for someone who doesn't show. Not saying that is right, but that is what I was told.
Unless it is a recent change, what you're citing is correct - the prepaid meals have been handled differently than the credit card guarantee meals.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2961 View Post

Many thanks,
Kate
I just had to do this a couple months ago. It is pre-paid so they took it off my charge card.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: