Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
jjas
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on your BF being cancer-free - that's awesome!!

Agree with PP about seeing WWOHP both during the day and at night - it's awesome during the day but something about it at night is really cool. The lines also tend to be a lot shorter. If you are big coaster fans you can do Dragon Challenge with almost no wait - I recommend waiting for the front row at least once on each side. It's worth it. Dinner at Three Broomsticks is also good - and they give you a lot of food so you could maybe share. Also, by all means have the butter beer - frozen for sure. It's soooo good it's addictive!!!

At US, make sure you ride MIB, Mummy, Despicable Me, Simpsons and Rip Ride Rocket. If you can do Rip Ride during the day and I night both I would recommend that too - fun at night with the lights.

In regard to the lockers - if you feel like you need to use them don't sweat it - we use them ALL the time and have never had an issue.

Hope you have a GREAT trip!!
Me , DH , DD1 (27) , DD2 (21) , Max , Tucker , Lilly
jjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #17
rajak73
Mouseketeer

We were at Universal the end of Feb. No issues at all with the lockers. More of a issue of the finger scan not wanting to recognize DW fingerprint at front gate. We did see someone that couldn't get into their locker, but security and cast member there to help. They opened all the lockers until they found hers but she had to show security picture ID that it was hers. Also one other guy that didn't know which locker group was his. Okay, so maybe you should remember which locker group and number you put your stuff in? I would not worry about the lockers at all.
rajak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
rajak73
Mouseketeer

Must do list: Sitting at outside Margaritaville watching the people leave after the park closes.
rajak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #19
disneyboy123
Mouseketeer

Are the lockers before the line or right before getting on the ride? Also are there all day lockers you can go in and out or is it just a one time hold?

I really want to bring my dslr but think it will be really inconvenient
disneyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #20
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyboy123 View Post
Are the lockers before the line or right before getting on the ride? Also are there all day lockers you can go in and out or is it just a one time hold?

I really want to bring my dslr but think it will be really inconvenient
The ride lockers are before you get into line.

There are also all day lockers at the front of the parks.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #21
disneyboy123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
The ride lockers are before you get into line.

There are also all day lockers at the front of the parks.
thanks
i'm just weary about leaving my dslr in a locker... are the lockers some what safe?
disneyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #22
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
thanks
i'm just weary about leaving my dslr in a locker... are the lockers some what safe?
The all day lockers have a key. Or at least they used to.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks
They're safe- they lock and unlock using biometric scan of your finger.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #24
BeccaDoingDisney
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for all your responses! Since were only about a month or so away from leaving, here's a little update:

On May 12th were leaving at 10 A.M. to get to Orlando around 12-12:30 since check-in is not until 4, we decided to catch some lunch at downtown Disney and do a little shopping. We will head over to the Holiday Inn at the entrance of Universal around 3:30 and check-in spending the rest of the night to relax and get ready for the next day.

Our original plan was to make a little grocery shopping trip once we get there to avoid paying for over priced food in the park. However, we do not want to take a backpack with us and use the option of the lockers so we will be eating inside the parks for lunch. That puts a little dent on our budget, but Justin and I have been working almost everyday in order to make it work.

That doesn't mean we can't eat breakfast and dinner inside our hotel though! Therefore we will be making a little stop at Walmart for some yogurt, sandwhiches, chips, etc.

I've looked at numerous crowd calendars for our dates and everyday were there it's slow! Woohoo! However, we are thinking about getting a express pass if things are too unbearable since were not staying on-site.

Another option we have made is to take a taxi to the front of the parks. Apparently our resort is not at the entrance of Universal, it's about a half hour walk to Universal. Since we would be walking all day we figure putting up the $5 wouldn't kill us. Can you tell were totally cheapos?

The 13th, 14th, 15th, will just be days that we play in the parks all day! I would REALLY love to eat at Mythos and the Three Broomsticks for lunch, but I am wondering if I should make a reservation in order to do so?

That's all for now, thanks for reading! A trip report will be done after our vacation just fyi.
BeccaDoingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #25
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

you can use open table for the mythos ressie.
or you can make a ressie in city walk at the guest kiosk, or make it while you are in the park.

you can also do a walk up for mythos.

the 3 B's don't take ressies, except for those that have a breakfast package there.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #26
BeccaDoingDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven
you can use open table for the mythos ressie.
or you can make a ressie in city walk at the guest kiosk, or make it while you are in the park.

you can also do a walk up for mythos.

the 3 B's don't take ressies, except for those that have a breakfast package there.
Thank you very much! Would I be able to do a walk up for the Three Broomsticks? Or is it impossible? From what I've been reading it's hard to get a table there.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #27
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaDoingDisney View Post
Thank you very much! Would I be able to do a walk up for the Three Broomsticks? Or is it impossible? From what I've been reading it's hard to get a table there.
The breakfast is expensive and not the best food. If you want to eat there, I'd do lunch or dinner. We go at the end of August, and I never found much of a line for lunch or dinner.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #28
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaDoingDisney View Post
if you want breakfast, go to the TM standing outside of the entrance that has a clipboard.

ask that TM if there is room for a walk in.

lunch and dinner has better food.
never an issue to get in and eat during that time period.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
BeccaDoingDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G

The breakfast is expensive and not the best food. If you want to eat there, I'd do lunch or dinner. We go at the end of August, and I never found much of a line for lunch or dinner.
Alrighty! What are some of your favorite things to eat there? Any recommendations?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #30
BeccaDoingDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G

Alrighty! What are some of your favorite dishes there? Any recommendations?

Tags
cancer, clueless, help tourist, ioa, universal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: